Latest Modern Acquisitions

grinchy

Sith Lord
50 quid! that's a hell of a good deal, such a great looking ship with cool sound effects, I repainted mine a bit more battle damaged but definitely a highlight of a modern collection its a big bugger!
Heres mine
DSCF5916_zpsnnfvd13p.jpg

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
image_zpsjflb2x7y.jpg

Not really a modern collector but wen to Tesco for a loaf of bread and came back with this... Nearly took my eye out with the spring loaded torpeo's. Dunno what all the fuss about Boba Fetts backpack was? Kids today?

grinchy

Sith Lord
Definitely worth it for a tenner, and yeah watch those spring loaded cannons :D
picked up a few more ships for the collection, not bad for 40 quid for all 3, the arc fighter is missing a couple of guns but i'm sure i'll pick them up from ebay, but not that bothered, still a cool looking ship
vader%20ship%201_zpsk0tdx3nk.jpg

fighter%201_zpspswcat1c.jpg

Jediknight3263827

Jedi Master
nice pickups :) that falcon is a bargain for £50 just checked mine and my Han is missing his gun also.
Love the job you done on your falcon Grinchy looks cool 8)

grinchy

Sith Lord
Cheers mate, it was a fun afternoon project, and he definitely got a great bargain at fifty quid, can't say enough good things about this version of the falcon :D

chiffy

Sith Lord
Well i finally picked up the little bastard ive been after at a decent price for an age it seems, Starkiller Expanded Universe! They usually go for around the £50 mark at buy it now but it was on ebay starting bids at £14.99 and God bless my missus, l fell asleep and she got on my ebay account and won it for me for £24!!! She's defo due a good service sometime soon :lol:
Also got my lad to pick me up the £50 falcon from toys r us and a few MOTU figs arrived aswell to add to my mancave haul. It seems an age since i've put anything up there so i better take the old spit n polish with me to give Jar Jar a dust off!

grinchy

Sith Lord
That's a great haul! glad you got the starkiller figure, I snagged one last year that had damaged packaging for a tenner, but as I open figures as well I didn't mind, good on your missus for getting it for you, :D
Will you open the falcon or keep it boxed? again I open larger stuff seems a shame to keep it locked away

chiffy

Sith Lord
Nah Grinchmeister i never open anything i'll leave that to the kids when i'm long gone but hopefully i'll be around long enuff for them to be too old for toys and make some money out of it instead :D Only got another few moderns to get now, ep 1 fambaa, potj carbon freeze chamber and rots boga but still waiting for the right price as we all are matey :wink:

grinchy

Sith Lord
Yeah I guess its best to keep it all boxed up for value sake, but I like freeing them from there cardboard prisons :D
I'm sure you'll nab all on your wants list eventually, I'd been after the big shuttle for ages before making a cheeky offer on one, and I'm glad to finally have it, but its still good to have more to look for, the thrill of the hunt and all that 8)

Collins1987

Padawan
Glad you got him mate, think he is one of my favourite figures from the EU.
Managed to pick myself up a shadow guard figure for a good price the other day

Shadow.jpg

Would love a falcon but think the misses would kill me if I got one

chiffy

Sith Lord
Yes mate i think some people forget some of the modern figs, especially some of the 3oth aniversary line, are simply awesome! I was lucky enough to get a shadow guard when they came out and some of them from that line are stunning! Youve got revan and malak for starters, hermi odle, voolvif monn, maris brood, juno eclipse, rahm kota! And thats before you start on the troopers and the mcquarries! Sorry gettting carried away but i love chilling in my man cave and looking at them on my wall, been in starcases ever since release and i reckon will become quite rare 1 day! Good stuff Collins lad!

Collins1987

Padawan
Would love a Revan, bit pricey at the minute need to hold out for a decent price, definitely love all the troopers though. Currently focusing on the revenge cards from the vintage collection have 9 of 14, just picked up the slave leia a few weeks back for £9. However 2 of them are the mouse droid and salacious crumb so doubt I will find them anywhere.

grinchy

Sith Lord
nice score! I agree some of the modern line just look great, I am hoping to pick up some of the vintage revenge line, but prices are a bit high at the moment
Got this in today, another line I just love with the clamshell packaging, I don't have many of this line, 3 I think, but they do display great
DSC05949%202_zpsnaxwcfs4.jpg

Collins1987

Padawan
I did want to collect them but limited space means I have to be choosey, I have half of the vintage Saga Collection and they look good. Love the bossk in the series. That Fett is awesome. Wish they made them clamshells to buy separately so much nicer than the star cases on offer

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
I'm so happy.

I'm also so dead.

image.jpeg

Went into a comic store in Orlando. Had a load of overpriced modern stuff. It also had this MISB Legacy Falcon.

As for getting it back home. According to
My wife it gets my plane seat and I'm swimming. Fair deal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom