Toy fair NEC Sunday 21st June

JimboUK1979

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I got there around 8.15am and paid the Early Bird £10.00.

I saw the guy / dealer that was selling a lot of his vintage SW collection. I was stood in front of his table (trying to buy a £1.00 beater for my lad) while some guys were ploughing through his storage boxes before his stuff had made it to the table and spending serious £££'s! He had some proper fantastic stuff, plenty of 12" boxed and loose and a cracking loose Imperial Shuttle. though the arms / legs and bodies I saw a boxed Ewok village, Hoth base and DV Carry case. Its hard to put into words but the atmosphere was electric just the right side of frantic if you know what i mean.

Ive been to the last few NEC's and yesterdays was the best one I've been to with regards to SW and Action Force. There seemed to be a lot more 70's / 80's / 90's toy dealers than normal and less Truck/Train stalls.

I'm off to Donnington in a couple of weeks but don't expect it to be anything like the NEC yesterday.

JimboUK1979

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I'd got a massive backpack on and a small 6 year old lad who had a black star wars cap on? I picked up a loose Lumat (without bow) for £6.00 which cheered me up.

I defo need to get a SWFUK T Shirt for identification purposes!!

coomber75

Sith Lord
Have done Donny a few times... not massive and usually v train focused but who knows... not normal to have that much vintage at NEC... maybe a new wave is coming through :lol:

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
coomber75 said:
Have done Donny a few times... not massive and usually v train focused but who knows... not normal to have that much vintage at NEC... maybe a new wave is coming through :lol:

I agree, on both points. Donington is generally for train/diecast collectors although it never used to be that way, it used to be one of the best venues in the North West.

Hopefully more vintage dealers will come out of the woodwork as the new films draw closer...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom