Latest Modern Acquisitions

Jediknight3263827

Jedi Master
just got this 48 inch battle buddy, could not resist had to have it and i gotta say i love it :D
the cape could have been better quality but can always sort this myself

Teebo%20And%20Darth_zps0lmybxaj.jpg

:D :D :D

Jeetkunemaul

Padawan
Michael Sith said:
Very rarely pick up modern, but in Manchester, Aflecks Palace today picked up this as Couldnt resist it, have no idea if it was a good buy at £15 but really liked it

url=https://flic.kr/p/LA55YE]
29265255846_05c3dca801.jpg
[/url]image by michael smith, on Flickr

WOW!! That's amazing at that price. You could probably sell that on Ebay and triple your money.
Nice find.

Russ J

Jedi Master
Picked up a few more TFA pieces over the last couple of weeks at very nice prices....

Millenium Falcon...I took advantage of the TRU sale that is on atm...half price at £49.99....

TFA%20PIC%2042_zpspaslav8l.jpg

Y-Wing Scout Bomber...TRU £14.99....

TFA%20PIC%2044_zpsrmgspsz4.jpg

Poe Dameron's X-Wing....£24.99 TRU

TFA%20PIC%2040_zpspftd8ott.jpg

Picked this is from Smyths (its actually a Smyths exclusive)...£18.99

Takodana Encounter...

TFA%20PIC%2043_zpskwyfpiym.jpg

I picked this Stormtrooper up as well...It is a varient of sorts as there is the same Trooper but with a differant accessory (same as Kylo Ren there are two versions of him,the same figure but differant accessory)...Got it from Asda Living and paid a bloody £10 for it :evil: i could have most likely got it from Smyths when their figures were £2.99 but I didn't no about the two versions when I bought my original lot.I only found out about this version a few days before I bought it.I did try various Smyths stores in Leeds and York but they didn't have this figure in stock.....The artwork is slightly differant as well to version one...

TFA%20PIC%2041_zpseivuqakb.jpg

I finally recieved my Admiral Ackbar from the States as well...I just could not find this figure anywhere in the stores so it had to be Ebay for this bad boy...It was pretty cheap as well considering it came from the States...around £19.00 posted all in :D not a bad price considering that previous ones i'd seen go on ebay 'UK' were north of £30..the card and bubble are in excellent condition as well and the seller really packed it bomb proof as well 8) ...

TFA%20PIC%2045_zpsfab2wlew.jpg

I bought this lovely TFA Slave 1 from Izzyblue (I actually bought one from The Entertainer toy shop a few days previous but the box is tatty and one of the corners looks like its been dropped on but I bought it on the off chance I picked up a better on within the 28 days reciept you get)...I were talking to Anthony (Izzyblue) and mentioned i'd got one but not a minter so he asked me if I wanted to buy his one he bought a few weeks ago...the rest is history...Cheers Anthony :D

TFA%20PIC%2046_zps3ohmsa4s.jpg

I still do have the other Slave 1 (tatty box) but it'll be going back to the shop tommorrow for a refund...

I picked up three more Revenge Of The Sith figures off Ebay as well,all in great condition,the cards and bubbles are in good shape as well (a gamble you take when buying anything off Ebay :roll: )....

ROTS%20PIC%209_zpsw6jyeavf.jpg

Russ... :D

TEEBO1979

Padawan
I have never seen Ackbar in the shops. It's a right pain to find, it's was the same for plutt figure. I was lucky and found them in a Toys R Us in Florida on my Summer Hols.

Russ J

Jedi Master
I've only seen the one Plutt figure in shops and that's the one I have...dunno why Hasbro do this it only helps ppl who do manage to find certain hard to get figures sell them at inflated prices on EBay and the like....Hasbro gain nothing from this so why do they release more of a certain figure than others ?....

For example let's say they manufacture one million units of say 'Constable Zuvio' you would think they would manufacture one million units of say Ackbar or Plutt,Tasu,Fifth Brother,the list goes on.....so where are these other hard to find figures cause they ain't in any of the big major toy stores that I've been into and anybody else for that matter....they have got to be somewhere....If Hasbro are purposely releasing certain figures in far lesser numbers I just cannot see what they make out of this financially ? It's not like you can go direct to Hasbro and buy certain hard to find figures either (as far as no anyway) so you have to turn to certain auction sites etc...to find certain figures for your collection which in turn helps the toy flippers out no end

TEEBO1979

Padawan
I have been having a look at the locations of the buyers on eBay of different TFA figures and have come to the conclusion that I think there are more or less the same quantities of figures made but they are not distributed equally around the world. There are figures like Ackbar and Plutt who are like hens teeth in the uk but are easy to find find in the states. Also figures like kilo Ren unmasked and stormtrooper SL who are easy to find in uk but are in demand on mainland Europe.

Just a thought.

TRILOGY COLLECTOR

Jedi Knight
Russ

No star wars figures in Bali --- seen some at Singapore airport but double the UK prices ---- crazy prices

Coming back tomorrow from the hot tropical climate --- hope UK is sunny too :D

poncho

Grand Master
modern is not my bag although i have some lego

however these have slipped in my collection of late

Leia slave vc64 thought i would grab one while there still reasonable. gorgeous sexy cardback :) horrible figure mind . got this from over seas via ebay

P1050644_zps45auysv6.jpg

from home bargains! a mashup figure ive beeen delibrating for a few weeks to buy one. they look cool. noticed the stock was getting lower and lower i got one the other week before they sold out. i got coolest looking one. BOSSK

P1050645_zps6wqxrdbw.jpg

and finally this bootleg i have touched on it in another thread it was only a £1..why the hell not. :lol: it was in one of those discount shops.

P1050601_zpsvounjszc.jpg

Russ J

Jedi Master
The Slave Leia looks cool 8) ....the Masher figure not keen on...seen loads of these everywhere but just can't connect with them....Galaxy Wars snide 'Vader' ... 8) but :lol: in a strange way :lol:

Latest posts

Top Bottom