Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship stickers in the cockpit ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
after 20 years or more, I noticed that the sticker in the cockpit are not a part of the sticker sheet :oops: I have never had a Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship from my childhood so I do not know how it looked like
from new. The strange thing after I checked all the stickers on the 2 Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship that I have. One have more stickers in the cockpit than the other one. Any idea how many stickers there should be in the cockpit ? and why the factory put 1 or more in the cockpit and all the others are on a sheet ? :unsure:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Here are some pictures, of the cockpit of the 2 slave I, I have. The big sticker on both ships are not from the sticker sheet. So was it put on, on the factory ? and why ? :unsure:

What about the 2 smaller stickers on one of the ships, they also don't look like they came from the sticker sheet. Are they also put on, on the factory or are they stickers from another vehicle ? and if they are from another vehicle, any idea which vehicle they come from ? :unsure:

20240313_183246.jpg

20240313_183253.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Here are a used sticker sheet, as you guys maybe can see the 3 stickers on the first picture does not come from this sheet and the sticker on the last picture does also not come from this sheet. But the big sticker in the cockpit on both vehicles can also be seen on the on the picture of slave I on all slave I boxes, very strange :unsure:

20240312_144856.jpg

kabuchi7

Padawan
Supporter
Aren't those stickers from one of the mini rigs?

/Edit perhaps not i was thinking of the VME mini rig.🤔

/edit x2 Ah they're from the Laser Canon mini rig, right?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
any idea what the story are about the sticker with the red circle around it on the picture ? was it put on all vehicles from kenner and palitoy ? and why ? since it is not from the slave I sticker sheet ?

20240313_183246.jpg

kabuchi7

Padawan
Supporter
At a guess the stickers applied by the factory are often used for parts of the toy that need to be precisely aligned or require a more permanent application.

So taking into account the size of the sticker around a curved area of the plastic toy it may have required stronger glue applied in the factory than what is found on a sticker sheet to stop it curling up and peeling away. 🤔

Pomse2001

Grand Master
At a guess the stickers applied by the factory are often used for parts of the toy that need to be precisely aligned or require a more permanent application.

So taking into account the size of the sticker around a curved area of the plastic toy it may have required stronger glue applied in the factory than what is found on a sticker sheet to stop it curling up and peeling away. 🤔

Maybe but on the back on the top of the slave I there are a huge sticker that is much larger than this one and that sticker are also on a curved area and that sticker are on the sheet so kids need to place it on the vehicle :unsure: maybe it is because it is behind the glass :unsure:

supergoose

Padawan
Supporter
I agree..... I'm definitely thinking the cockpit glass is the reason. Yes, we all know it's easy enough to take out and put back but as a toy I don't belive that was ever the intention. Getting Boba into and out of the cockpit was always supposed to be with the rotating seat. I think this was factory placed because of the cockpit glass 👍

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I buy that one ;) that it was never meant to remove the cockpit glass to add and remove the figure so that is why the factory added the sticker (y)

Latest posts

Top Bottom