Star Wars comes to Aardman!

Palifan

Sith Lord
Hi all,

Just wanted to mention that there was an announcement early this week that Aardman Animations will be contributing an episode to Visions series two on Disney+, on May 4th.

As I've worked for Aardman on and off (way more on than off though), over the last 30 years, this was known in the studio last year as the secret project, K2, and they managed to keep it from the company employees, other than the small group that worked on it. I've been very lucky recently at Aardman to have been an Animation supervisor on both the short film Robin Robin, and then the supervisor on Chicken Run 2 (both for Netflix), but I must admit that this was the one project I would have loved to have been part of. It really would have been full circle for me with first noticing, and then learning about stop motion, when I first saw the Tauntaun running across the snowy plains at the start of Empire in 1980. Both this masterpiece in stop motion and of course the AT-AT's really gave me the stop motion bug at a very young age, and to have ended up work on a SW project would have ticked off a bucket list level dream of mine.

A lass it wasn't meant to be, but I'm still really looking forward to seeing what my talented colleges created and although I've no idea what it even looks like, I know it's not going to be Wallace & Gromit :)

Ian

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Saw that Aardman were involved and was hoping you would be too. Nevermind, mate- maybe something in the future? Exciting times for the studio though!

Palifan

Sith Lord
Thanks guys and I can't really complain as I've had a great time on CR2 these past few years but it's just bloody typical :LOL:

Can't wait to see it though and maybe one day I'll get my chance.

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom