12 C VCJ with Harbert Sticker

Palifan

Sith Lord
wrighty said:
Palifan said:
Forgot I posted those pictures but remember it well. Looks like it was the real deal though with this Vectis one up for grabs, who knows what it will achieve but it'll make for some interesting viewing.

Ian

Of course Ian, you started it all off. Was Justin your friend? :lol:

No, not really, he was someone who I think contacted me on here about this figure and sent me some pictures of it. As he was having trouble uploading them onto here I helped him out as I felt other people should see this. I think he had another card back with the same sticker, maybe a ESB Leia but I take a look in my messages to see if I've kept hold of it.

Ian

TrisCompany

Jedi Knight
Makes you think about the guys at the toy factory on 4 quid an hour putting labels on stuff. Little did they know that adding or not adding a label would be the difference of 10000 plus to a kids toy to be sold for a quid. Amazing really.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
maxf said:
wrighty said:
I am going to assume the seller wants maximum price for the item hence going through Vectis with the promotion etc etc. For something like them don't you think the price might be 20% or 30% more if graded? So to me it makes sense to get it graded and sell from there! I know there are the grading and non-grading camp, we are talking maximum profit here!!

Yes, probably - but you've got the risk of it getting damaged in transit and massive grading fees (AFA charge based on value!), then if it gets a low grade it might put people off (wrong, I know). There is a saying about leaving a bit in for the next man - this probably applies here.

If the figure is in the UK wouldn't you send it to UKG to be graded as I presume there would be less chance of it getting damaged in transit?

Do UKG grade based on value as well?

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
maxf said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:
I bet it tops 20k. If you think about it, a standard Kenner one is what, 10k? Now chuck a Harbert sticker on the back. That's a good chunk of change there for sure. And here's the kicker: Factor in that our US and Singaporean big spending friends find their $$$ go an extra 20% further than usual and you're looking at a big ticket item. I really wouldn't surprise me if this did 25k.

Nah, I dont think so. Not many VC Jawas are hitting the £10k mark ($12k give or take), unless they are mega highly graded. This is cool, but quite niche. I'd say it might hit £10k... might.

Which Jawa would you value more a standard Kenner VCJ or this one assuming the both figures were the same grade?

wrighty

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
maxf said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:
I bet it tops 20k. If you think about it, a standard Kenner one is what, 10k? Now chuck a Harbert sticker on the back. That's a good chunk of change there for sure. And here's the kicker: Factor in that our US and Singaporean big spending friends find their $$$ go an extra 20% further than usual and you're looking at a big ticket item. I really wouldn't surprise me if this did 25k.

Nah, I dont think so. Not many VC Jawas are hitting the £10k mark ($12k give or take), unless they are mega highly graded. This is cool, but quite niche. I'd say it might hit £10k... might.

Which Jawa would you value more a standard Kenner VCJ or this one assuming the both figures were the same grade?

As already mentioned, this is a niche item for a variant collector. No one looking for a VCJ MOC is going for this especially for the extra premium of a C back and the Harbert sticker. If you just looking for a VCJ MOC get a standard A back it will save you a lot of cash! 8)

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Hi

When people say MOC (Mint On Card) are they referring to any carded example or a pristine example (85-90 grade)?

Thanks for your help.

wrighty

Sith Lord
Lindo said:
any figure still sealed to original card is a moc ralph

Doesn't matter the condition of the card, the assumption the figure is still sealed its mint!! Wouldn't touch on the U topic!! :lol:

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
wrighty said:
Wreck-It Ralph said:
maxf said:

As already mentioned, this is a niche item for a variant collector. No one looking for a VCJ MOC is going for this especially for the extra premium of a C back and the Harbert sticker. If you just looking for a VCJ MOC get a standard A back it will save you a lot of cash! 8)

Hi

If you were looking to buy a Kenner VCJ and hypothetically you could buy the Harbert sticker VCJ for the same price which would you buy assuming both figures were the same grade?

stormcab

Sith Lord
Can we not start some gambling on here? What will a mega rare piece go for at Vectis? Closest guess wins the pot :lol:

Jez

Sith Lord
Wowzers. Thats a beaut. Yeah there are some doubters out there but there are a heck of a lot of believers. Not Justin Biebers.
This is a bit of a gem, and with the exchange rate as it stands with the strong $ and euro this could very easily reach the figures being thrown about.
I wonder what will appear next!!

Vin3po

Jedi Knight
I am not sure what it will bring but I am guessing high, maybe somewhere in the middle between 10 - 15k ? saying that when that AFA Palitoy VCJ came up I thought would hit a lot more than it did.

What did the Palitoy VCJ end up selling for again ? did the owner not get offered more than it made on ebay ? not sure if he went through on the sale or not.

Cheers

Vince

wrighty

Sith Lord
Just ended!! Not as high as some people think! 8)

Attachments

• IMG_1395.PNG
    IMG_1395.PNG
    85.2 KB · Views: 542

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
I know this is a Kenner card with a Harbert sticker on it but if you had to classify it would you class it as Harbert or Kenner?

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
I know this is a Kenner card with a Harbert sticker on it but if you had to classify it would you class it as Harbert or Kenner?

The sticker makes it Harbert.

Jason

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
How do you display it though? Front out with an angled mirror behind or sticker out with angled mirror behind? Surely seeing it in the round is key to the piece being what it is?

maxf

Jedi Master
Ten THOUSAND pounds.... a steal? I think we need to step back and take a look at ourselves here.

It went for way more than a Kenner version would have (in the same condition) and is effectively a rather niche sticker variation.

10 Grand just can't be considered 'cheap' can it? Was anybody here bidding?

PulsarP

Jedi Knight
maxf said:
Ten THOUSAND pounds.... a steal? I think we need to step back and take a look at ourselves here.

It went for way more than a Kenner version would have (in the same condition) and is effectively a rather niche sticker variation.

10 Grand just can't be considered 'cheap' can it? Was anybody here bidding?

I was bidding if it stayed at £6000 :p

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom