imperial blasters.... quick quiz :)

gustie

Sith Lord
need help here,

i bought a trilogo walrusman recently which came with a not so nice grey repro blaster... i complained and got this one sent instead...

It its very dark blue and not painted, the thing is ive looked at it compared to my other 9 originals and it looks completely different. the molding is super sharp unlike the others and the domed detailing on the barrel is really flat compared to the others.

B is original for sure but what do you think of A?? real or repro?
imperialblasterscomp.jpg

ive seen 2 molds so far and this would make 3

cheers in advance

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
The horizontal 'p' below the end of the barrel usually differentiates between real and repro on these but the suspect one has it. It does look almost too sharp to be real and might be a modern good quality attempt at a repro. Having said that didn't the later figures have better moulded weapons? Could it be from a Luke Stormtrooper for example?

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
gustie i had same blaster ,i know what you mean it looks vintage but just to sharp .had the same thing with han /luke x wing blasters.sooner or later they are gonna be repros that are perfect.so just buy all your figs on battered cards :wink:

spoons

Grand Master
It looks fine Gustie, as Darth says the later blasters were much better made :)

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
It looks a little too clean cut for my liking but it's probably okay although if you buy from certain sellers you have to be prepared to take risks. :wink:

gustie

Sith Lord
ok cheers guys

the line on the side is what made me think it was repro maybe

if u guys say its ok the its ok

:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom