OT: Gary Smith in hospital

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
Very sad to hear this. I don't know Gary personally either, but I've been aware of his tremendous collection and high-standing in the collecting community for several years. All the best for a speedy recovery - and I hope the deadbeats responsible get all that they deserve.

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Lee,
Just read the post over on RS and wanted to post here also.

Only met Gary the once but speak to him regularly over collecting and he's the soundest of blokes. Would go well out his way to do anything he can to help you.

To echo Andy's comment,this country right pisses me off when you hear of stories like this,like others I'm gutted. Hope the wankers got a rite beating and Gary gave them what for. Also wishing him a full and speedy recovery.

If there is anything any of us can do let us know.

dark lord

Padawan
:evil: What a bunch of cowardly scum picking on one guy, and they were tooled up as well :eek: . I only know what i have read and seen on the Forum but Gary sounds like a great guy. I wish Gary a speedy recovery and i admire him for standing up to **** wits like that.

iDrew

Padawan
I've never met him, but get well soon Gary. Hope you make a full receovery and the cowards that jumped you die a slow and painful death

ODB

Jedi Master
Thats shocking news. I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery and the attackers get whats coming to them.

I've met Gary several times and he is a really nice guy, can't say anything bad about him.

spoons

Grand Master
plantman said:
Just typical of this country

I wish him well and hope they catch the ****ing scum that did it.

im sick of the "deadbeats society" and think we should cull them like any other waste of space

Well said mr Plantman - there's some real scum out there

This is really bad news, it sounds crazy but from some of the recent stabbing tales he's lucky it's not worse.

A digital card sounds like a great idea - but i think Gary would probably prefer a stripping nurse :wink:

my thoughts are with him

Lee Bullock

Jedi Knight
I have to say what a fantastic outpouring of support both in this thread and in private message for Gaz. I am sure he will be bolstered by this.

Anyway an update on his condition: Obviously he isnt in the best of conditions, they have found that he has sustained a bleed in the brain but the docs say it doesnt need any immediate intervention - this however is being closely monitored. The operation tomorrow is to fix the broken upper jaw and eye socket, the operation is to take place in the morning. I shall ring the ward in the afternoon to see see how he got on.

I am afraid this is all I have at the moment.

I am sure all of your best wishes are with him.

Lee

I have never met you Gary, but I wish you a full and speedy recovery. From the praise that others have given you, it sounds like this hobby needs you back quickly.

GodSpeed Brother.

Gary B.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Sorry only, just seen this, really really awful news. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. I hope he recovers quickly and they get what's coming to them...

plantman

Sith Lord
well, im working on a digital card that i will post up on here for Lee to forward aound for people to sign, if anyone has a hi-res palitoy logo they could send that would be good?

Cheers

Andy

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Not sure what I have on the computer at home, but this is the best from google images:-

palitoy_sm.jpg

Jason

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Darren Simpson is organising a get well present for Gary on rebelscum.

You can donate via paypal via the details he posted on here:-

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=5&Board=UBB1&Number=4263255&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=2

Jason

benbob

Padawan
I didn't believe the post when I first started reading, only ever met Gary once at MEM to pick up some figures, he's a top bloke and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Lee Bullock

Jedi Knight
Just got through to the ward - the operation went well and he is conscious. No complications as of yet. Sorry I dont have more but thats good news at the moment. I have sent all of our best wishes to our fallen bro.

Cheers

Lee

Josh

Sith Lord
Lee Bullock said:
Just got through to the ward - the operation went well and he is conscious. No complications as of yet. Sorry I dont have more but thats good news at the moment. I have sent all of our best wishes to our fallen bro.

Cheers

Lee

That's good news Lee!
Thanks for the update :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom