ewok village take it apart again without breaking it ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi guys, I was thinking are there a special trick to take the 3 trees apart from the rest of the ewok village witout breaking them ? :unsure: Or do we just need to pull and hope it does not break ? :ROFLMAO:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
The easy answer is don't the tabs will break.
I don't know of any tricks so they don't, perhaps someone will.
Good luck🤞

Pomse2001

Grand Master
The easy answer is don't the tabs will break.
I don't know of any tricks so they don't, perhaps someone will.
Good luck🤞
That is what I fear, But I was thinking kenner made them to build them and take them apart again or did they :unsure:

I some members have a good trick ?

Gadders

Padawan
They may (or may not) have been made to be taken apart again, but as Mini99 say above - don't try it. The plastic will most likely be brittle after all this time and the tabs will snap off. Not worth the risk.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
They may (or may not) have been made to be taken apart again, but as Mini99 say above - don't try it. The plastic will most likely be brittle after all this time and the tabs will snap off. Not worth the risk.
okay thanks, I have also tried to search on youtube for some tricks but I did not find anything. I hope some day I will hear about a trick so they do not break ;) let me know if you hear about something.

batman

Padawan
I use warm water to soften the plastic before I take anything apart that's attached with clips or tabs, same trick for putting it back together.
Only do this when you absolutely have to take it apart because repeated heating and cooling of the plastic can cause it to become more brittle.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Don't do it! Whats your reason for taking it apart? Are you thinking of boxing it up for storage?

Well I have 2 of them with boxes. But my nephew wanted to play with one of them and I thought it is hard for kids to break anything in that playset if you play normal with it and not hard. So I put one of them together and when he was done and should home to mom and dad then I wanted to take it apart again and put it back in the box and I noticed it was not easy so now I am scared to take it apart again :rolleyes:. I looked at a 3rd set I have that are not complete that I got once from a lot and had been keeping it as spare parts if needed in the future and after looking at the 3rd set I saw a little bit of brown plastic broken on one of the tree where it lock on and now I fear if I take the set apart again then I will break someting :rolleyes: So I thought kenner should have made it to take it apart again and maybe there was a trick how to do it without breaking the locks in the tree ? :unsure:

But I guess maybe it was not made to take in and out of boxes :unsure: But then again not all kids had a big room in the 80s and maybe needed to take it apart again to put it back maybe in a plastic toy case or something like that so it did not take a lot of space :unsure: did kenner think about that ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I use warm water to soften the plastic before I take anything apart that's attached with clips or tabs, same trick for putting it back together.
Only do this when you absolutely have to take it apart because repeated heating and cooling of the plastic can cause it to become more brittle.
Thanks (y) but it looks like this are only for emergency as you write plastic become more brittle. But it is better than nothing.

If you hear about a trick that are even better then please let me know :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom