Top FIVE Vintage items that YOU own (TAKE PICTURES!) v2009

Joe

Grand Master
On my desk I have two figures that I would never part with which got me thinking, what are your top five pieces in your collection?

I think it would be really cool if everyone took the time to set those five items out for a picture and gave some reasons, I know 3 of mine but I need to take a picture tonight.

We all collect loads of different items and it might even be a chance for some people to see things they have never seen before or get to read a cool story as to how you came to own them and why you would never part with them.

Promise I will update this post later with my top five :)

plantman

Sith Lord
1. Lili Ledy Jawa
2. ROTJ Boba (AFA90)
3. Burgundy Squid
4. Lili Ledy Boba Fett
5. Kubrick Bounty Hunter Set/ Lili Ledy Klaatu if Kubrick doesnt count as vintage.

I think the Star Wars Film set would need to be in there really as well :)

Joe

Grand Master
plantman said:
1. Lili Ledy Jawa
2. ROTJ Boba (AFA90)
3. Burgundy Squid
4. Lili Ledy Boba Fett
5. Kubrick Bounty Hunter Set/ Lili Ledy Klaatu if Kubrick doesnt count as vintage.

I think the Star Wars Film set would need to be in there really as well :)

Nice ! Pictures my friend 8) what a cool set of five Andy (if you want to include the Kubrick set I won't say anything ;) )

Carl Waterworth

Jedi Master
i think mine would be, in no particular order

1:pOTF Coin set
Picture002-3.jpg

2:pOTF Yak face
YakFace.jpg

3:pOTF Yoda
Yoda.jpg

4:pOTF AT AT Driver
ATATDriver.jpg

5:65 back Kenner Hoth Stormtrooper
65BkHothStormtrooper.jpg

shawn_k

Sith Lord
It is really hard to pick just 5 items. :) I've tried to pick some that I can remember specific things about acquiring them and are related to my childhood.

1. My childhood The Force Lightsaber. I had a lot of fun with this as a kid and it shows by all the dents in it. I need to get an updated picture. I have this kept at my parents house still for the time being. I remember going to TRU as a kid and seeing one of the boxed displays loaded with these.

main.php

2. Childhood Luke Jedi. This is where the focus started :) I've added the accessories as the originals were lost. Has some paint wear on nose and hands, but actually still in decent shape. I was surprised when I found out it was a no coo figure. I wish I could remember when I got it as I'm guessing it could have been a Trilogo from Kaybee or something.

main.php

3. Young Jedi Mailer. I have very vauge memories of actually receiving this as a child and my older brother helping me decide on which free figure I wanted. I was very lucky to get the letters from a mailed kit and then completed it with paperwork from a sample kit.

main.php

4. Luke Jedi Shipping Box. I didn't even know this existed until this one popped up on a $10 buy it now from a seller that sold all the carded POTF Lukes this once contained. Another one showed up recently on ebay and sold for $70 :shock: which made me appreciate that price even more.

main.php

5. Boba Fett Mailaway. I've always had fond memories of mailaways from being a kid. The filling out the form, sending off for it in the post, and then waiting what felt like ages for the premium to arrive. One of the few modern things I still collect are the mailaways each year. This was the first mailaway figure offered on a cardback and of course one of the coolest.

main.php

I wish this would have been a top 10 list, so I could include more items :) Obviously I would have also added my coins, but I didn't think that would be considered one item. Great post idea Joe. I look forward to seeing what everyone else lists.

Joe

Grand Master
Now THAT is the kind of response I had hoped for :D

Nice write up Shawn, awesome pieces you chose!

I was thinking of a top10 list but then I thought lets make it a harder choice and less items to choose!

Still have to think of my last 2 before I take pictures and make my list ;)

James, childhood toys go a long way in my book as well and after all it's the reason we collect them in the first place, great old photo and nice choice (although counting them individually that's way more than five! ;) )
Anyone else?

spoons

Grand Master
This is too hard to do Joe, I've left out 5 things that would easily make this list another day :( Unfortunately I have nothing from my childhood, but I was tempted to put my first bootsale find (Luke Stormie) or ebay buy (yoda) on.

Mine in no particular order are these lot.

The 41 back Pailtoy Han as it was the first time I properly broke the £100 barrier on a purchase, and it looks great (to me)

Hanhothpalitoy41bkfront.jpg

The MT Han as it is a real curiosity

BrazilianModelTrem1.jpg

BrazilianModelTrem4.jpg

This Darth and Han two-pack is another curiosity but looks like it wasn't made by a child :lol:

ROTJHanHothDarthtwopack2.jpg

My Revenge proof ATAT as it is just the business

ATATrevengeproof2.jpg

and the Mexican bootleg Yoda as it makes a mean Christmas Tree decoration :wink:

bootlegyoda.jpg

(no room for many other Han Hoths or any die-cast :cry: )

but I have to sneak in this AFA85 moulded legs Han as it was a steal, very rare and much as I hate AFA they do display great :oops:

3ESB31AMouldedlegscasesm.jpg

Ron

Sith Lord
All my collection is my fav. But here is my top 5
tatooine skiff afa 80 from lucas film archive
CIMG2362.jpg

sonic landspeeder afa 80 from lucas film archive
CIMG3124.jpg

sand crawler afa 75 from lucas film archive
CIMG2973.jpg

ROTJ falcon afa 85
CIMG2106.jpg

Not to sure what else i would included got so many favorites.
But i will go for my land of the jawas afa 75
CIMG1966.jpg

burnsy

Sith Lord
Brilliant, brillant thread Joe.

Lovin the items guys.

I'm gonna have a look and will post when I've decided!!!!

Looking forward to seeing more chaps 8)

Joe

Grand Master
Wow Spoons and Ron, those are awesome top 5's !

I decided on my last one just now so here are my own top 5! (no particular order)

1. AFA Clipper Trilogo - Just because it's in such nice condition, it's probably
my favourite 8D8 MOC at the moment!

2. Loose childhood 8D8 figure - Very lucky to have the figure I actually played with as a kid.

3. Blue Snaggletooth - My wife bought this for me a few years ago to replace the one
I sold to raise funds to fly back to her! So it is definitely irreplaceable !

4. Yoda ESB MOC - I never thought I would own a yoda on any card back let alone an early ESB,
not to mention it cost me £5!

5. Lili Ledy Emperor overstock/ short shot unpainted head - The body is a regular figure
but the head is a cool overstock part from the Lili Ledy factory.
It was definitely a reject as it is a short shot (bad mould pour)
and is all warped and out of shape (much like the Emperor really was!)

View attachment 2
View attachment 1

spoons

Grand Master
great stuff guys - and you've been holding out on us Joe. I thought all you had were SWDs. You have some neat stuff there (as well as the SWDs). This is indeed a great thread :)

chrisfnx

Jedi Knight
Is a 65bk kenner hoth snowtrooper hard to find? Im not saying it isnt, just wanted to know, cheers!

burnsy

Sith Lord
First, the most I ever paid for a single figure which was purchased very near to the end of completing my loose run.
Even though he's encased in an acrylic coffin, I count him as my Blue Snag in my loose collection....

newbay093.jpg

My first major Palitoy and I was so pleased at her condition when she arrived...

newbay094.jpg

I started picking up Takara items around a year ago and I am still not complete with this run. I love them. The weight of the die cast figures and X-Wing, the packaging, the quirkiness of the items and the firing R2's and C3P0's. It seems in Japan everything had to fire missiles or bullets. I love this item, when you turn it on it's hard to believe it's a toy from the late 70's....

newbay096.jpg

I love Trem's. I remember seeing some for sale on RS a while ago and nearly fell off my stool when I saw what was being charged for the crappiest thing I had ever seen. However times have changed and I am now addicted and feel these are one of the most collectible lines to go for. They are vey rare and have a great story behind them. Jesus, they are supposed to be kids toys and they are made out of lead coated with a very toxic paint!!!! Class!!!! This is one of my favourites....

newbay095.jpg

And last but not least, my Tri Jawa. OK, not in the best of condition. It has bubble damage and creasing to the card but at the time of purchase, I was not aware as to quite how rare this was and neither was the seller. I was early on in my Jawa focus and I remember asking Ron for advice on this one and he was ready to buy if I didn't. This is where I became good friends with Ron and gained a lot of respect for him, as I was very naive and didn't realise I was getting a good deal. He didn't try and gazump me and was honest. Thanks Ron, I appreciate your help mate and this is the rarest item I have in my collection....

newbay097.jpg

Joe

Grand Master
Fantastic top five Burnsy! I think the model trem leia is awesome and I had a suspicion you might include your trilogo Jawa!

Awesome, I am glad many of you are playing ball with this, it's nice looking at pictures but the stories of why you collect them and why you love them makes for a much more enjoyable read!

I hope one day I can pick up some limbs to go with the Emperor LL head, it was dirt cheap but I think it's great and makes a nice display next to a regular Kenner.

Joe

Grand Master
Really looking forward to some of the loose variant collectors choices and of course Emiels top five ships ;) (I bet he has gone mad trying to choose...!) :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Good thread Joe, although I can't even come close to a top ten let-alone a top five...........................and as for getting off my ass to take pictures :oops: :lol:

Some great items there as well guys.

Ohh and I like the story behind your number 3 choice Joe, you big softie! :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom