Another VC Jawa Palitoy found

Joe

Grand Master
Nick_IoW said:
It's made it to the daily mail now - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2399178/Rare-Jawa-Star-Wars-toy-mere-12-000-auction.html

Could be bad news for the price - and with having to fork out an extra 20% on top to Vectis, its going to be a crazy final price, but I am hoping everyone forgets about it in the next 2 months :p

Oh bloody hell, going overboard now aren't they?

plantman

Sith Lord
they will spread the word as much as they can for 20% lol

once a couple more surface the price will drop a bit, its all excitement bubbling over because people now need one to complete their own collection

itfciain

Grand Master
Got to love the comment from 'Dave, Gosport'

Anyone who pays £12k for this is a moron - end of.

- Dave , Gosport, United Kingdom, 21/8/2013 21:56

Daily Mail readers have to be some of the thickest, xenophobic, homophobic, ignorant racist idiots out there (apologies to any Daily Mail readers!)

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
itfciain said:
Got to love the comment from 'Dave, Gosport'

Anyone who pays £12k for this is a moron - end of.

- Dave , Gosport, United Kingdom, 21/8/2013 21:56

Daily Mail readers have to be some of the thickest, xenophobic, homophobic, ignorant racist idiots out there (apologies to any Daily Mail readers!)

As much as I hate the Daily Hate and it's readers, I have also commented on this article as well as the one from the Northern Echo.

:)

Jason

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
And I've replied to "Dave" from Gosport comment.

(both comments awaiting moderation and publication currently)

Jason

chazb73

Sith Lord
Its on yahoo news thread also

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/rare-star-wars-action-figure-expected-mint-213900544.html

well if we hoped to come across one at a fleamarket or the like this publicity will end that dream :roll: :evil:

sith-smith

Grand Master
plantman said:
they will spread the word as much as they can for 20% lol

once a couple more surface the price will drop a bit, its all excitement bubbling over because people now need one to complete their own collection

I would imagine that the price may well drop but only if enough come up for sale. That was the only way the price of a reasonably similar figure...the Large Head Han...dropped.

There were only two now there are 6 or so. when the people who owned them started selling them they all sold for a similar price of around £5k (That may not seem a lot now but back in the early 2000's that really was a lot). But once the new owners started selling the price started to drop, because the thought that one would never come up for sale again became less powerful as so many sales had occurred, even though in reality it was the same few pieces.

Unless the ones hidden away start to come up for sale, I don't think the fact that there a now 4+ out there will have a huge effect.

Perhaps the biggest effect on price is novelty value. The first one had bucket loads of novelty. Own it a be the owner of the 'only' verified Jawa. This second one doesn't have that and in fact neither does the first anymore. Whether that will influence price is anyone's guess.

As for people needing one to complete their collection, well no, they don't. I have a set of Palitoy 12 backs. They are complete as I wanted a set of Palitoy 12 backs. That's the same for anyone who collects Palitoy 12 backs. No one ever said that collections were incomplete because they didn't have a LHH!

If were are arguing in terms of perhaps debut sets, or figure variation sets, then it would be something people need to complete that, possibly along with other cards.

plantman

Sith Lord
the vinyl cape jawa is a far more iconic figure than the LHH though, loose the han sells for peanuts, VC jawas sell for hundreds i think more collectors would see this as a totally different figure (althought it isnt, it is just a variation) if it were me i would want one to feel complete...but thats just me i suppose.

i certaily wouldnt be paying 12k for it though :)

sith-smith

Grand Master
Maulster79 said:
He has 2 LHH!? :shock:

OMG.....

and he hasn't even got a Palitoy VC Jawa.....oh dear....... :lol:

I had 2. Sold one on.

Have been offered a VC Palitoy Jawa several times. But for me the price is too high for something I'm not desperate to own and I feel that a lot of the price is currently being driven by the iconic status of this figure.

As a Palitoy collector I'd love one but certainly not to make my collection complete and there are countless other Palitoy figures out there I'd much rather have. This would look great in a Nick's collection and certainly I have no intention of bidding against him on it.

I accept it is more iconic than the LHH, but my post was not about iconography, just about numbers and changing value. The VC status in general will make it's value higher, which I would never argue against, but the same factors that altered the value of the LHH can still effect the value of the Jawa...just at a higher price level. As to whether it will, is anyone's guess

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Nick_IoW said:
It's made it to the daily mail now - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2399178/Rare-Jawa-Star-Wars-toy-mere-12-000-auction.html

Could be bad news for the price - and with having to fork out an extra 20% on top to Vectis, its going to be a crazy final price, but I am hoping everyone forgets about it in the next 2 months :p

Never mind the price, every loon with a smashed up jar-jar is gonna be trying to sell 'vintage' stuff for thousands now :roll:

Not sure why people are saying the price would be so high - if the other was graded, and probably got a better grade than this one would get, then surely the value tops out below the £11k or so the first got? Or is the speculation that the £11k one went for more (to limit paypal fees perhaps?)

mumbo

Sith Lord
jedisearcher said:
Nick_IoW said:

Never mind the price, every loon with a smashed up jar-jar is gonna be trying to sell 'vintage' stuff for thousands now :roll:

Not sure why people are saying the price would be so high - if the other was graded, and probably got a better grade than this one would get, then surely the value tops out below the £11k or so the first got? Or is the speculation that the £11k one went for more (to limit paypal fees perhaps?)

Cue the influx of one post wonders peddling their modern tat, which is already at an all time high :roll:

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Just realised that the £11k was an auction - thought it was a BIN (and why I thought it might've actually gone higher).

So MrPalitoy reckons it went for less than £11k? But my point is still the same, surely this one goes for less?

There, all makes sense now :D

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
jedisearcher said:
Just realised that the £11k was an auction - thought it was a BIN (and why I thought it might've actually gone higher).

So MrPalitoy reckons it went for less than £11k? But my point is still the same, surely this one goes for less?

There, all makes sense now :D

No, more than £11k.

Jason

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
JuniorChubb said:
I have replied to Dave too, still waiting for my comment to be approved... :wink:

Still waiting for my 2 to go up, and they were both printable, so maybe they are just being slow.

Or maybe we're letting the readership down?

Should have said something like, immigrant workers are stealing our vinyl cape jawas and giving us all cancer.

Jason

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom