Tonigate air date on Fake Britain

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Good work Jason, just watched it, made me realise I may have a couple more though & he has even affected my collecting focus drastically having opened so many baggie for figures for the recards he's done, be nice to some kind of legal action being braught against, him, but who would do it with Kenner & Palitoy out of the picture? :?

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Shame about that Kenner cardback getting mixed up into the 65d snowtrooper piece. Apart from that it all came across pretty well, I thought.

Cheers Jason

rhyfelyser

Jedi Knight
Supporter
As someone who bought an expensive MOC off his marsking ebay account and graded it afterwards, i would love to have seen them knocking on Toni's door and seeing his ugly mug. Anyway great watch and 2 fantastic collections.

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Really enjoyed it! Perhaps not given enough transmission time but thats perhaps to be expected with the BBC.

But was there was really good. You came across very well Jason.

Awesome collection you have. Loved the Palitoy advert and of course the archive footage. Who was the other guy that Chris of Astons visited?

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Thanks for the kind words guys. Fake Britain like doing follow ups. I'm sure I've seen curlers and dentist drills on before!

cheers Jason

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
palitoyjunky said:
**** sake :!: like a dickhead I totally forgot :oops:
Can I watch it on iplayer now or catch up on demand??

It's already on demand, 34 mins in is the start point:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04v65js/fake-britain-series-5-episode-19

Jason

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Great stuff Jason :D

I can't help feeling a lot of will just go over peoples heads though due to the poor editing and lack of focus and mistakes from the production team

It seemed a bit of a rush to fit it all in, needed a bit more focus on the fact that the parts used are original and less shots of peoples collections. A mention of Toni would have been nice too, but I am sure his name was not mentioned due to legal reasons.

After the eCigs, hair curlers and dentist drills I was left concerned about these products, I do not feel they done as good a job on the Toy Toni's as they did with the other products, probably because there is no safety issue with them, just financial loss for collectors and that is considering I know the ramifications of these fakes.

Despite my pessimism its great for this to get national coverage, and all publicity is good publicity and its also good to have another SWFUKer to have celebrity status. Lets hope this spreads the word and sets up the chase to get Toni in court.

Well played that man Mr P though, represent!! :mrgreen:

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
JuniorChubb said:
Great stuff Jason :D

I can't help feeling a lot of will just go over peoples heads though due to the poor editing and lack of focus and mistakes from the production team

It seemed a bit of a rush to fit it all in, needed a bit more focus on the fact that the parts used are original and less shots of peoples collections. A mention of Toni would have been nice too, but I am sure his name was not mentioned due to legal reasons.

After the eCigs, hair curlers and dentist drills I was left concerned about these products, I do not feel they done as good a job on the Toy Toni's as they did with the other products, probably because there is no safety issue with them, just financial loss for collectors and that is considering I know the ramifications of these fakes.

Despite my pessimism its great for this to get national coverage, and all publicity is good publicity and its also good to have another SWFUKer to have celebrity status. Lets hope this spreads the word and sets up the chase to get Toni in court.

Well played that man Mr P though, represent!! :mrgreen:

All publicity is good publicity!

There were a few mistakes in there, the producer is not a vintage collector though, so there were bound to be a few.

cheers Jason

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
I recorded it and have the day off work today (back on Monday though - sadly I can only aspire to be a house husband :wink: ) so I should be able to share the relevant section today. Can anyone recommend somewhere to share it?

Well done Jason on getting this on TV. It is a bit unfortunate that the preceding items were all safety issues, but I think the people that really need to see this are SW collectors anyway. Getting it out to a wider audience should encourage collectors who weren't aware of this issue to find out more themselves, or will result in family/friends of collectors saying "Did you see Fake Britain...". It's the sort of thing my Dad would see and mention to me, and if that pattern's repeated across the country then mission accomplished.

mumbo

Sith Lord
I think that came out well as did you Jason, well played :)

Where's the accent from? had a bit of a west country sound to it :?:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom