Heads up FAKE warning

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
ace said:
and take a good look guys its a large head han

j

Hi,
Just to confirm the large head Han is in the real one? I only ask as I was looking for a Woolworths pack for my Han Solo focus and I'm sure I was told it wasn't a known figure at the time (some time back I admit), so gave up looking!
Thanks
Steve

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
edd_jedi said:
chipsteak said:
On a related note, are all those 49p stickered Mini Riigs, etc. from WH Smith then? There are so many of them, I assumed they were from the factory.

Toy Toni has bandolier straps and mini rigs with these stickers, so I assume they must be factory applied.

I am more than confident that these label's were applied by Palitoy but still yet to confirm it.

ace

Jedi Knight
i saw in the 90s a sheet of these stickers that was owned by a son of a Palitoy implyee and he said his mum brought them home for him as he collected this stuff , she only worked there at the end of the star wars day so i beleave this was printed at Palitoy

Frunkstar

Grand Master
I was made aware of these just before the weekend & was going to post a warning up myself soon as I got back, but been away for several days, yes 100 woolworths that stocked these hence the nick name woolies 8 packs.

One thing to note is the one shown in the OP which is supposed to be real is also a fake, from what I know to date woolworths 8 packs were never heat sealed, I could be wrong, but I have spoken with several collectors about it as well as the grading company & not one person who bought them back in the day ever remembers seeing any that have been heat sealed.

There are apparently 2 different bag sizes as well & also single & double taped versions, personal I can only 100% vouch for the larger of the 2 bag sizes with a single tape seal, so there "could be" others out there in question as remember billy boy faked these.

I have 2 sealed ones which are genuine, both are large with single seal, I also have 4 empty bags , all being the same large size with clear residue of a singe seal.

Very worrying

i will post a few more thoughts later when I have the time guys

Hothrebel

Jedi Master
Frunkstar said:
One thing to note is the one shown in the OP which is supposed to be real is also a fake, from what I know to date woolworths 8 packs were never heat sealed, I could be wrong, but I have spoken with several collectors about it as well as the grading company & not one person who bought them back in the day ever remembers seeing any that have been heat sealed.

I have seen a few over the years but never seen any that were heat sealed.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
These are the kind of thing that IMO are virtually impossible to authenticate. I wouldn't be comfortable buying one. A plastic bag and sticker is about the easiest thing in the world to fake, and there aren't enough known genuine examples to use for comparison.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Great info on this thread, I remember getting one of these as a kid. Would really like one in the future, but certainly worrying reading through this thread.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Frunkstar said:

Hope the OP can change that on his first post, as some people may find this thread in the future and important not to spread misinformation.

Also would be good to hear who is the dealer that was offering these? Not as a witchhunt but I think we'd all like to hear that the guy has removed them from circulation after being informed they're fakes.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
This is all v interesting :!: I actually went down there on the Sat with the intention to buy both tape sealed bags on behalf of a good collector friend. I was instructed to buy only if each Baggie was sealed with two pieces of tape. What with all this thank God each bag was sealed with one piece which stopped me buying :!:

Another thing that made me v cautious was the fact most of his stuff was graded-horrendously overpriced I might add and some of the only items not graded were the 8 pack baggies and a Toy Toni Jedi carded Fett-priced at over £900 :lol: I got talking with the stall owner Jay Turner of "Rebel Planet" and he showed me the heat sealed 8 pack Baggie. He was pissed of because UKG wouldn't touch it and he reckons Jason Joiner authenticated it on the Fri morn as the last version done of the 8 pack :?
As I say am glad I didn't purchase anything from this guy :!: :!:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
Hope the OP can change that on his first post, as some people may find this thread in the future and important not to spread misinformation.

Also would be good to hear who is the dealer that was offering these? Not as a witchhunt but I think we'd all like to hear that the guy has removed them from circulation after being informed they're fakes.

I know the guy selling the heat sealed ones is Jay Turner (vintage trader) goes by the trade name Rebel Planet & has been selling lots of other questionable items like a fake LL bib, I know he also had other packs, not sure if they were these as I was told rather than seeing them first hand.

Apparently tries the aggressive sales pitch as well - sod that!!

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
palitoyjunky said:
This is all v interesting :!: I actually went down there on the Sat with the intention to buy both tape sealed bags on behalf of a good collector friend. I was instructed to buy only if each Baggie was sealed with two pieces of tape. What with all this thank God each bag was sealed with one piece which stopped me buying :!:

Another thing that made me v cautious was the fact most of his stuff was graded-horrendously overpriced I might add and some of the only items not graded were the 8 pack baggies and a Toy Toni Jedi carded Fett-priced at over £900 :lol: I got talking with the stall owner Jay Turner of "Rebel Planet" and he showed me the heat sealed 8 pack Baggie. He was pissed of because UKG wouldn't touch it and he reckons Jason Joiner authenticated it on the Fri morn as the last version done of the 8 pack :?
As I say am glad I didn't purchase anything from this guy :!: :!:

Sounds like you dodged a bullet. Especially if the dealer already knew the 8 pack had been refused by UKG... and was asking for nearly a grand on a Toy Toni! Not good.

ace

Jedi Knight
OK I have had a few people come to me now TELLING me what is real and what is not , the interesting thing is they all had something to game from what they were saying as they were either selling one of these things ? or they had some one of these things or they owned one of these things , so they all had a vested interest in what they had being right or wanting to make what they have sold in the past be correct .

I on the other hand am not selling , i am not buying , and i own several of them that i bought back at the time fro 99p so i have nothing to gain and nothing to try to get to go my way , whats real is just that real whats fake is just that fake and i do plan to give a statement of my findings.

i do nto plan to do this alone i am going to ask Jason Smith Mr Palitoy to also look at my 99p bags and the images i have gathered and also the facts that i know from the time and others around from that time like Craig Stevens and Gary Harvey and fellow collectors to see what they might have and what they remember , i am have some inside knolage on this also so we will get to the bottom of it and we will be able to here the facts and the truth will come out , anyone that has one of these or knows anything they are most welcome to message me and send me though photos of these 99p bags and together we will get the facts correct.

if anyone can tell me where they bought there ones from also in the end we will get to where and who made these and that is very interesting indeed for everyone and collectors alike

thanks everyone

jason

[email protected]

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Richard_H said:
Jason, I highly recommend working with Frank (Frunkstar), IMO nobody knows more about non-US baggies than Frank.

I know exactly what issues there are with this new wave of fake woolies 8 packs as well at whats what with the previous Billy Boy ones, I personally would rather not see the info getting out to the general public as it will only aid the fakers in perfecting them.

But what I will say is that the glossy finish ones are 100% fake as are the heat sealed examples, I.E all those shown on the OP page 1

theguiltyone

Sith Lord
ace said:
OK I have had a few people come to me now TELLING me what is real and what is not...

Seems to me only you like to do the telling Jason.

ace said:
i do nto plan to do this alone i am going to ask Jason Smith Mr Palitoy to also look at my 99p bags...

Eh! Two Jasons dont make a right.

marc

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
:lol: :lol:

So Jason Joiner did u actually authenticate the heat sealed 8pack Baggie for Jay Turner :?: :?: :?:

ace

Jedi Knight
no i have avoided saying anything until i have investigated it further , i plan to show my findings soon.

j

ace

Jedi Knight
theguiltyone said:
ace said:
OK I have had a few people come to me now TELLING me what is real and what is not...

Seems to me only you like to do the telling Jason.

ace said:
i do nto plan to do this alone i am going to ask Jason Smith Mr Palitoy to also look at my 99p bags...

Eh! Two Jasons dont make a right.

marc

Marc are you joking and making a funny mate ?

Toy monkey

Youngling
I always appreciate any info like this as i thought id built up a nice collection of moc figures a few years back before i found out most of them were toni's. luckily i have got rid of most of them now but would hate to be got like that again. keep up the good work guys! beat the cheats!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom