VC Jawa: is this how it is now?

ODB

Jedi Master
Glad I'm not the only one, graded ones can be had and have gone cheaper in recent weeks.

spoons

Grand Master
:shock: :shock:

Any one want to buy my vinyl caped Jawa - Christmas is coming after all :wink:

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
****ing hell. They have never really interested me but especially now, that is crazy.

But then again I did spend a lot on a POTF Nikto so can't really comment. :lol:

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I thought that was a bit on the steep side too. Wonder when/if the bubble will burst on this figure? I would think the loose/graded price must be reaching similar sorts of prices because most of these will end up graded, those that aren't already locked down in collections anyway.

Some variants are now reaching insane prices too. The one that sticks out for me just recently is the red rectangle R5 D4 - I've seen 2 now in recent weeks go for over £100. (Gotta thank Walkie for mine :wink: )

itfciain

Grand Master
I have brokered two for sale in the past couple of months - both AFA85s - the first one went for $1750 and the second for $1950

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Well with the paint loss in his hands that Jawa won't even grade 80 :!:

I know prices have gone up but some sellers need to come down to reality from cloud 9 :lol:

x-pack

Grand Master
it baffles me who would pay these prices but someone is obviously buying :? Do you guys think these are people new to collecting vintage who have never known anything else pricewise? Like some others have said, I too can remember these back in the day going for a fraction of what they are now. Same could be said for all these desirable pieces, but it's having seen values creep up that prices me out, not the actual current value. If that makes sense.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
x-pack said:
it baffles me who would pay these prices but someone is obviously buying :? Do you guys think these are people new to collecting vintage who have never known anything else pricewise? Like some others have said, I too can remember these back in the day going for a fraction of what they are now. Same could be said for all these desirable pieces, but it's having seen values creep up that prices me out, not the actual current value. If that makes sense.

IMO the single biggest contributor to rising prices is the "mail call" threads on Facebook. Here's how it works - Twat #1 posts something along the lines of "Mail call! Look what arrived today, it ONLY cost me $2000!" Then Twat #2 posts "Wow great piece, and awesome price!" Finally Twat #3 says "Congrats, what a score!" Note - Twat #2 or #3 is usually the seller, or somebody that recently paid a stupid price for one to make themselves feel better.

And the above happens every single day. It's depressing to watch.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom