Uncirculated double telescoping figure set (AFA)

**Delboy75**

Jedi Master
Thats just a crazy thing to do, i had heard about this but never seen a pic.
If they were real beaters or cut cards i could understand, but those cards look in pretty good condition.

spoons

Grand Master
why would anyone do that :?:

A custom case for the carded figs would have been just as good - AFA should have refused on principle

aussiejames

Sith Lord
I had no choice, the bubbles were cracked. You guys are just jealous. I like how I have them displayed :D Oh **** my secret is out. Please keep me anonymous :wink:

Jim1974

Padawan
Those were the carded figures that AFA wouldnt give a grade to as the bubbles were that trashed/cracked. That pic doesnt tell the full story, you would need to see the bubbles in person to realize how bad they were.

I think it looks fantastic......at least now you can see all of the figures and the sabers. I had a power droid fall off the card recently, this aint gonna happen with those now.

**Delboy75**

Jedi Master
Well give me a 12 back vader wih a really badly cracked/damaged bubble and i bet you i could replace the saber with my genuine DT....tweezers lol.

Seriously, im not saying this is what happened but it would be possible if the cracks were bad enough.
Also if the cracks were bad enough to warrant opening these up should they get a U grade?

Jim1974

Padawan
**Delboy75** said:
Well give me a 12 back vader wih a really badly cracked/damaged bubble and i bet you i could replace the saber with my genuine DT....tweezers lol.

Seriously, im not saying this is what happened but it would be possible if the cracks were bad enough.
Also if the cracks were bad enough to warrant opening these up should they get a U grade?

I understand what you are saying but Tom Derby would be able to tell straight away if it had a replacement real DT saber. How many real DT sabers have you seen that have looked brand new, no play wear and perfectly straight? How many autherntic blue telescoping sabers are easy to get hold of?
Some guy (not mentioning any names) tried this years ago with a carded 12 back Luke. The saber was replaced with an authentic DT saber and he was found out....

**Delboy75**

Jedi Master
Jim1974 said:
**Delboy75** said:

I understand what you are saying but Tom Derby would be able to tell straight away if it had a replacement real DT saber. How many real DT sabers have you seen that have looked brand new, no play wear and perfectly straight? How many autherntic blue telescoping sabers are easy to get hold of?
Some guy (not mentioning any names) tried this years ago with a carded 12 back Luke. The saber was replaced with an authentic DT saber and he was found out....

Thats actually a good reply Jim lol.
The DT vader i have just picked up has plenty of wear, so does my luke.

aussiejames

Sith Lord
"how many real DT sabers have you seen that have looked brand new..." etc. How many U graded 3x DT sabers have you seen all together in one clear box?? :p Anyway the most important question is "is the Aussie sun going to damage this piece while it is hanging up in my lounge room?" :lol:

Jim1974

Padawan
The DT vader i have just picked up has plenty of wear, so does my luke.[/quote]

For what you picked it up for, I wouldnt be complaining!!!! :lol: There is a very nice profit in that, especially if you got it AFA graded....and sold it. :D If you dont sell, a really good and rare piece of star wars history!

BTW James, you need to keep that set out of the midday sun down under, unless there is frosting on the figures :lol: (I doubt as they have such good grades!)

Grant

Sith Lord
I think that 3 DT figure set is awesome. Kudos to the owner for coming up with a very unique set.
I totally understand why the current owner did what he did as the bubbles were severely trashed.

Grant. 8)

**Delboy75**

Jedi Master
Jim1974 said:
The DT vader i have just picked up has plenty of wear, so does my luke.

For what you picked it up for, I wouldnt be complaining!!!! :lol: There is a very nice profit in that, especially if you got it AFA graded....and sold it. :D If you dont sell, a really good and rare piece of star wars history!
[/quote]

Actually when i say wear its just a bit faded in places, no cracks or chips out of it.
Its actually pretty cool as you can see where the saber was in the arm for years as it has faded in places.

sith jawa

Padawan
The display looks pretty nice. Having seen a MOC DT Ben in person, I can understand why some would feel they should NOT have been removed from the cards.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
RS, heated!? NEVER! :lol:

That actually looks quite good, I like the way they have kept the card backs and included them in the display.
Gotta say I was wondering WTF someone would do that with 3 DT figures, but if the bubbles were as bad as Jim says, then ok, fair enough!

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
I've just spent nearly an hour reading the thread on RS,god they do get a bit arsey with each other over there don't they.

Hope the good old SWF never turns out that way. :)

Joe

Grand Master
Is the owner of this a member here or just checking in?

On RS the "anonymous" owner stated that here the conversation was far less heated so either he was told, or is reading?

Quite curious to know who it is actually just because I am a nosey bastard :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom