Your happiest memory of this Forum?

indianawars

Sith Lord
Hey guys,

I've been browsings the forum, and I'm a little bit sad :cry: This once-thriving cornerstone of the Star Wars universe is so quiet? I once struggled to keep up-to-date with the latest news and topics. I was thinking back to all the happy memories on this forum over the many years and would be lovely if we can share some of our favourite moments this forum has provided us.

The Frank Beech Toy Shop is my fondest memory of this forum - everybody was so excited.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
indianawars said:
Hey guys,

I've been browsings the forum, and I'm a little bit sad :cry: This once-thriving cornerstone of the Star Wars universe is so quiet? I once struggled to keep up-to-date with the latest news and topics. I was thinking back to all the happy memories on this forum over the many years and would be lovely if we can share some of our favourite moments this forum has provided us.

The Frank Beech Toy Shop is my fondest memory of this forum - everybody was so excited.

Hi mate sorry your feeling a little bit sad. Mine is all the support and compliments people have said and shared on the car boot post I started. Great to see what people find in the wild and the stories behind them.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Times change and that's the way of life, but for me the welcoming attitude of members of this forum, the willingness of forum members not to judge and to assist where they can, the wealth of knowledge on here and the willingness to support a fellow member or a newbie alike is refreshing and makes this forum stand out, when compared with Facebook etc, for being non judgemental and just all round collector oriented.
Yes we have lost some members over the past that have been a breath of fresh air, but again those members have gone for their reasons and may at some time come back.

For me this forum is a safe place, again that is non judgemental and helpful for newbies and seasoned collectors alike, that's the draw for me... the normality, comradery and general feeling of the forum.
Great place and a little oasis in my opinion.

bTW way mate...good to see you posting pal, your one of the good guys I refer to that don't post as much but are still around.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Totally agree with Mike on this one, it's a safe haven and a place to share a passion. I'm on the forum every day without fail and couldn't be without it.

Collecting wouldn't be the same without sharing my new purchases with you all and also the advice and knowledge of my fellow members.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
StarWarsFan said:
indianawars said:
Hey guys,

Hi mate sorry your feeling a little bit sad. Mine is all the support and compliments people have said and shared on the car boot post I started. Great to see what people find in the wild and the stories behind them.

One of my favourite threads Steve 😉

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Michael Sith said:
Times change and that's the way of life, but for me the welcoming attitude of members of this forum, the willingness of forum members not to judge and to assist where they can, the wealth of knowledge on here and the willingness to support a fellow member or a newbie alike is refreshing and makes this forum stand out, when compared with Facebook etc, for being non judgemental and just all round collector oriented.
Yes we have lost some members over the past that have been a breath of fresh air, but again those members have gone for their reasons and may at some time come back.

For me this forum is a safe place, again that is non judgemental and helpful for newbies and seasoned collectors alike, that's the draw for me... the normality, comradery and general feeling of the forum.

bTW way mate...good to see you posting pal, your one of the good guys I refer to that don't post as much but are still around.

Totally agree mate.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Ruby2511 said:
StarWarsFan said:
indianawars said:
Hey guys,

One of my favourite threads Steve 😉

Cheers Russ, one of my favourite posters on there :D

indianawars

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:

Thanks, Mike. I promise, I'm going to be around more often. I was taken slightly back how quiet things had become. I guess I've been neglectful by not checking in more often. I remember Iain's legendary sale threads. What happen to those?

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Dive back in bud, it's only as quiet as you make it...make a noise :lol:

Iain went across the pond and set up shop in the US...and yes his FS threads were legendary and are sadly missed ( come on Iain for old times sake,)

Any new additions to your collections mate? Update your collection thread if you have any further additions

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Love this place. Agree with everything that's been said so far. Have made some great friends on here! Unfortunately, most people seem to spend their time on FB these days. It's easy to get those FB blinkers on- it's so busy and 'instant', with so many groups, catering for all sorts of strands of collecting.

However, all of that is here too. There is a wealth of searchable knowledge on here that you just don't get on FB. It's a way nicer place to spend your time in here. I went back on FB for all of 5 mins the other day, after having a break. There were so many irritating, pointless posts, I left pretty much immediately. Haven't got time for it! As Mike says, we can make this place more noisy! ;)

One of my fav memories is those incredible sales posts by Iain. It was so gutting to get there late, when most of it had already gone. Iain did say a while back he was going to do another one...

lejackal

Grand Master
Nice to see you posting Damien!

I always enjoyed Secret Santa, from participating to running it for three years. I was hugely disappointed that no one wanted to step up and take over for this year when I decided to step down. Sign of the times I guess....

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Good to see you back, and it's always nice to hear memories of the forum. It's not quite dead yet, thankfully there's a core of members keeping it going which I'm very thankful for. I've always tried to avoid pushing it too hard myself as I find it obvious when that is going on elsewhere, if the conversation isn't natural/organic you can spot it a mile way! I think Facebook groups have maintained a lot of their momentum using these 'manufactured' content methods like COTW etc, but I've never felt the need to do it here. Long may it continue :)

It's very hard for me to think of a single favourite moment, but this is definitely right up there, when a group of members clubbed together to help me pick up a few pieces I needed for my collection, plus some unique artwork. Still got all of it :)

https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30554&p=408632p408632

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I love the forum I wish I had more time for it :D

There is so many great memories from the forum.

Some of them are Lain's sales thread, making toy of the week, making the Vintage Figure COO Reference Guide Index and Photo Guides with jeff, trading and chatting with snaggletooth, June, Søren, chazb73, mumbo and his brother (sorry to see this guys is not on the forum anymore :( But there is always other members to chat with and trade with :D

All the fun I had with so many nice guys and all the help I always got from members :D

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
For SW enthusiasts that are of a certain age this place is great, not rushed, yes ( a safe place), for genuine vintage SW fun and facts and other vintage stuff too what more could you want , nearly all of the content is genuine and "fun when the odd strange post turns up". Think the older members can remember them :D
I was a lurker for many years before I signed up and got more involved because i didn't think that many would be interested in my small collection and childhood stories :)
I hope that it can stay a welcome place where fellow collectors can share stories and help each other out. Sorry Edd i know my sub is over due but it will be with you soon , think this place is well worth a £5 and thanks for your and mods continued running of the forum.

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Whilst I haven't been here as long as some of you, the welcoming nature and attitude I have seen time and time again from members of all levels of experience has got to be the best I have come across. The level of information, based on years of in depth research happily shared with one another isn't matched by any other, does not even register let alone come close to it. I'm sure ill have some memories in time to come but for now, its refreshing to find a home that I can learn from, share and interact with others. Got to be the only place that just isnt full of cockwombles having a pissing contest.... :lol:

Subbed the forum too, If I can support the forum in any shape or form Ill do so. I think I have encouraged a few of you into modern stuff and, I wont apologise for it. :lol:

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
just catching up this morning on some of the threads on the forum.

I agree the forum has changed massively, the rise of Facebook has seen to that, but there are still regular faces new and old on here that make a huge effort. A forum is only as good as it's users, and I think many of the old faces have moved on, some of the knowledge has disappeared with this which to me is such a shame. As a result I sometimes find some of the threads have lost that richness of topic, but also if you search you'll probably find all topics covered in the past so perhaps these old users have seen and said it all before.

Facebook is too accessible and easy to use over a forum, although I can pinpoint many many reasons why forums will always be better than social media that is here today but lost tomorrow. This forum has a wealth of old threads which are at your finger tips to learn from. Sales have moved to facebook too, quicker sales and wider market, it's all just far easier on there and sadly the forum takes the hit for that reason.

I always vow each year to try and use the forum more, it's just a time thing for me, but I will endeavor to use it more again in 2021. But pulling others back in would be great.

I learnt so much from this forum, acquired some fantastic pieces in my collection, started a podcast from here with people I'd never met who've become some of my closest mates, not a day goes by without speaking with Grant_C or Jez or ScruffyLookingNH and many others. Would be great to see this forum reignited and that goes down to us to make that happen. edd_jedi has done such a fantastic job with this place and it still feels like home, still check it few times a week just need to interact more.

Oh and Toy Toni breaking on here, what a thread that is!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom