Non-figure "Miscards?"

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I just realised that I've never seen a mispackaged vehicle, playeset, weapon etc. Does anybody know of any, preferably with photos/links?

I'd have thought there must have been just as many odd playsets/creatures etc as there were figures by the end of the line, so I'm surprised there doesn't seem to be many about.

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
I can't say I've ever seen any Edd. I guess that the different sizes of things and the tailor-made boxes and inserts may have minimised the occurances of this. It would have been much easier to make mistakes or intentionally use the wrong card with figures and their weapons.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah I know what you mean, I guess I thought it wouldn't be that out-of-the-ordinary to see a Gamorrean Guard in a Rebo Band pack, or a normal Tie in a Darth Tie box.

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
plus your never gonna know if its wrong vechile today with out opening it which not a lot of people are willing to do (lets get figs out way first)
which makes me ask how do afa know whats in the box .do they have sopme kind of airport scanner .if not there could be alot of boxed bricks getting graded :lol: :lol:

David Tree

Jedi Master
Not with any vehicle that I've been aware of, mainly due to two reasons;

1) the production packaging line for a vehicle is vastly different to action figures. Purely on a footprint, number of components and people needed means that a Falcon might run down one assembly 'pick and pack' line and an xwing would run adjecent on another. If you visit any assembly line (not just toy) you'll see that it's very difficult to confuse a completed product with another. Figures on the otherhand had generally 4 elements, card, figure, bubble and weapon. Weapons and figures came in hoppers to a packing desk, so it's easy to mix to up.

2) dealers will inevitably pick out inserts, instructions, parts to help make a better one, so if there has been anything extra found in the boxes in the last 20 years, you can bet they thought nothing of it and just put it in another box. Equally, if a dealer was to sell a PDT-8 in and MTV-7 box and claim it was a mis-box, it would end up as a thread here with load of 'yeah right'.

What I have found with those I oped MISB myself is that there was a great number missing elements. I've had a Snowspeeder with no harpoon block, Slave 1 with no stickers or rear door and a Millennium Falcon with no stickers or instructions.

Hope that's of interest,
Dave.

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
David Tree said:
What I have found with those I oped MISB myself is that there was a great number missing elements. I've had a Snowspeeder with no harpoon block, Slave 1 with no stickers or rear door and a Millennium Falcon with no stickers or instructions.
Dave.

I remember writing off to Palitoy to get missing parts for my Falcon and Rebel Transport and a sticker sheet for something else (can't remember what). I remember their customer services being very good though and the packages with the bits and pieces arrived quickly in a jiffy bag. They even used to throw in extra free bits like weapons as I recall.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Darth Wensleydale said:
David Tree said:
Dave.

I remember writing off to Palitoy to get missing parts for my Falcon and Rebel Transport and a sticker sheet for something else (can't remember what). I remember their customer services being very good though and the packages with the bits and pieces arrived quickly in a jiffy bag. They even used to throw in extra free bits like weapons as I recall.

When, or how recently, was that?

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
weasel said:
Darth Wensleydale said:
David Tree said:
Dave.

When, or how recently, was that?

Oooohhh about 27 years ago :wink: :lol:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
I remember writing off to Palitoy to get missing parts for my Falcon and Rebel Transport and a sticker sheet for something else (can't remember what). I remember their customer services being very good though and the packages with the bits and pieces arrived quickly in a jiffy bag. They even used to throw in extra free bits like weapons as I recall.[/quote]

When, or how recently, was that?[/quote]

you ask some dumb questions sometimes weasel :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: you should have told him last week darth

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I know! :lol: :oops:

My brain is really not working at the minute, insomnia is ****ing killing me. Last nights sleep I got was Saturday :roll:

Anyone know any decent cures for insomnia, before I start my own underground fighting club! (Not support groups near me)

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
weasel said:
I know! :lol: :oops:

My brain is really not working at the minute, insomnia is ****ing killing me. Last nights sleep I got was Saturday :roll:
stop bragging your with a 18 year old

Anyone know any decent cures for insomnia, before I start my own underground fighting club! (Not support groups near me)

sleep works ****ing wonders :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom