What music does everybody listen to?

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
Just curious what music everybody listens to.
I like a wiiiiiiiiide range of music. I used to be a happy hardcore dj so i still listen to oldskool hardcore and drum n bass. I have a few chart cd,s in the car 'for the missis' :oops:
And i am now listening to carter usm and pwei again. I had forgotten how good early 90's music was.
I allso like a bit of rap ,oasis , nirvana and rage against the machine

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Mine also varies, anything from Ozzy Ozbourne to James Blunt!! :oops:

I prefer songs I can understand the words to and have some meaning.

wozza35

Jedi Knight
Im afraid im still locked in the late eighties early nineties and still listen to all my old house and rave tunes from then and get flashbacks of standing in muddy fields in the middle of nowhere :D also used to be a bit of a scooterboy so still listen to specials ,king kurt etc,but as im a bit of a smoker i still like floyd and zepplin and chill out stuff like leftfield and massive attack
so looking at that list i seem to like lots of stuff :?

Bollux

Grand Master
I like heaps of stuff, I love music.

"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture" - Elvis Costello

Bands I like:

Incubus
Jason Mraz
Metallica
Manic Street Preachers
Tool
A Perfect Circle
Leftfield
Massive Attack
Portishead
Alice In Chains
Bloc Party
Nine Inch Nails
Pearl Jam
DJ Shadow
Red Hot Chili Peppers
John Frusciante

scroggs

Padawan
Im really into 70's and 80's soul, but my d.j.ing at the minute is almost all r'n'b, especially dancehall, bashment and ragga, but to be honest i like most music except for the new rock and indie thats coming out, give me some maiden and charlatans anyday :p

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
as with a few of you, i'm an early 90's throwback too :lol:
rave music, nirvana, blur, everything else from back then. even chart music was good. 8)

cocofstar

Sith Lord
In the early 90's I was into Death Metal and Punk and had hair down to my ass and piercings all over my face :shock: The joys of youth :wink:

Later on in the 90's I got into Jungle and then Hard Step Drum N Bass was listening to DJ Hype, Mickey Finn, DJ Zinc etc and loads of Dark Stuff. Did a bit of DJing and then started to lose interest. Still have a huge collection of Vinyl if anyone is interested in some cheaps records :wink:

After that I got back into Metal again and have been like that ever since. I do listen to a lot of other stuff as well but my favs at the moment have to be:-

A Perfect Circle
Slayer
Flaw
Flogging Molly
Hatebreed
Dragon Force
Lord Gore
Slipknot
Tool
Shawdows Fall
BlackLabel Society
Bleeding through
Etc, etc, etc....

Also love stuff like:-

Stone Roses
Joni Mtchell
The Smiths
Bob Dylan
Led Zeppelin
Jimi Hendrix
The Pixies
Deus
Pink Floyd
Etc, etc, etc.....

jayjedi

Sith Lord
also a ninties throwback, nirvana are great just no new songs.... radiohead, arctic monkies, killers, kasabian , are favourites at the moment

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
Guitar based seams to do it for me. Oasis, U2, Killers, Snow Patrol and Razorlight.
Got into live music in the last couple of years.
Saw U2 in Dublin June 2005 :D Awesome!!
Have got Snow Patrol and Tenacious D to come later this year :D

Dom

Jedi Master
My music tastes are all over the place. Just been listening to Roni Size at work, dean martin while cooking and now I have the Stones on.

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
Quite a mix really. Mainly 80's and early 90's stadium rock. AC/DC, Aerosmith and so on. Also good older stuff like the Rolling Stones and newer stuff like the Manic Street Preachers.

mash

Sith Lord
Love the 90's music Charlatans, stone roses, happy mondays, oasis, blur ash, Nirvana are gods in my eyes,
I also like Foo fighters, green day, system of a down, incubus, metallica, zeppelin, Guns and roses, queen etc etc

Fave at the moment is Muse

mash

spoons

Grand Master
a 90s kid too

was a bit of a shoe-gazer in my time but then I fell for lo-fi indie rock -can't beat sonic youth, pavement and sebadoh.

The pixies have to be up there too 8) 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom