was there a R2 D2 with a telescope made in 1977?

Jedi Master 1

Padawan
Hi guys,
When i checked my R2 D2 a few days ago, i was a bit confused when i noticed it was made in 1977? I know there was the solid dome R2 D2 that was the first line of R2's made in 1977 but was there a telescoping R2 D2 made in 1977? I'm only asking because the only time R2 D2 uses his telescope is in ESB which came out in 1980. Did Kenner make this version in 1977 as well? It clearly says on my one 'Made in Hong Kong 1977'

Jedi Master 1

Padawan
Ok, so someone removed the solid dome and put the telescoping dome on the body of the solid dome's original body? will this affect the value of my R2 D2? He looks perfect!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Nothing to worry about, all sensorscope R2's have the 1977 copyright date :)

walkie

Sith Lord
itfciain said:
edd_jedi said:

As do all R2 Pop ups as well :D

Actually only the Kenner POTF pop up is 1977, the Glasslite POTF and both Kenner & Glasslite Droids figure are all 1985 :shock:

itfciain

Grand Master
walkie said:
itfciain said:
edd_jedi said:

As do all R2 Pop ups as well :D

Actually only the Kenner POTF pop up is 1977, the Glasslite POTF and both Kenner & Glasslite Droids figure are all 1985 :shock:

Indeed - should have been more specific - thanks for the correction

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
Robstyley said:
Please stop calling it a telescope.. it's a sensorscope, we are not at sea! :lol:

Well, technically given that R2 did use it from underwater when he fell into the swamp on Dagobah, it is a periscope.

:D

Pat

poncho

Grand Master
note * some solid top r2d2s made it on the early wave of empire strikes back figures with 1978 date stamps. reason overstock of r5d4 bodys :)

Robstyley

Sith Lord
darth_daddius said:
Robstyley said:
Please stop calling it a telescope.. it's a sensorscope, we are not at sea! :lol:

Well, technically given that R2 did use it from underwater when he fell into the swamp on Dagobah, it is a periscope.

:D

Pat

Ha ha.. I knew someone was going to say that! He uses it to look for Luke on Hoth too, it's multifunctional. It is called a sensorscope by Kenner on the card though :wink:

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
Is that the same Kenner that first made Snaggletooth tall and with a Blue suit, and then called 4-LOM "Zuckuss" and Zuckuss "4-LOM". :)

'Cause they never get it wrong.........

Pat
PS. This is all tongue in cheek - its called a Sensorscope. I couldn't resist the periscope line....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom