Latest Modern Acquisitions

grinchy

Sith Lord
cool trooper figure, i have it loose but it looks great on the cardback
Picked up the elite speeder bike and constable zuvio from a tesco store today, the bike was twenty quid, and comes with a black trooper figure, which i think is good value for money as the figures alone are 10
I just need the resistance fighter to complete the first wave now, which i'll pick up next week
DSCF5745_zpsyfmdpbhl.jpg

grinchy

Sith Lord
Thanks to naughty jedi for this, the three pack with the bb8 droid in, also picked up the 12 inch kylo ren figure, just liked the look of it
bb8_zps9otaevzn.jpg

Bought another double cabinet and the whole collection is off upstairs into my daughters old room, i'll post pics when its all done in the collection thread

chiffy

Sith Lord
Some great Force Awakens pick up lads! Love that bike and trooper pack, saw it in Tescos but couldnt bring myself to part with £20 for it.
Got another of my personel modern grails today.................£27 posted off a chap on facebook!!! To say im happy is an understatement. Only need StarKiller now if anyones got a spare...... :roll:

Richard_H

Grand Master
Had a bit of a modern spurge recently:

picked up all of the 3.75" except Vader and Finn from TFA
Got the Jakks Pacific 18" Fett and Stormtrooper for £15 each (Argos and Smyths)
Got the Sabine and Stormtrooper (why also a stormtrooper in a 2 pack?) in Rebels and the Zeb and Chopper two pack in TFA packaging

grinchy

Sith Lord
Great pickup chiffy don't have her in the collection, i'm sure i'll get her eventually, good luck on the hunt for starkiller
Sounds like a good haul Richard, i have the vader and trooper in the jakks range, they are cool

Richard_H

Grand Master
Maximum payout was £25 but I got these in Jakks:

31" - Vader, 501st Trooper, Cody and Shock Trooper
18" - Fett, Tie Fighter Pilot, Stormie, Biker Scout.

Can you see a theme?

Probably won't get the humans characters. May get a Greedo. We'll see.

As toys they are crap. But as statues I like them.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Got me some right bargains.Firstly, this little lot for £25 shipped on Ebay:

always wanted the silver figures so picked them up.

Then my best bargain for a long time...a long time...

Firstly, Kleatkly from here sold me this THX Ben when I sent him a best offer. He was kind enough to accept my offer, especially as we are both members here. Then, 2 mins later the very rare euro THX Leaflet Obi Wan turned up for a buy now of £15!!!!!!!!! YEAH BABY!!!! SCORE!!!! For those who don't know this is probably the rarest euro THX of the lot and can command £100 up usually!!

ebay 1 (480x640).jpg

Great times!!!

Attachments

• SAM_4112 (640x480).jpg
    SAM_4112 (640x480).jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 384

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Good to see so much new (and fantastic) pick ups in this section
Chiffy you're having a great run with long term (20 years!) wants and the Bastila Shan looks the business, one of my fav EU on vintage collection cards.
Richard man you are going for it big time, are you opeing your 3.75 figures or keeping them carded? Love the Chopper Zeb 2 pack.
Lee great haul, definitely right place right time :D
Grinchy some more great Episode 7 items, really like the vehicle/figure packs that Tesco have and chuffed you got the BB8 pack, superd addition to your droid collection.

Few new things myself -

The walker is great, daughter loves it, superb play value, it's solid, doesn't fall over sure it's going to be a favourite with young kids - I certainly would have loved it back in the day. The included figure with black pauldron is a cracker as well, as grinchy says great value when you consider the figures are going for a tenner by themselves.

WP_20150917_002_zpsjyyj8xdi.jpg

WP_20150921_017_zpspjl7gtmp.jpg

Got a call from a lovely woman in Asda and 10 minutes later I had one of their SW displays in my man cave, looks bloody great loaded up with our Episode 7 toys

WP_20150916_003_zpsdj4yfma5.jpg

Saved the best for last though, this arrived in the post today.......... A grinchy original
I cannot tell you how absolutely over the moon delighted we are, one of our favourite characters hand made by one of this forums most talented (and nicest) members.

He is amazing, captures everything about Yoda perfectly, my mob pictures don't do him justice. Grinchy mate you are a top bloke and we cannot thank you enough. Pride of place in my collection buddy.

WP_20150921_012_zpsurnl2nyq.jpg

grinchy

Sith Lord
Great pickups lee, and a bargain price to, not familar with the thx leaflet figures was it a big or small run?
And colin nice scores mate, that walker looks the biz, and that store display looks ace! very jealous, just wow, :D and as for yoda its great that you like him, looks great on display

chiffy

Sith Lord
grinchy said:
Great pickups lee, and a bargain price to, not familar with the thx leaflet figures was it a big or small run?
And colin nice scores mate, that walker looks the biz, and that store display looks ace! very jealous, just wow, :D and as for yoda its great that you like him, looks great on display

:lol: Anyone else have to read that twice thinkin' it said " it's great that you look like him " :lol: or just me then ha Colin, that store display is the dogs mate i'm gonna ask the customer service biatch if i can have theirs after use or pop a cap in her ass!

PS Leeroy i want that THX Leaflet Ben! And have you got the silver vader with the sabre sticking out the top of bubble? Only 1 i need and i darent buy it off ebay because i know itll snap in half en route :x

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
A few modern bits I picked up recently:

5x cardbacks, not sure where these are from but none have been used...possibly promo items. Also managed to find a Boba Fett from the Disney Infinity 3.0 range for my Fett focus

IMG_20150923_1232192_zpsid7ro3bq.jpg

IMG_20150923_1232382_zpspwyax8gz.jpg

IMG_20150923_1232592_zps4xkqqbkz.jpg

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Rob, I think those are "proof" (more likely unused) cardbacks from the Vintage Collection. I bought about 8 from a US dealer and overpaid for them (about $10 a piece) not knowing they had been give-aways at one of the SDCCs and probably another few shows. Very, very cool, though and I like them. Will have to dig them out and see which ones I got and post them up here. No idea how many are available in total but they would make a very cool set for display.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Pretty sure I have a Darth Vader one as was at SDCC that year, will look around (my house is a mess :) )

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Here are the modern Revenge of the Jedi, ESB and ROTS proofs I picked up a few months back along with a couple of very special test pieces of the unproduced Rebel Technician. Got to thank Dave Tree for those because a) he made me aware they even existed and b) he put me in touch with the man who acquired them from Hasbro.

RevProofs1.jpg

RevProofs2.jpg

RevProofs3.jpg

RevProofs4.jpg

The unproduced Rebel Technician. I bought two as I thought I would have been daft to turn down a 2nd one to trade with. If anyone pre-production stuff they'd like to trade I'm all ears!

Rebel Techs.jpg

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Nothing up here yet, I'm really liking the look of the 3.75 Black Series figures. The black and red box is the business. Good chance I'll be spending far too much money on them when the finally hit the shelves :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom