Frosting

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Hey guys.

I'm looking at a MOC on the bay which has frosting on the head and arm. I've read on here that sunlight solves this problem. Is it as simple as leaving the figure out in sunlight for a few hours?? Also will this solve it permanently or is it likely to come back??

Cheers

Chris

Joe

Grand Master
Here you go:

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5780

Joe

Grand Master
No probs - I only did it once but it didn't return for me, unfortunately no before and after pics but even if it takes it away for a few months and returns you can just try it again :)

Only problem with defrosting figures in England is : No sun :lol:

FLETCH

Padawan
i gave this a go on saturday as it was the first sunny day we have had for a while and it works my bwing pilot was quite bad its unbelievable it started to go after about 15 minutes but there was a lot of moisture in the bubble so i left it 2 hours and it all went i dont know if it will come back only time will tell
BEFORE
DSCF2606.jpg

AFTER 2 HOURS
IMG_1272.jpg

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Fletch that's amazing, totally gone. Think I might try my luck if I can get it cheap enough. How much does frosting like that affect the price of a MOC?

Too true Joe, think Fletch was lucky with the sun this last weekend!!
:)

FLETCH

Padawan
i dont know how frosting affects the price when i bought this i didnt relise it had frosting on the figure i only paid £20 for it anyway and the card and bubble are in really nice condition im really please with how he turned out

FLETCH

Padawan
im new to moc so i wasnt sure if that was a good price but its a really nice card
when i put out in the sun i had it in the star case at first but when i checked on it after 15 minutes there was moisture building up in the star case and bubble so i took it out and just left it without anything covering it it hasnt faded i did put a weight on the card in case of any wind

lee gray

Sith Lord
A few years back I had a trilogo afa graded imp dig that had frosting on 1 leg and it was a really warm bright and sunny day and I just stuck him right next to the window for an hour and when I checked all the frosting had gone, up until that point I didnt think it would work inside an acrylic case. Also wonder why more people dont get rid of frosting before selling as could make more money.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
The frosting will never come back. Been doing this for the last 15 or so years with frosted ones....it has never returned...maybe in another 15 years....but I will just sunbathe them again.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
I think the heat basically melts it away. The sun is best. I would not try to cook or microwave it. :p

It will take away any Kenner frosting that I have seen.

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
TFB i could kiss you, I read this and took an outright gamble on a grail of mine that has some serious frosting issues! I will get him and await a sunny day before posting further pics :)

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
TFB I collect Star wars stuff need i say more :lol:
I do believe the magic ingredient in this process is heat reading up on the other boards and this one it would seem sunbathing these works through glass and acrylic cases and these should significantly reduce the ammount of UV that hits the item so i have a method i would like to try out.

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
Morning Gents, I can safely say that heat alone makes absolutely no difference to frosting! the pics the closest i could find to a melted SW figure :)

Attachments

• SW.jpg
    SW.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 430
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom