Loose figure collections

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I agree a full loose run is the corner stone of most collections and for me by default because I still have all my childhood figures which is about 60% of my loose collection. But now I only really collect MOC's I have thought many times whats the point having all the figures MOC and loose. If the loose run wasn't so much from my childhood I would certainly consider moving it on.

Recently started collecting loose Hoth Rebel Soldiers and really enjoy getting one through the post. :)

Nita Nitro

Jedi Knight
I've never completed my loose run, but it is my aim to eventually do just that. I feel like I never stopped collecting the figures, rather that they just were not on the shelves anymore after the initial run and that was what stopped me buying them. When I got my first job and had some of my own money to spend I found a shop in Glasgow that sold the toys and so I continued on with the collection at that point, probably around 1993/4. As mentioned above, it's still not a complete collection- I'm missing Yak Face, Han in Carbonite and Romba, plus about a gazillion weapons and accessories, but as I don't buy repro and can't bring myself to part with the cash that some accessories are selling for, I guess it may just always be a work in progress, with some of the more reasonably priced weapons and accessories added to it with time. Artoo with pop up lightsaber might just have to stay as Artoo with a hole in his head for a while :D

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Nita Nitro said:
I feel like I never stopped collecting the figures, rather that they just were not on the shelves anymore after the initial run and that was what stopped me buying them. :D

That is exactly how I feel, although I did continue searching second hand shops and car boots into my early teens. By then I had pretty much given up until ebay came along. :D

Darkest_Logic

Jedi Knight
Pomse2001 said:
SublevelStudios said:
When I got back into collecting again over 6 years ago the first thing I did was put together a loose set. Then rarer loose figures lige VCJ's and variants.

Over time my focus has shifted and I've always felt like a loose set is the corner stone of any vintage collection, and without such, it's missing a key element of the whole vintage line.

But is this really true?

I figure most new collectors aim for completing a loose set first but I've found that I'm really not bothered by them any more, I don't collect any Jedi stuff so all the Jedi figures I have hold no real value to me, and I've always felt the last 15 (if you're old skool) are grossly overrated and over-priced.

I've recently decided to let got of pretty much all my loose figures. I have 3 cabinets I use to display my collection and my re-seals are now going to move into my loose set cabinet. Whatever I can't display gets moved on.

So does everyone have a loose collection despite having other focus' or is this the exception to the rule?

Funny I just talked with joseph about that a few hours ago :lol: he do not have a full loose set because there is a few figures that he does not like :lol:

About myself, I would maybe always have a full set, I would fell something was missing, even as I do not like anakin and imperial dignitary so much :lol:

But I would not say there nothing wrong with selling your corner stone, if you do not want it, then there is no reason to keep it. Sell or trade it for items that will make you happy :wink:

Its funny that me and Lars was talking about this not so long ago :lol:.

As Lars said, I don't have a full loose run as there are figures which personally don't appeal to me such as ugnaught, bib fortuna etc.....

I find buying items which I like is better than buying figures that does not interest me as I can use the money to buy variants, moc's etc of figures which interest me and that will make me happier having those items other than ones that I am not interested in.

I think that we all should collect items we like as if the aim was to collect all of the loose figures, everyone's collection would be the same :lol:.

spoons

Grand Master
subzero said:
spoons said:
I just love that off gassing plastic smell when I do open the cabinet door :D

Ooh I have a similar feeling when I open my Detolf cabinet and all I get is a nice waft of that vintage paper and cardboard smell from all the boxes and packaging in there, ****ing love that smell!

nothing like it :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom