Figure Storage?

digktialx

Youngling
Thanks for all the kind words.  We really want to get the word out because we really think collectors don't have a lot of options.

x-pack - Yes, these will fit taller figs and were designed to do that. In fact one of our unlocks will feature die cut creature trays for vintage figures that will allow for storage of Jabba the Hutt, Probot Droid, Wampa, Max Rebo etc…

Without going into all the specifics of our specially selected foam, it is very high quality foam that is meant for long term use and to care for your figures. For those of you with extremely sensitive figs (I'm looking at you Poncho Leia!!) you always have the option to use an acid free bag which works great with our trays.

beginner - Yoda loves his chicks and cars, but we all knew that right?

theforceuk - Lol, we hope Kickstarter can get things going on a grass roots level at this point.

JuniorChubb - We think the war hammer cases are great…for that application…but we really needed a new type of product for our beloved Action Figures.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or comments.

-dx

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
Welcome to the swfuk

I like the product but

<Peter Jones face on>

$27k...... Please explain how you reached that. Surely a smaller amount where you could make enough to get these out to certain people at shows and let collectors sample them. Have they been roadtested? How do they stand up to variant temperatures? Do mice like them? What happens to the foam after 5, 10 years?

You have also come here with your idea and all your pledge goals state USA and Canada only for the rewards, not really something I want to invest in if that's the case. So, for now, I like the idea, but I'm out.

</Peter Jones face on>

Nice concept though, sorry to be harsh, but the 27k bugs me a little.

brownbear29

Padawan
I have to agree with Pete - surely you'd start small & steady, road-testing one or a couple of base products? Or is that not possible with kickstarter - do you have to have multiple offerings? (honest question, don't know how it works)

Assuming some level of guarantee on non-degradation, I'd be very interested at the right price and with availability in the UK. If I'm reading the offerings right, $55 for a 48 figure foam box & trays - that's not bad actually.

Iain - pull your finger out! :wink:

digktialx

Youngling
naughtyjedi - The 27k goal well the way Kickstarter works you need to set a goal and quantity to make a small profit for yourself and 27k was our minimum point. If we don't get 27k of pledges the project doesn't go anywhere. This also factors in the 10% that Kickstarter takes plus the vendors for the foam, boxes, shipping, and the design work. If we sold these individually without doing Kickstarter there would be no chance of a quantity discount from vendors since we're not going to buy 4k-5k units and sit on them until they sell.

We've only set US and Canada to start. We were concerned that S/H to the UK may not be cost effective but we're willing to add that if there is enough interest.

The mouse problem. Well mice will eat nearly anything if they think there is food or something they want to get at for their nest. This video probably explains better why we cant guarantee anything on that front. ;)

Warning not for the squeamish!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD24v-ExKyA

brownbear29 - We are already in the process of testing materials to select for the foam and box. Rest assured that the foam will be of high quality and will be tested accordingly before any product reaches the customer. Kickstarter is basically a site to fund your project so testing materials and such will be part of that process.

-dx

digktialx

Youngling
Due to some arm twisting (or was it a Jedi Mind trick?) we've decided to add Worldwide Shipping on most of our pledge options. If that was holding you back before please take another look!

Thank you,

-dx

digktialx

Youngling
I understand folks are still skeptical. Why not check out our special new pledge offer on Kickstarter? It'll allow you to get just a taste of what we're offering without the full platter or dessert! Check out the attached image for more.

-dx

Attachments

• AFF-Still-Skeptical-12-Dollar-Tray-Small.jpg
    AFF-Still-Skeptical-12-Dollar-Tray-Small.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 692

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
I admire your chutzpah, but with 6 days to go and still needing another $26,291 of your $27,000 target maybe a new approach is needed. The raise figure is just too high and I would never bother thinking that my pledge will make much of an impression.

Don't give up though, I think its got some legs.

digktialx

Youngling
naughtyjedi said:
I admire your chutzpah, but with 6 days to go and still needing another $26,291 of your $27,000 target maybe a new approach is needed. The raise figure is just too high and I would never bother thinking that my pledge will make much of an impression.

Don't give up though, I think its got some legs.

We did make an error in not going with more outreach prior to starting the Kickstarter project but we're committed to getting this done one way or another. If you guys have other channels you would recommend to help get word out please let me know. Don't fear there are more videos and pictures coming of our next batch of sample trays. I'll leave these sample shots from the video shoots as a teaser of whats to come. These can actually work very well as displays not only storage. Please stay tuned!

Every dollar = a vote and every vote counts!

Thank you,

-dx

TG-AFF-Tray-Pictures-2-Small.jpg

TG-AFF-Tray-Pictures-1-Small.jpg

digktialx

Youngling
Hey all, we've just released a new video showing some of our collection and our trays in action. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc6vb7q8PLs

Feel free to spread the word about our Action Figure Trays.
Protect, Store, Organize, and Display - For the Love of Your Action Figures!

Thank you,

-dx (Jason)

digktialx

Youngling
Hey all, I thought i would show my current displays as I love the vintage 12. I figured why not do them up along with the modern 12 to display them side by side.

These guys are so iconic and gets me passionate about star wars every time I look at them.

b6eUO29l.jpg

pdvE4WPl.jpg

-dx

digktialx

Youngling
Hey guys, we've relaunched our Action Figure Archival Trays Kickstarter campaign. What in the world is that? Well, these trays have been specifically designed to act as a universal display and storage systems for a multitude of action figure lines we all know and love. If this is something that tickles your fancy please come take a look. The Kickstarter link is here: kck.st/1NnClDz , otherwise you can check out our website at http://www.toy-gear.com

Meanwhile I'll just drop some eye candy here ;)

Kickstarter
zTWiKWBl.jpg

GI JOE
IJ20Jsem.jpg

Star Wars Vintage
SzmPSnVm.jpg

-dx

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Oh ****, this guy is back?

Fellow SW FUK'ers, if you guys have ANY interest in the sales tactics being presented by this guy, please refer to his attempt at hawking these cases on RS.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1117399/

Myself and a couple of other guys disputed many of the claims he presented, he was never able to convince anyone of his claims, and eventually stopped even replying to us after some time. You'll also notice that while he has been posting intermittedly on this thread, he gave up on RS, not posting there since March.

Buyer beware.

Ian

digktialx

Youngling
Ian. My partner Rupe will be showing production samples of our trays at ToyCon this Sunday, in Burlington, which is right near you. Why don't you come out to the show and take a look at what we have, and do a proper meet and greet?

http://www.toycon.ca

Best,
Jason

Ian_C

Jedi Master
In all honesty, I'd love to Jason. Burlington is maybe 1/2 hour from me. At the Holiday Inn, where most Burlington shows are held? Unfortunately, we do have plans tomorrow, and I won't be able to make it.

Not to get too much into it on this board, but I have no issues with your cases themselves. I just think there are unvalidated claims made about them, and some of the methods you used to promote them over existing cases were stretches of the truth, at a minimum, and when it comes to being financially feasible compared to vintage cases, downright incorrect (especially when you look at the cost to obtain trays with enough storage to equal a vintage case. And I wasn't the only one to challenge those claims at RS. ;)

Anyway, the previous discussion has been linked to, if anyone wants to read up on how the debate went down before. I have nothing new to add to it, and so will likely not respond in here again.

Ian

digktialx

Youngling
Hi Ian. Fair enough. I will certainly admit to being a bit over zealous last time out, but with regards to all other points, I think we can just agree to disagree, and leave it at that. The offer of course still stands to come out and meet us at any and all future shows we do in the GTA. :)

Best,
Jason.

megoman

Padawan
Am I the only who thinks they are just plain ugly.I just feel they need jazzing up a bit to suit a star wars collection
:?

digktialx

Youngling
You mean like a cardboard logo that you can print out yourself and stick on with some velcro...so we don't get sued...

Like this?

:shock:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-07 at 7.14.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-07 at 7.14.55 PM.png
    133.7 KB · Views: 699

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
questions

for display, do they sag with weight over time?

is there a high risk of topple if i fill the top row with gamorean guards and the bottom row jawas.

are there plans to create something that could enable multiples to be stacked together, or maybe wall fixtures.. with individual clear covers to keep the dust out (could gw acrylic provide these) when displaying

glad to see a more achievable target

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom