Votes: 40 81.6%
  • No, my collection is complete

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • No, I'm starting to sell it off

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters

poncho

Grand Master
Dont buy anymore I have everything I could possibly want vintage wise I keep my eyes out for obscure stuff vintage related but I rarely pick it up. I pickup the odd thing I find out In the 'wild' if its cheap! It would be rude not too. I would never sell up I know I would regret it and I know I couldnt afford to buy it back at todays modern prices.

These days I buy bits and Bob's from other 80s toy lines for nostalgic kicks and giggles and make youtube videos about them when I have time

Frunkstar

Grand Master
The same here Frank, years ago I bought nearly star wars several times every month. Now It is only a couple of times every year. Prices are to high and my main focus danish price stickers on boxes and cardback does not come up for sale every month. My variant focus has nearly gone to zero because when I find some childhood lots or things with danish stickers then they cost so much that there is not money for also variants. Sometimes I get lucky to find new variants in lots, that helps a little bit. The crazy prices does not make it always so funny anymore.

But it gives me time to look more at what I have and maybe see if I have some spare parts or extra figures that I can sell or trade for new stuff for the collection. Years ago I did trades every month on the forum. Now I can't remember what year I last made a trade on the forum or with anyone else.

But there is always hope frank.

It's tough out there init, not much of anything within budget & saying that even with full pockets (I wish) stuff just is not coming to light TBH, patience has always been the biggest ally in the game, but the patience level required now is daunting, I have been trying to finish up 2 multi packs I have, one is a 4 pack & I am 1 away from completing it, it's been like that for 4+ years now, the other is a 15 pack & I am down to 6 needed, but it's pure hell, I got offered 1 of those 6 a few months back, the asking price was almost as much as I could have bought a complete graded example for (the complete mailer with 15 baggies) a few years ago 1k++ on a single baggie is an insanity I am not able to justify (or condone)

Frunkstar

Grand Master
I did answer that I was selling, but the more I look at the collections on display in some of the threads I may have been hasty since a nudge back to the forum. Although I need to rehome some items it's made me reconsider keeping a few more than intended and displaying them in a more interesting manner.

atta boy! keep it all, no replacing it these days after it's gone unless you win the bloody lottery, rekindle the love !!

sith-smith

Grand Master
I also think that what we regard as 'stupid prices' changes.

It's scary to think but highly possible that the prices of today will be looked back on with fond memory some distant time in the future when even a worn out Klaatu with no accessories, massive paint loss and no head goes for £100+ :oops: :rolleyes::unsure:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
It's tough out there init, not much of anything within budget & saying that even with full pockets (I wish) stuff just is not coming to light TBH, patience has always been the biggest ally in the game, but the patience level required now is daunting, I have been trying to finish up 2 multi packs I have, one is a 4 pack & I am 1 away from completing it, it's been like that for 4+ years now, the other is a 15 pack & I am down to 6 needed, but it's pure hell, I got offered 1 of those 6 a few months back, the asking price was almost as much as I could have bought a complete graded example for (the complete mailer with 15 baggies) a few years ago 1k++ on a single baggie is an insanity I am not able to justify (or condone)
This is so sad Frank, I really hope you find them and that you do not have to pay crazy money for it. Yes patience is something we need in this game and the more years there goes the more we need it, because it gets harder and harder to get what we want. I really want to complete my danish star wars fan club magazine collection. I have completed the easy one years ago the club from cophenhagen in denmark. But about 10 years ago I learned about another club from denmark, a friend had them and gave them for free to me this was the first time I learned about them. for maybe 10 years now I have been looking for them and only found some of them in the hands of 2 other friends but they would not sell, which I totally understand. Later one of them sold his to another guy, I do not know who. So I am still hunting and I think I miss about 10 magazines. I have never seen a complete collection of them. So I do not know how many there are. But I think maybe 13 or 14 and I have 3 or 4, it has been years since I have had them out so I do not remember how many I have.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I also think that what we regard as 'stupid prices' changes.

It's scary to think but highly possible that the prices of today will be looked back on with fond memory some distant time in the future when even a worn out Klaatu with no accessories, massive paint loss and no head goes for £100+ :oops: :rolleyes::unsure:
I am only glad that I have enough Klaatu but that could be the future. Only Anakin does not go up in price 😂

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Prices are a funny one, some things never seem to change, eg boxed vehicles. They cost about the same in the mid 90s as they do now. Same for some of the lower end loose figures, they still cost £10 or less. Then other things have gone up tenfold.

Bollux

Grand Master
Hi all, it's been years since I've been on here. I stopped collecting around 12 years ago, just before my first child was born, happy to have a loose vehicle and figure collection.

Very tempted with the retro Indy figures though.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Prices are a funny one, some things never seem to change, eg boxed vehicles. They cost about the same in the mid 90s as they do now. Same for some of the lower end loose figures, they still cost £10 or less. Then other things have gone up tenfold.
Yeah, it's a funny one, especially with the vehicles. With certain loose figures, it's definitely the scarcity of the weapons that has fueled the increases- e.g. B-Wing Pilot AT-ST Driver etc used to be in the same price bracket as Jabba's goons, but they're world's apart now, apart from with Nikto, dor obvious reasons.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Hi all, it's been years since I've been on here. I stopped collecting around 12 years ago, just before my first child was born, happy to have a loose vehicle and figure collection.

Nice to have you back! Liking the look of those Indy figures myself...

sith-smith

Grand Master

Great seeing you on here again.

I never thought I'd be tempted by modern figure but with Vintage stuff hard/expensive to find and started looking at the retro mandalorian figures

Bollux

Grand Master
I was completely disinterested in any of the retro line but maybe it could be fun the hunt them down as cheaply as possible, just for the fun of the chase again.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
You're right there! I had to buy a sealed Hasbro Collectors 4 pack because it cost half the price of buying the figures loose :oops:

sith-smith

Grand Master
I have known this in the past to happen with Vintage. When i was putting together a droids and ewok run, I wanted both MOC and loose but at that time...early 2000's there wasn't much if anything in it!

Pomse2001

Grand Master

Great to see you here again on the forum. I hope we will see you more on the forum (y) Great to read you still have star wars ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom