Votes: 24 72.7%
  • Return of the Jedi

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • I'm a retard, I prefer one of the prequels

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters

Joe

Grand Master
I do now but as a kid he had funny little teeth an was quite short, I also watched Gremlins around the same so that might be where the fear came in :lol:

plantman

Sith Lord
would be Jedi for the jabba scenes, HATE the ewok part though.

love Hoth but hated Yoda as above

so got to be the first outing for me :)

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Same here, as good as esb is, it didn't make the same impact as seeing star wars at the cinema for the first time.

Have a fond spot for rotj too obviously, as it features dead ewoks. That scene where the ewok grabs his frriend's
arm after the explosion blew them both off their feet, only to discover his friend is dead, and it starts making
a whiney moany noise cracks me up every time.

:lol:

Jason

Imperial nut

Sith Lord
great thread,

it explains a lot about the price/desirabilty of esb stuff.

the reason why if find esb the best is that the first film, although a classic, ESB just widened the whole universe for me, like in NH it sometimes seemed like the empire was only a handfull of baddies, but the batttle of hoth scene kinda put em in the roman empire/german blitzkrieg kinda frame and i felt hey there is more to this than a pretty princess and some dumb farmer kid weilding his hydro sapnner.

but apart from the feeling of ohhhhh the empire is big and powerfull was the fact it had a battle in it and bobba fett, etc etc, it made it all feel real and added to the illousion of another world (whereas the prequel took from that adding a cheapness or falseness to the story)

i loved ROTJ but the ewoks for me as a kid just reminded me of fraggle rock, i could almost smell jim henson influence there, or at least the creature shop influence. (make it more popular to kids =more cash)

but one of the best things in esb is the at-ats then probably han's line just before carbon freezing, leia; i love you,,,,, Han; i know,

legend it has got my face slapped many times, :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh and the family guy tribute "something something darkside" has a great take on it.

steve

iDrew

Padawan
Jedi for me

It was the first film I remember going to the cinema to see - my Dad was pissed off though, he had to take my sister to see Ghostbuster whilst my Mum & I went to see Jedi :mrgreen:

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
ESB for me. Just how the story unfolds and builds on from SW,yes like most of you guys I skip the dagobah stuff but the first half hour on Hoth is amazing,even 30 yers on it's still cool.

ESB is not just my fave Star Wars film but probably one of my fave films of all time.Even my MOC collection is shifting towards more ESB cards,mind you Palitoy ESB's are tough to find

Actually I'm off today gonna get up and have me Frosties and watch ESB,minus the Dagobah stuff obviously.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
mr_palitoy said:
Have a fond spot for rotj too obviously, as it features dead ewoks. That scene where the ewok grabs his frriend's
arm after the explosion blew them both off their feet, only to discover his friend is dead, and it starts making

:lol: 8)

Liking the logic!

plantman

Sith Lord
I just wish the ewoks were never bloody in it, its on par with the ending of Stephen Kings IT (one of my favourite films of all time)

I wont spoil the ending if you aint seen it lol

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
weasel said:
mr_palitoy said:

:lol: 8)

Liking the logic!

dead-ewok.gif

Look, you can watch it die over and over again!

Jason

Joe

Grand Master
That part makes me quite sad :( Can I take back my vote and go for ROTJ now lol :lol:

e30318is

Sith Lord
weasel said:
Poor!?

He's lucky Han wasn't about............you know what he liked to do to Ewoks! :?

Spit my tea out reading that!

Empire Strikes Back all the way.... What can I say, I love the Hoth story. Great. Might go what it now actually!
Ed

Dub

Padawan
What is it with you lot and Ewoks ?? Its almost like kicking a puppy :evil:
Anyway, ESB for me everytime. Hoth, Cloud City, AT-AT's, Boba Fett ....etc.
ROTJ comes second, Leia slave did wonders for my 11 year old imagination, not so good for my bedsheets :oops:

sith-smith

Grand Master
I think overall for me it's jedi

Jabba, the final space battle...especially the super star destroyer crashing into the Deatstar, luke and vader's battle, heck I can even cope with the ewoks.

The story is quite moving too. Yoda Dying, luke and ben, then chatting with leia. Vader saving him and then dying and the 3 old jedis at the end (maybe not the dying ewok judging by all the ewok haters on here)

But there are things that are special about each.

I like the old fashionedness of Star Wars and the fact that it kicked the whole thing off.

ESB was always my least favourite once the hoth battle was over. But now I appreciate it more for the way it develops the story well especially as the middle of three.

Latest posts

Top Bottom