Nick's Jawa Focus - 26/04/2014 UPDATE

TC-14

Sith Lord
I do enjoy your tiny font pointers AJ (blue waffle, I think that was one of yours previously... less said about that, the better), but where on earth have you spotted Wicket?

itfciain

Grand Master
TC-14 said:
I do enjoy your tiny font pointers AJ (blue waffle, I think that was one of yours previously... less said about that, the better), but where on earth have you spotted Wicket?

Top left looks like a Plush Wicket

Nick - I just want to say how amazing this is - for you to amass such a collection in such a short space of time is truly incredible. I know that you had the cash available but evening tracking down some of these items can take years so well done mate

Can't wait to see what you are going to do with all the other MOCs that you have

Chico

Jedi Knight
Amazing, :D

I need to show this to the wife. Why on earth would she want to turn the spare room into a nursery when we could do something like this instead!?! :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen:

Palifan

Sith Lord
I've been trying to get hold on a Jawa recently and just can't seem to find any for sale.............

That's one fantastic Jawa army there Nick! :D

Impresive - Ian

Lee77

Sith Lord
This is the first time I've looked at this Nick Top, top stuff dude.
The speed at which it's coming together is scary!!!

BTW, a couple of weeks back there was a Palitoy LOTJ that was sealed but was taken off after a couple of days. Did you get it?

Lee77

Sith Lord
Nick_IoW said:
Naw didnt get that Palitoy LotJ - do have one though, but don't like the box much so got my eye on a better one :)

lol mate. I'll take it off my watch list then!!

rob71

Sith Lord
Awesome update Nick, your display really looks stunning and the lighting in the cabinets sets it off superbly. One question - the centre display with your loose figures, is that a wall mounted cabinet or is it built into the wall?

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
rob71 said:
Awesome update Nick, your display really looks stunning and the lighting in the cabinets sets it off superbly. One question - the centre display with your loose figures, is that a wall mounted cabinet or is it built into the wall?

There was a door there, so I removed it and took the opportunity to put a surrounding in the stubbing and cut the plaster to fit. Got the shelving sorted and stained and here we have it. So it's in the wall. I could have put the lighting in earlier - but I wanted it to be easily fixable or easy to take out - so I did that afterwards. The acrylic sheet clips in and out so as to be removed easily when needed. Just waiting on my nephew to do some vinyl sheets to stick the space behind the figures - a SW logo one, ESB, ROTJ and a POTF logo one.

Nearly done.

Nick

izzyblue

Padawan
Hi Nick, fantastic collection you have put together. Awesome. I see you are on the Isle of Wight and wondered if you help me with a question? When I was last there a couple of years ago I saw a sign outside a shop in Godshill, near the Old Smithy, saying vintage Star Wars figures for sale. Didn't get chance to stop or even go back, but was wondering if it is still there do you know and if so is it worth a visit? I'm hoping to get over in September sometime. Cheers

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
izzyblue said:
Hi Nick, fantastic collection you have put together. Awesome. I see you are on the Isle of Wight and wondered if you help me with a question? When I was last there a couple of years ago I saw a sign outside a shop in Godshill, near the Old Smithy, saying vintage Star Wars figures for sale. Didn't get chance to stop or even go back, but was wondering if it is still there do you know and if so is it worth a visit? I'm hoping to get over in September sometime. Cheers

Hi mate - yup I know where you mean. Its a small toy museum (some of my childhood collection went there in 2004 when I sold up). Its worth a quick nose, though it's not much bigger than a room. The guy that runs it is a collector, not just for star wars - and when he sells its the usual shop prices (overpriced) but you might find something there. The guy is rarely in the place though - so might be better to email him to see if he has anything going. I have his email if you want it.

If you are over in Sept, then its worth popping in there if youre passing through the town or nip in between sight-seeing.

izzyblue

Padawan
Cheers NIck. PM his email etc and I will contact him. You could set up your own museum with the amount of stuff you have now lol......might bring in a bit of income to help pay for it all :D

Jez

Sith Lord
Ghastly creatures!!
Nick that is a fantastic collection, very very nicely displayed.
Best of luck with your grail pieces :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom