Staff member
Supporter
I can't get close to five!
I'm sat here thinking off the top of my head and i'm in double figures! :oops:
Just so many variants I want to include! :wink:

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Joe, I'm not mad yet. At least not madder than I was before. :?

First up is my original Tusken Raider. I remember losing his Gaffi stick while playing in my late grandmother's garden. I searched for it all evening until it got dark, but I've never found it again. His cape was also damaged at one time. He's now fully refitted and as mean as ever. 8)

sw-tusken-raider-o-e.jpg

Second is the first ever figure my girlfriend gave me when I had just started collecting. We bought it at the Space Oddity store in Amsterdam and I remember I was giddy at getting such an expensive figure. Little did I know. :roll: (Tatsie stay away from me damnit :x )

sw-yak-face.jpg

Third is my magnificent MIB Palitoy AT-AT. A classmate of mine had one and I remember being very very jealous as there was no way in hell I would ever get one. The closest I ever got to it as a wee lad was the PDT-8. :lol:

sw-AT-AT-esb-palitoy-012.jpg

Fourth is my lovely MISB closed belly Taun Taun. I adored this toy when I was little. It represented Star Wars for me.

sw-taun-taun-closed-belly-esb-kenner-misb-001.jpg

And last but not least my Bi-Logo MIB Millennium Falcon. I inherited a collection from a friend of mine (thanks Chris!) and this was part of it. This friend was told to get rid of all of it because his house was too small and his girlfriend wanted room for her candle collection. :roll: His loss but my gain I guess as his figures and ships got me into collecting. The Falcon was incredibly dirty and I spent many many hours cleaning it up. I restored the electronics even though I'm hopeless with my hands, and bought the original instructions, the bilogo poster and even an original decal sheet as my friend had never applied the decals! So I'm now proud to call it MIB. 8)

sw-millennium-falcon-rotj-bi-logo-chris-005.jpg

Joe

Grand Master
Wow Emiel, those are some great choices! You included a mushy one as well :wink:

Great story on the Tusken, I bet his gaffi stick went up a hoover! LOL he must be glad you restored him to his former glory!

As always, those ships that you collect look cool as ever, nice choices, even better stories :)

Tank1252

Jedi Master
Cracking thread!!!

I'm still doing a shortlist for mine....

...doesn't help that everything is still in boxes, just can't seem to get the time to open everything (eh coco/joe!!)

Hopefully by xmas (2010).

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Got to agree Joe top idea for a thread,it's cool to see what different ideas people have as there top 5.
Ron your playsets look cool,I used to collect a few but not Palitoy's ???? :roll:
I'll get some pics on of mine shortly.

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
Wow awesome thread (kudos to Joe) and even more awesome items guys!!

I will spend some time in my collection room tomorrow (later today actually as my dam website has got me tied up until the early hours again lol) and i will shortlist my top 5 :? As many have said already its not an easy task :!: (Pull your finger out your arse weasel :wink: )

Anyway i will try and get pictures up of my top 5 tomorrow in fact i am allocating 2 hours of my working day specially. :lol:

Jay

burnsy

Sith Lord
This is my favourite thread of all time!!! Nice one Joe.

Looking forward to seeing more.

I may be cheeky and put up my top five loose variants aswell :p

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Not sure if they count differently down Oz way, but up heres that's called SEVEN!
You cheat! :lol:

Joe

Grand Master
weasel said:
Not sure if they count differently down Oz way, but up heres that's called SEVEN!
You cheat! :lol:

LOL!

Yeah nice going James lol, he just loves all his toys and can't decide!

That is classic though he even said top five :lol: Star quality James lol

Joe

Grand Master
Weasel come on mate play ball! Gotta be a few nice pieces you just wouldn't sell for any price? your first AFA figure? your best condition LL??

cocofstar

Sith Lord
My top 5 starting with my favourite:-

1. Canadian 41 back Yoda with Clipper Wrap around offer. Only known Non Orange Yoda on a Canadian card and it a Green Snake too!

Thread about it on RS:-

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=2661333&Forum=c5&Words=bilingual&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=2661333&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=8106&daterange=1&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post2661333

yoda_can_41_specialoffer-5.jpg

2. Next is my Slave 1 Special Offer Space Scene. I'm sure very few of these have survived and mine is really nice :D

Thread on RS :-

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=vintagedisplay&Number=3194647&Forum=f102&Words=cardboard&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=3194647&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=8106&daterange=1&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post3194647

space_scene_figs-2.jpg

3. I only got this a few weeks ago and have already shown it off twice in the last fortnight :oops: Nothing major but I really love it :D Palitoy Cantina:-

pali_camtina_box1_large.jpg

4. Great story behind this one that you can read on my Blog:-

http://landoslocker.wordpress.com/2009/03/15/finding-a-palitoy-death-star/

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t222/cocofstar/death_star_2_palitoy-2.jpg

death_star_2_palitoy-3.jpg

5. This little guy makes it all worth while :D Picked this little dude up off a Danish collector thinking it might be something like unpainted factory overstock or unpainted production run. Have discussed with a few knowledgable guys from RS and at least 2 think it is a dated First Shot like Dan Flarida's which appears in this link:-

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=48398

hk_light_green_unpainted.jpg

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Gorgeous, Stephen, absolutely gorgeous.

To see them all together in one post makes it even more special. Cracking thread Joe.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom