What's out there still to be discovered?

TrisCompany

Jedi Knight
Season's greetings everybody.

I was reading Joe' great article from Trilogo info and saw that there had been some new Trilogo variants discovered this year.

I was wondering if anybody had any views on any items / variations that they believe are out there but still not verified or discovered yet?

x-pack

Grand Master
Not sure on the undiscovered items front but I would guess there's a ton of ex employee stuff out there.

As for lovely vintage finds I came across one today at a house I've been working at. Saw an atat and had a sneaky peek inside to be met with a load of mint loose figure. I asked about it to be told there was a load more in the attic all from her kids back in the day.

...naturally I left my number ;-)

wrighty

Sith Lord
It is still possible there are sealed boxes of overstock items in warehouses and collections in attics. I hope there is a box of Clipper 12 Backs out there (dreaming.......) :lol:

lejackal

Grand Master
There are still tons of childhood figures out there but as for all new discoveries who knows? Maybe they'll be never before seen plans or prototypes for the next wave of POTF figures

maxf

Jedi Master
Well, without meaning to sound morbid - 40 years has now passed since the first film came out, so anybody who bought toys and put them away as an adult will be at least 60 years old now, so retirement looms and maybe a house downsize - which means the loft gets cleared. There will be new finds of old stuff for sure!

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
Of course there are new finds of stuff that's been hidden away in lofts, attics, and basements for years. But that's often just duplicates of other items that have been known for years - standard production MOCs, loose figures, etc.

But it does still amaze me in a hobby that is over 40 years old with a finite pool of items produced that there have been more than a handful of new discoveries just within the past couple years or so. The ones that come to mind immediately admittedly involve me on two of them - this is just the stuff that I am aware of. but you have:

(1) My white footer Han 12 back. First one known to have been found. Came directly from the niece of ex-Kenner salesman employee.

(2) Darrel Johnson's rocket Fett with EP box, baggy, and two rockets. First time the entire package so close to production has been found.

(3) Matt George's clear translucent DT Ben

(4) the Meccano baggy figures with the red stickers

(5) this one doesn't really count as it was already known by it's former owner, Simon Cardwell, but the only small head Han on 12/32 back

I am sure there is way more than this to the list, but these are the ones that come immediately to mind. And there is still way more stuff out there to be found. I just know it!!!!

maxf

Jedi Master
There was the Palitoy 41 back Tusken Raider cardback earlier this year - never seen before.

I live in hope of a 41bk Dengar cardback surfacing.

MarkG

Jedi Master
Nice article gone up on the SWCA regarding unproduced Ewoks.... some sculpts that have never been seen before !!

http://blog.theswca.com/2016/12/unknown-ewoks.html

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
There most be still lots of items out there , almost a billion figures were made so there must be more miscards , errors , cardbacks that never had known figures seen on them !!!

Good luck finding them in 2017 !!

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Am sure there is loads still out there. People clearing out the loft finding boxes of old figures. Old shops with old stock it keeps going on I guess.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
This?

Star_Wars_-_Leicester_Square.jpg

Sadly I suspect this is long gone, and probably buried in the Palitoy Pit!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom