Farthest From VIII Spring 2015

JimboUK1979

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Guys, I'm a Farthest From virgin and really like the sound of this event, is there somewhere i can find out a few more details about the event so I could plan coming down (would be coming from the Midlands) cheers J

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
JimboUK1979 said:
Guys, I'm a Farthest From virgin and really like the sound of this event, is there somewhere i can find out a few more details about the event so I could plan coming down (would be coming from the Midlands) cheers J

Start here.

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21634&start=225

Details and photos of the others are in the events section. You could also put farthest from into Facebook and you will find the page.

x-pack

Grand Master
Augustus John booked. Website says full and prices from £80 which is rubbish. B&B booked for £50 :)

It has just occurred to me that Mr Tree hasn't 100% confirmed this has he? :?

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
x-pack said:

Very good point, don't think he realised just how much everyone wants to learn about bend ems, think looking at the turn out it will be this weekend now, otherwise he's going to have a lot of people hanging about in his shop that Sunday.

x-pack

Grand Master
Boba Skinner said:
x-pack said:

Very good point, don't think he realised just how much everyone wants to learn about bend ems, think looking at the turn out it will be this weekend now, otherwise he's going to have a lot of people hanging about in his shop that Sunday.

I'm not driving 250 miles just to look at Dave's My Little Pony collection :lol:

David Tree

Jedi Master
Boba Skinner said:
Very good point, don't think he realised just how much everyone wants to learn about bend ems.

Oh I realize alright, it's just taken others so long to notice :)

x-pack said:
I'm not driving 250 miles just to look at Dave's My Little Pony collection :lol:

some people have - genuinely, but that was to view some original airbrush packaging artwork.

However the record for greatest distance traveled to come to the shop - to my knowledge - is Pedro Gallego from Madrid, travelling by combination of train, Eurostar and bus to here. He is a G.I. Joe collector who wanted to meet and interview me.

It is fascinating how different collector communities react though :)

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
David Tree said:
Boba Skinner said:
Very good point, don't think he realised just how much everyone wants to learn about bend ems.

Oh I realize alright, it's just taken others so long to notice :)

x-pack said:

some people have - genuinely, but that was to view some original airbrush packaging artwork.

However the record for greatest distance traveled to come to the shop - to my knowledge - is Pedro Gallego from Madrid, travelling by combination of train, Eurostar and bus to here. He is a G.I. Joe collector who wanted to meet and interview me.

It is fascinating how different collector communities react though :)

I have a pack of bendems. Can we do a show and tell after your talk?

:)

Jason

David Tree

Jedi Master
Speaking of Bend Ems, here is the official call out for presentation submissions.

Each show we have had an awesome insight into different areas of collecting, some general, some focused, some niche and others personal.
It really does not matter what the subject is, as long as it is Star Wars related within the original trilogy release (unless otherwise stated, ie. Collecting During The 90's).

We have two already lined up for the next show,

The Missing Link, Bend Em's - the forgotten vanguard of modern collecting.
Focus Collecting Luke X-Wing.

So if you feel like giving Richard and Grant a break and stepping up to the plate, go for it. Many of you have amazing collections, interests, memories and experiences, so give folks a chance to share that with you :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom