Winters coming.....and my figures are frosting.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Seems to be the same figures that frost all the time.

My figures that always frost are:

Orginal Han Solo
Orginal Han Solo (Small Head)
Snaggletooth
B-Wing Pilot

Is this down to the plastic and if so is the plastic for these figures different to others?

Always seem to be the figures limbs.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
It could be just the change in humidity and temperature, unsure as to what causes it, I think it could be outgassing of the plastic. Mine have never frosted and any I have purchased that were frosted Mr. Sunshine took care of them and it never returned.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Maulster79 said:
These are all loose. I'm just wondering if its always the same figures it happens to.

I have only seen it on one loose and it was a B-Wing Pilot. I put the figure in some soap and hot water in the kitchen and after 1 hour I took it up of the water and it was gone. After more than 5 years it has not come back, maybe I was just lucky :?

But I also have a B-Wing Pilot MOC with frosting :cry:

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Well people say use sunshine, but I live in Wales, so thats never going to happen so i have used wet wipes as a test. So far so good.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Maulster79 said:
Well people say use sunshine, but I live in Wales, so thats never going to happen so i have used wet wipes as a test. So far so good.

I live in Wales 2, & I managed to snag the sun long enough to de frost a Fett I have, but hear what your saying :lol:

I have had a b-wing pilot with frosting & let a carded han pass as it had bad frosting, so it may well be a few that get it, sadly I have no idea why it would be just "some" figures

itfciain

Grand Master
here you go - have a quick look at this thread

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1061878/

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Maulster79 said:

Great to read it helped to use wet wipes :wink:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Ben Kenobi seems to be the most commonly frosted figure along with Han Solo, I've had a few carded ones with frosting. As said even UK sun for an hour is enough to get rid of all but the toughest.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom