Poon Troopers again and Everybody Loves Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

plantman

Sith Lord
i think the key thing to remember is that they have chosen a simple figure to reproduce as its cast in one colour, if they move on to other figures it will get more expensive for them too, casting multiple parts in different colours and then painting them properly will cost them more than what they can sell them on for. the stormtroopers are like you guys said, already a pointless purchase cost wise.

maybe vader will appear ect, the issue will arise if they go for Yak Face or Blue snag, big production jump for them though as it would have to be extremely good quality.

x-pack

Grand Master
"And TFB....I look forward seeing you again over on RS....maybe make it a bit more difficult this time.....like....hmmm.....Tiefighterman.....or TieFighterTodd??? TFT??"

:lol: :lol:

I think there were three of us banned actually. Who is the third? :?

x-pack

Grand Master
:lol:

That's four :? or are two of them known pseudonyms that Tod is using? :lol:

itfciain

Grand Master
It was you, me & Grant (Maulster) on the email from Mike - I think Todd got his own email

x-pack

Grand Master
We should poach people from RS because basically (A) we are cool and (B) i feel kind of sorry for them. They would have to go through some sort of selection. I suggest it could involve a written test, question one being 'what is the dirtiest swear word you know?'. If the answer is Darn or Dang they obviously fail and should stick to RS :lol:

x-pack

Grand Master
itfciain said:
It was you, me & Grant (Maulster) on the email from Mike - I think Todd got his own email

:lol: did they have to list all the possible names he might use and say 'they are also banned!'?

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
itfciain said:

Yeah...I got my own for having sock puppet account (One of about five I have on there)...they already know I despise them...so no point in pointing that out by them. I knew I would get banned just because...well..It was me...the other guys should not have caught it in the ass.

x-pack

Grand Master
Ah no worries dude. It would have happened sooner or later ..to me at least ...and clearly you :p

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
itfciain said:

You too???? Maulster also??? :shock: :shock:

I guess I have to reread the thread.....I must have missed sth :scratch:

PGowdy

Grand Master
wbobafett said:
itfciain said:

A lot of it won't be what what said in the thread over there. The main reason they got banned was due to "someone" alerting Michael to a thread here with said members bad-mouthing RS and it's moderators.

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
PGowdy said:
wbobafett said:
itfciain said:

A lot of it won't be what what said in the thread over there. The main reason they got banned was due to "someone" alerting Michael to a thread here with said members bad-mouthing RS and it's moderators.

:lol: :lol: :lol: ....okay...I really thought I missed sth.

Wait a second :eek: ....what have I written here regarding RS :? :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

On a serious note....a bit childish from the mods if you ask me. I can see their point on TFB (sock account) and maybe x-pack (who only went over there to stir trouble), but itfciain and Maulster did a valuable job over there with many good posts IMO.....

PS: "Someone".... :lol: We all know who it was....dont we??

Richard_H

Grand Master
I don't know who did this deed (suspects are few) but I believe it wasn't Josh after a few PMs. Thought I should say that.

spoons

Grand Master
Cc4rhu said:
I don't know who did this deed (suspects are few) but I believe it wasn't Josh after a few PMs. Thought I should say that.

It's a pretty low and petty act whoever it was. The RS mods have been very petty in this too - surely an email warning would have been better than an outright ban.

It's like being banned from watching your football team for thinking that they are ****, or the manager doesn't know what he's doing. We all think that from time to time but still support them.

The RS mods have gone very big
Brother on this - not a good thing

Joe

Grand Master
Are the bans permanent for Iain, Grant etc?

Happy to speak to Mike on your behalf guys if you they are permanent and you want your accounts reinstated, not sure it will be granted but if it is then at least you could use the classifieds again under your real names.

All I will say is, if you do get back on there, whatever you do - don't argue with the usual **** stirring suspects..we know who they are and what they do, nobody needs to rise to it as "they" have been doing it for years now.

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Joe said:
Are the bans permanent for Iain, Grant etc?

"Good Afternoon,

It's been brought to my attention that the three of you harbor an intense dislike of Rebelscum. You've also engaged in trolling behavior either in the past, recently (Mark Poon stormtrooper thread), or both. Given that the three of you seem bent on causing trouble and lack desire to contribute in a positive way to the forum community, you are no longer welcome on the Rebelscum forums nor as member of the Rebelscum community. This removal has nothing to do with censoring opinions, blocking freedon of speech, or anything like that; it is solely attributed to the negative *manner* in which you convey those opinions.

Thanks,
Mike"

...sounds permanent to me?!??!?!

itfciain

Grand Master
Joe - yes they are permanent - I have been talking with Mike over the past couple of days but I don't think he is budging. I understand that a number of people have send him messages on my behalf but nothing seems to be swaying him at the moment - however you are welcome to try

In terms of the thread itself, and even the threads on here that I believe were pointed out to him (not by Josh) I don't think Grant or I say anything particularly bad - and certainly no worse than was said by Josh or AussieF in the same thread - however, I think we are guilty by association and both of us have had warnings in the past (I think I got one for the Karen stuff)

I am upset that I got banned, mainly because I do a lot of buying and selling on there and have a good reputation as a seller. As I use the same forum name across the boards and on eBay then it reflects badly on me as a person

Anyway, hopefully I can get back on there one day - and as I was saying to Todd earlier, if I do then I will steer clear of the discussions where certain people only want to cause trouble

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
He should check out your profile. Most members have near the same amount of likes recieved and given.....you have 166 likes recieved, but you have given 237. That doesnt sound to me like contributing in a "negative manner" :?:

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
I am not going back on there and I easily could with my other accounts......it's like talking to a brick wall over there. The other guys got banned because they played with me on the playground and that is a damn shame. Anyways......Joe could give a try for the rest of you....it might work. Sorry you guys got drug into the great repro/bootleg debate.

Joe

Grand Master
Ok Iain, well I will still email him and see if it does any good.

One other thing I wanted to say though, the RS bashing that has been happening of late on SWF has well and truly backfired as it's making everyone associated with SWF look like RS haters when in actual fact it's just the opinions of a few members. Not saying it's right or wrong, it's their opinion and they are entitled to it but if links to SWF posts/threads bashing RS (before and after the banning) were dropped in the RS moderators laps then yeah..hasn't done anyone any favours.

I don't think it's entirely impossible that someone did a bit of extra work to put the boot in on you guys to make sure you got banned permanently and it wouldn't take a lot to find many, many comments that were a bit anti RS on here unfortunately.

Might be something to think about in the future that's all - not pointing any fingers as not everyone that was banned badmouthed RS on this forum but I definitely think it was a factor in how the bans were dealt with.

As for Josh and him not being banned. I think most people know my opinion on the man so no point going over it again :) It seems "skating on thin ice" has turned into skating happily on the iceberg that sunk the Titanic over the years..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom