UKGraders Questions.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Not that I use AFA for anything...but I agree with Josh( Go figure:))...If i was to use a service like this I would use AFA as they provide the same service and are located in my backyard...so the guy he is referring to is a Muppet.

iDrew

Padawan
ukgraders said:
Hi Drew yeah the archive really needs looking at we have graded now over 2000 star wars items and thats just star wars.
I was thinking of updating the archive quartely this way it is easier for you guys and we can get large amounts on at one time but so your not waiting to see items that have been graded I was thinking of linking flikr to the website so before all items are officially listed on the site archive you can view them through the link by typing in the requested number like SW002010 ect.
What do you all think to that?.
That sounds great 8)

ukgraders

Padawan
Yeah like I said I guess I just presumed that folk knew about customs and Englands nack at taxing everything humanly possible haha.

ukgraders

Padawan
Ok Drew guess I have got some uploading to do I will set up a flikr account and add a link to the website so all you need to do is type in a reference number and you should find that picture on flikr or you might have to scroll through to find the number.
I am not 100% how flickr works with that but I will sort it out.

**Delboy75**

Jedi Master
Hi Steve its Del, hows things mate long time no speak.

Regarding the cases, i have gotta agree they are very strong now. I opened a case up to retrieve a figure to complete a mailer set, and in the end i had to completely smash the case to bits to get the bagged figure out.
I did prefer the original size (slimmer cases) you had as they kept the figure more snug.
If you can remember the amanaman baggie you done for me you placed little brackets behind the figure to keep him upright and snug, i think this should be used all the time with bagged figures as i have quite a few wonky ones and they don't display as nice imho.

I quite like the blue labels you use, but the rarity thing is something im not keen on either.

If im being honest my biggest problem with UKG is the amount of spelling errors, that really does need addressing asap. Also turn around times but you have already said that will be improving.
also the website needs updating a lot more, right now its about once a year :(

I honestly think UKG could do really well with a few minor improvements.

Oh and one more thing lol, the coa certificate should be changed to a vintage picture or even no picture at all. I just think it looks a bit silly having a vintage item with a coa that has a picture of a young anakin skywalker.

Keep up the hard work mate, once i have finished renovating our new house and spare funds improve i will start sending stuff in again.

Del

ukgraders

Padawan
Hi Del mate yeah good to hear from you renovating sounds funa nd expensive make sure the Mrs digs in mate ;0)
Yeah with baggies we put the normal bracket in like with loose figures but now we make them mega thin the problem you have with baggies is they are awkard to get the figure to sit still due to them being the plastic bag but now the cases for these are tight like your original ones think it was an A-Wing pilot one you remember that style :0).
Everything is about improving the whole service and making everything spot on. :D

spoons

Grand Master
**Delboy75** said:
Oh and one more thing lol, the coa certificate should be changed to a vintage picture or even no picture at all. I just think it looks a bit silly having a vintage item with a coa that has a picture of a young anakin skywalker.

i agree with Del on that one, and does the Anakin pic mean you have copyright issues?

**Delboy75**

Jedi Master
ukgraders said:
Hi Del mate yeah good to hear from you renovating sounds funa nd expensive make sure the Mrs digs in mate ;0)
Yeah with baggies we put the normal bracket in like with loose figures but now we make them mega thin the problem you have with baggies is they are awkard to get the figure to sit still due to them being the plastic bag but now the cases for these are tight like your original ones think it was an A-Wing pilot one you remember that style :0).
Everything is about improving the whole service and making everything spot on. :D

Thats good to hear steve, those slimmer cases are much much better, nice one.
I have quite a few bits i'd like to send in to you but the house is costing a fortune right now :shock:

plantman

Sith Lord
AFA can put a declaration that the item is a returned goods item so customs do not charge import duty and VAT

The same could be applied to a US-UKG item i suppose?

Either way you CAN claim customs charges back from the government, there is a form on their site to send it off with proof that you exported the parcel only to recieve it back

Dizzy1394

Youngling
I've just received some items back from the AFA and got a nice customs bill for £13 even thou it had the returned items label on it! WTH!

As for the UKG I've been put off by the labelling as well doesn't need the rareity stars, if you are altering them then I would certainly send some business your way, even more so if there were forum member discounts! :wink:

lee gray

Sith Lord
I have used UKG a good few times and for the star wars figures, I think the cases are just as good as toygraders.

the only thing I was a bit unhappy with was when I got a star trek pickard graded, the case was much too long and stood a good couple of inches longer than a star trek figure on mine graded by toygrader and wished it would have been in proportion like with the star wars figures..... that aside though I not had no problems and its a friendly service

ukgraders

Padawan
Yeah Rarity stars have gone all new orders are being fazed of Rarity stars guys due to really popular demands to be fair it was quite funny because nobody here liked them at UKG either but never said anything to me about it haha would have made my job loads easier not doing them haha
Yeah I remember the Picard mate just drop us a mail and say hey I think the case is too big haha and I will sort it for ya no probs.
For now guys Rarity stars gone ;0)

**Delboy75**

Jedi Master
Thats good to hear Steve mate.

I don't think i've met anyone who liked the rarity scale lol.

Are you putting anything else on the label?

benbob

Padawan
Alright Steve its Ben (SWCC)

If I'd have seen this post earlier I would most deffinately have chimed in already ;)

I'm glad your rarity scale has gone, I never liked it either!

I agree with the posts on your COA being poor, we are grown up (welll some of us) collectors and I think the COA needs to look more professional rather than something my 6y/o would like on his wall. I had 2 pieces garded by you with COA's VC Jawa and Prototype Lobot both were sold without the COA's!

I also think that sometimes your grades are more inconsistent than the AFA's I have 2 MOC R2's graded by you both 85's. If these were graded by the AFA I would expect 1 to get a 90 and the other to do well getting a 80. This effects the resale value of UKG pieces because collectors dont really know what they're gonna get. I know the AFA are inconsistent but not to the same degree. Also unfortunately the UKG isnt recognised in the USA so the resale prices are kept low, I know we dont collect to make money but if you ever did decide to sell then you want the best return on your collection as possible and thus investing in AFA is the way forward as it opens up the US market for your goods.

On a better note your service is A1, your a nice(ish) bloke and I would much rather use a UK based grading companie than a Yank 1. Oh and where are my replacement cases? lol.

grogs316

heres my views. i have used the service for a few figures and have been very happy. great comms from the boys and i will def use again. I have always thought it was unfair, although inevitable that you would be compared and judged by AFA standards in the early stages. People seem to forget how hard it would be to compete with an internationally recognised company who have been operating for years. i dont think some collectors gave you a fair chance to get established and i suppose its quite a British thing to almost encourage failure so they can say I told you so!
You have my full support and I will happily get more figures graded whne i have the cash and time. Good luck and keep up the good work.

If you were still making the same mistakes 3 years on I would have my doubts but it sounds like you have listened to peoples concerns and have addressed the issues

Barry
ps please get the website sorted, my only complaint

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Steve,I was wondering how you can grade items impartially??

You've just won a few items from myself on ebay and bought on behalf of someone else,I've no problem with that. But this guy is one of your best customers and will no doubt get 1 of them graded.

I think it raises the question of integrity for your business when you buy for someone else and then grade on their behalf.

Of course if these items aren't for grading I take my comments back and apologise.

Joe

Grand Master
Lee Gregory said:
Steve,I was wondering how you can grade items impartially??

You've just won a few items from myself on ebay and bought on behalf of someone else,I've no problem with that. But this guy is one of your best customers and will no doubt get 1 of them graded.

I think it raises the question of integrity for your business when you buy for someone else and then grade on their behalf.

Of course if these items aren't for grading I take my comments back and apologise.

This intrigued me when you posted it but no reply Lee :(

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Joe,

TBH I wasn't expecting one as it's a bit of an awkward questionto answer isn't it?

I'm not being an arse or anything just that if the figures I've sold are to be graded and Steve has bought them on behalf on someone else,to me that is wrong.

I could PM him to try and force an answer but I can wait.

Joe

Grand Master
I think if he had seen it he would be doing his best to answer or at least pm you lol (especially if its just the wrong end of the stick!)

How's it going anyway Lee? Any more Pali's on the horizon ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom