Were all figures distributed in the same quantities ?

lee gray

Sith Lord
For instance when star wars 12 backs came out were the figures produced in the same quantities or were there more stormtroopers made than leia for example and same with jefi cards. Were the same amount of vaders from the original still produced in the same quantities on jedi cards as the new figures even though more people would have already owned him ?

sith-smith

Grand Master
Now I'm sure Jim Stevenson told me they weren't.

They were packaged and sent out from the distribution centres irrespective of what ones a particular shop was running low on

itfciain

Grand Master
I imagine that there weren't as many Leia's released because she wasn't as popular as some of the others - there must be records somewhere of production runs for each figure

theslider

Sith Lord
I remember seeing a packaging case (possibly on eBay, possibly somewhere else) which just stated an assortment of figures, so I think it was random pot luck what each store got. I'm pretty sure other members have stated in the past that they never saw X figure or Y figure.

What would be interesting to note is the numbers of figures Palitoy received from the manufacturing plants. Would the ultimate parent company have kept the records?

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
My local store never knew what they were getting in - all I knew was that they got their deliveries on a Thursday - so i'd be straight there after school to see what they had! Was all very exciting :)

Although some weeks they received nothing - so i'd sulk for about 3 days!

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Maulster79 said:
All we can confirm for sure is that every shop got a Klattu.

Funnily enough, at the end of the ROTJ run Klaatu was really hard to get hold of. We never had it in the toy shop.

I know nothing about production numbers but distribution wise the boxes were 80% or so ROTJ, and a random ish sample of older figures. Unlike the other toy shop mentioned we never knew what was coming in, or when. Drove all the kids nuts :D

Black Falcon

Padawan
Right back to 12-back days, there were boxes of single characters that would be in high damand.
Vader and Yoda carded.
Also boxes of figures in baggies, such as Luke Jedi and C-3PO Removable Limbs

- Graham

Mrleemur

Jedi Knight
Irony!!

When my parents took me and my brother to get our first figures, all thevshop ad was Vader and Yoda, we didn't want either!!

Can well imagine i wanted a luke farm boy and my brother han.

No idea what the first ones i got were!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom