Forum Playset of the Year 2023 - Final

Forum Playset of the Year 2023 - Final

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Welcome to Forum Playset of the Year 2023

Jabba The Hutt Action Playset, the winner from 2020 and 2022. Can it win a 3rd time :unsure:

Death Star from Palitoy has not won since 2019. Can it do it again ? :unsure:

Choose 1 playset from the list

The 1 with most votes will be the winner of 2023.

Voting Closes in 3 days

Let the Vote Begin

Death Star from Palitoy.jpg

Jabba The Hutt Action Playset.jpg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Are these two really the best 2 playsets, well SWFUK say that they are so they must be.🤔
Difficult choice for me as I don't really care for either, but the Death Star is an iconic collectable, so for that reason gets my vote.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank @Pomse2001 for his time and efforts again in laying this on for us to enjoy and to wish everyone here season greetings and a Happy New Year.
🎄🎄🎄🍻🍻🍻🍾🍾🍾

Dad of Luke

Padawan
Death Star for me (although I actually think the young me would have got much more playability out of the Kenner Death Star than the Palitoy one). It was all over for me by the time ROTJ appeared, I was firmly a SW and ESB era child, and had moved on by the time of ROTJ.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Are these two really the best 2 playsets, well SWFUK say that they are so they must be.🤔
Difficult choice for me as I don't really care for either, but the Death Star is an iconic collectable, so for that reason gets my vote.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank @Pomse2001 for his time and efforts again in laying this on for us to enjoy and to wish everyone here season greetings and a Happy New Year.
🎄🎄🎄🍻🍻🍻🍾🍾🍾
Thanks mate for the very kind words and support. I wish you a merry christmas 🎅

sith-smith

Grand Master
Tough choice.

My first ever Star Wars Christmas, back in the late 70's gave me the Death Star and my last ever Star Wars Christmas gave me the Jabba playset. So I do have fond memories of both.

I think overall though, the DS wins it for me, for memories and the amount of play value it gave. :cool:

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
Never had the Death Star but would love one, if only I could display it. For me it's Jabbas as most of my original childhood figure were rotj line. I'm going with Jabbas but a hard choice for the final

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
It's definitely the Palitoy Death Star for me, not just because I genuinely do think it's the best Star Wars playset, but also because of the many, many happy childhood memories it brought me. I would play with that thing all the time and never got bored :)

Also, much like Nick, I too would like to sincerely thank the brilliant @Pomse2001 for his tireless, uncomplaining hard work. It can't be easy running these polls every year, but he never lets us down, and speaking personally, they bring me a lot of pleasure. So thank you, Lars, and to you and everyone else on the forum, have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Jeremy

Pomse2001

Grand Master
It's definitely the Palitoy Death Star for me, not just because I genuinely do think it's the best Star Wars playset, but also because of the many, many happy childhood memories it brought me. I would play with that thing all the time and never got bored :)

Also, much like Nick, I too would like to sincerely thank the brilliant @Pomse2001 for his tireless, uncomplaining hard work. It can't be easy running these polls every year, but he never lets us down, and speaking personally, they bring me a lot of pleasure. So thank you, Lars, and to you and everyone else on the forum, have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Jeremy
Thank you jeremy for the very kind words and for your support with all your votes (y) I also wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy new year 🎅

Pomse2001

Grand Master
This vote was not easy for me, I had hoped for a new winner :ROFLMAO: But I still think this 2 playset are fantastic, I guess it is why they are in the final again. In 2020 Jabba won against the palitoy Death Star and the Ewok Village in the final. There was 3 playset in that final that year. I have no idea about who will win this year 2023. But my vote goes to jabba since it was the only playset I had when I was a kid in the 80s, I had a lot of fun with it :)

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Palitoy Death Star! Easy one for me, as this is my favourite piece in the whole action figure line. A wonderfully designed, executed and enormously playable toy.

jayjedi

Sith Lord
I went for the Palitoy Death Star, not only is it cool, it was a Palitoy version far superior to the Kenner version. Plus Jason Stokes, my childhood Star Wars friend had one and I had to make do with a decorated card board box!! But I could blow mine up ( with my feet) and build the next version :ROFLMAO:

supergoose

Padawan
Supporter
Well this wasn't easy. Changed my mind about 6 times ! Ultimately went for the Pali Death Star as it's "Playset" of the year and this really is the ultimate playset with so much play value. Love it, but I do love the Jabba set too !

Thanks for organising this @Pomse2001 great fun mate.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas and new year and hopefully everyone gets a bit of SW goodness from Santa 😁

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Well this wasn't easy. Changed my mind about 6 times ! Ultimately went for the Pali Death Star as it's "Playset" of the year and this really is the ultimate playset with so much play value. Love it, but I do love the Jabba set too !

Thanks for organising this @Pomse2001 great fun mate.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas and new year and hopefully everyone gets a bit of SW goodness from Santa 😁
Thanks mate for the support with all your votes and all the kind words and a merry christmas for you 🧑‍🎄

Pomse2001

Grand Master
There are still time to vote, the poll will end Tomorrow. 26 members have voted and it is still close. Who will win ? :unsure:

Jabba for the 3rd time or palitoy death star for the 2nd time :unsure:

It is the mighty jabba against the the mighty death star 😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom