Vectis Auction House

dianoga77

Padawan
Does vectis email work? as i asked for more info and pics on sun eve 10th regarding 27th palitoy auction and still have no reply?
anyone else had this delay b4 :?

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Phone them up. I have asked and been promised photos before only for them not to arrive.

Or ask one of the many people who took dozens of photos when vectis gave them the grand tours and betrayed all of their customer confidentially when showing them what was coming up in the next couple of years of sales.

Richard_H

Grand Master
mods - can we get some of these vectis threads merged there seems to be a new one appearing every other day or so?

they are a bit slow to response to emails. if you're on facebook Kathy is very good at answering pms.

I never knew there was a customer confidentiality clause or that photos for the next couple of years had appeared. I've only seen online photos of stuff that'll be appearing in the next two or three auctions.

Next time I'm at Vectis I'll ask them about this confidentiality bit and how it works for an auction house not to advertise their future sales. :roll:

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
People who give their stuff to vectis want the maximum return, so advertising sales will be relevant. Every picture I took I made sure I had permission first.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
The pros and cons of this have previously been discussed here.

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=24286

At least one major customer was disgruntled with this practice.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I agree that the benefit of exposure far outweighs the downsides of spilling the beans. People seem to forget that a year ago nobody knew about auction houses and they were considered hidden gems for bargains, they certainly weren't discussed at all on here. I guarantee none of the sellers offloading now would have opted for an auction house over eBay a year or two ago so to claim they're "suffering" is stretching the truth.

maxf

Jedi Master
Completely agree Edd. Vectis need to look after buyers and sellers - we all pay fees and without either their business collapses. An idea of what it coming up is helpful to the community and also drums up interest for the seller.

I think the seller of the 30back Fett was probably sold a merry tale by vectis and believed the hype - anybody would have realised the market for £xxxx figures is relatively thin, even with the current hype, so to moan about not being able to buy a house in London with the proceeds is almost laughable - to be anywhere approaching a deposit from the sale of a toy collection is a very lucky position indeed. You go to auction, you roll the dice.

indianawars

Sith Lord
dianoga77 said:
Does vectis email work? as i asked for more info and pics on sun eve 10th regarding 27th palitoy auction and still have no reply?

Have you tried giving them a call buddy? I would think there a little snowed under right now, but give them a gental nudge - I did and got a response.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I emailed them last friday because they have not mailed what I won 1 month ago. The same day they write back to me that they will mail it and I received it Tuesday this week. So the email does work :wink:

JFK

Jedi Master
So because of the high market value vectis attracts should we swerve evil bay ? Go straight to vectis ?

Joe

Grand Master
Pomse2001 said:
I emailed them last friday because they have not mailed what I won 1 month ago. The same day they write back to me that they will mail it and I received it Tuesday this week. So the email does work :wink:

It's nice to know they reply to emails within 24 hours...yet take 1 month to ship something :lol:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
JFK said:
So because of the high market value vectis attracts should we swerve evil bay ? Go straight to vectis ?

As with any auction you take a risk, you could get crazy money like the Palitoy Fett but equally you may not. There's no guarantees! But on recent form Vectis do seem to be getting way over market value for pretty much everything.

maxf

Jedi Master
Personally I think they are in danger of ****ing the market up - especially for palitoys.

JFK

Jedi Master
Is vectis getting top money for kenner as well as palitoy ? Or is it just palitoy making the big big bucks ?????

dianoga77

Padawan
dianoga77 said:
Kathy sent me the pics today/ many thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom