Vectis auction - non SW toy discussion

UKS

Jedi Knight
Does anyone collect non SW stuff? The Vectis auction today had some insane prices for Transformers and He-Man.

I think I know why one TF auction went over 3k when it should be 300 - but I wanted to know if anyone else noticed or thought the same? I think there was a misidentified "bumble jumper" in there. (I bid as if it was, but chickened out far beyond 3k!)

But there was one Fig - motormaster that hit over 2k and I don't know why.

There was also a he-man three pack that hit 10k!!

Any he-man, TF collectors who have any idea why? Or if I am correct in my prediction?

(I also missed a MIB falcon by 20 quid. Boo!)

Can't wait to see what I miss in tomorrow's auction!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I don't but many on here do have you seen the thread in off topic where everyone showcases their none Star Wars items. Also the Lego corner.

I'm not to clued up on vintage He-Man but I do know the 3 packs are mega money. :shock:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I didn't see the auction but have noticed prices of MASK and He-Man stuff on Facebook have been going crazy recently. It must be because that slightly younger generation is now getting in to collecting and earning more money, like what happened with Star Wars 5 years ago. But both seem to be commanding more than vintage SW currently, what I'm seeing for sale anyway.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I think that your 100% right Edd.
In the past the new "hot" collectables have always been whatever was popular when the then kids now have disposable income.
It's all about seeing something that you used to have and having the money to be able to buy back that nostalgia feeling.
The thing is some collecting fads don't last and tend to fade away with time.

Palifan

Sith Lord
I had a few bids on non SW items myself and was the under bidder on them all so didn't walk away with anything. I did think though that there were a lot of items that went for a high price from that first auction and I'm not quite sure either why but maybe it was because the condition of the items were generally nice.

You can never tell with these things but it's best to always buy what you like and not for a quick flip as I wonder if some of these items went for top dollar.

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom