palitoy cardback complete runs

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
spoons said:
Welcome aboard Mr palitoy - where's the Han hoth's?

I'm 2 short on that run. Have a 30a, 30b, 41a, 45c, 65d & 70b. Missing a 45a which is confirmed as existing as a cardback on the palitoy cardback guide and a 45b the only known example of which is MOC and owned by sith-smith.

So, it could be a while before I get a run of that one!

:roll:

Jason

wozza35

Jedi Knight
welcome to the forum :D love all those cardbacks but you did get me thinking ,do we have any ladies on here :?

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Dom said:
Welcome on board, those are some cracking cardbacks. Whats your prize one?

There are a few one of a kinds in there. My favourite one would have to be the Han Solo Bespin 45b since it was a complete surprise find.

Of the trilogos it would be the General Madine. Very rare. Had to open a reseal on that one since any cardbacks tend to get made up as mock MOC since it's so rare.

Always got to love 30 back's of the original 12 figures. I have a ben kenobi 30 back so far.

And the new cardback variations I've discovered which aren't on the palitoy cardback guide. There's a 65at (made in taiwan) and 65cc (made in china). And the 45a is actually to different types 45a and 45ab with each figure existing in either/or variation except 4-Lom which exists as both.

I can post some threads describing the new variations if anyone's interested.

Jason

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Welcome on board Jason!

Good to see we're getting new members who aren't spammers, for once!

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
spam.gif

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
welcome aboard mate. i have an fx-7 palitoy logo esb cardback in my cupboard somehwere, if you think you might need it i'll dig it out!

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
craignwo4life said:
Bollux said:
So you have lots of spare figures then?
Look out, Bollux is on the scrounge again !!! :wink:

I'll bear it in mind.

:wink:

Seriously though, haven't had access to my main star wars cupboard for several weeks now, and no idea when I will again. The figures and all the boxed playsets and ships are in there.

:?

Jason

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
welcome aboard mate. i have an fx-7 palitoy logo esb cardback in my cupboard somehwere, if you think you might need it i'll dig it out!

Thanks for the offer. I need the 45a to complete the run for that figure. That's the one with the blue circled dangar offer on the front of the card above the palitoy logo.

Jason

jayjedi

Sith Lord
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STAR-WARS-Card-BEN-KENOBI-Vintage-PALITOY-12-BACK_W0QQitemZ180080705134QQihZ008QQcategoryZ50277QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item180080705134

you got this one jase

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Thanks for the heads up.

Yes, I have. That's at 12a which says that the x-wing/tie fighter has sound effects. I need the later 12b which doesn't say that. I only need the 12b for a complete run of cardbacks. The original listing had a 12b variation on the back of the card. I was about to bid when I spotted that the seller had used the same picture for the back of the card on all his auctions. Once I told him there were 2 types, this is one of the auctions he had to update to a 12a variation. Bit disappointed, but hey, there's always tomorrow.

:wink:

Jason

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
mash said:
welcome aboard matey lovely collection you have there why have you gone for cardbacks rather than the whole card and figure??

mash

I do collect MOC too. Working on the first 20 MOC but it's a tad expensive. Thought the cardback matrix was a cheaper option and more challenging. I've made some new discoveries on the way which I'm pleased about. Also, they take up much less space than MOC, which is more practical since I don't have a display room right now. Plus, I'd be clashing with gary more often than not. So it's nice to have your own niche. I also collect these:-

My AFA 90 ROTJ Palitoy MOC foucs.

afa_90_21b.jpg

afa_90_han_solo.jpg

afa_90_lobot.jpg

afa_90_luke_hoth.jpg

afa_90_boba_fett.jpg

afa_90_c3po_removable_limbs.jpg

afa_90_stormtrooper_hoth.jpg

Jason

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Yep. A couple are subgrades 85 90 90 and one is 90 90 95. Still looking for that elusive AFA 95 Palitoy MOC...

8)

Jason

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom