Play_Mix_Poster.jpg

ROTJ Vader Header (no rack...):
Vader_Header.jpg

ESB Vader Rack:
Vader_Rack.jpg

Uli

Grant

Sith Lord
Very nice 5 you picked there Uli. Il be adding to this section in month or so. Just waiting for things to arrive etc.

Grant. 8)

Joe

Grand Master
Nice Uli! Awesome!

That Play mix poster is awesome, that is the very poster with the pre production figures photographed!

Luke Jedi in robes, Ree yees hard copy with visible pins! Klaatu in non production colours etc!

Awesome :D How much would that set you back??

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
Joe said:
Nice Uli! Awesome !

That Play mix poster is awesome, that is the very poster with the pre production figures photographed!

Luke Jedi in robes, Ree yees hard copy with visible pins! Klaatu in non production colours etc!

Awesome :D How much would that set you back??

You want one as well Joe? lol

I cant even guess at a value

Awesome!

Joe

Grand Master
If I say Awesome more than twice in one post I normally do Jay :lol: :lol:

spoons

Grand Master
Capetown said:
Very cool Uli. Never thought I would say this to a man, but you have a nice rack!

lol

without a doubt the finest rack on the forum - very nice indeed 8)

stevemac1976

Jedi Master
Joe,

as other have said,a great thread which intend to read thoroughly later this evening.

I have also started to think about my top 5 and will hopefully get to post my choices later tonight as well.#

Steve

stevemac1976

Jedi Master
Well i have had a good think about this and come up with what i think are my top 5 items - and they are all chewie related!!! :D

In no particular order:

Top Toys Chewie Hardcopy

ChewbaccaHardcopy.jpg

Chewie First Shot with original FS weapon

ChewbaccaFirstShotFront.jpg

Top Toys steel limb molds

Molds1.jpg

Lili Ledy MOC Chewie

LedyMOC.jpg

Kenner 12 back D Chewie (I put this one in as i had searched for this one for some time before i managed to secure it)

Kenner12backD.jpg

Kenner12backDrear.jpg

I have to say that to limit this to only 5 items was really hard. Great thread Joe.

Steve

stevemac1976

Jedi Master
A bit more info about my top 5. All have been purchased within the last 18 months and have come from 3 differnet sources. I have built up some great connections in the world of chewie collecting and i hope to be able to add to my collection from these sources over the next 18 months!!!! My misses has whole heartedly supported me and my collecting habits but even she questioned paying what i did for the HC. Well worth it in my opinion!!!!!

It was definatley a hard choice getting the last 2 peices on there and could easily substitute a few on there with some other things.

To answer another question posed by Joe. Would i ever sell my top 5 - no. Unless i was desperate to pay the mortgage or some other life changing reason.

And another question to ask my fellow collectors - is there any items out there that you want to buy (either cant afford at the time or not readliy available to buy) that if you were to buy then it would become part of your top 5. I will answer this very quickly and just say Todd Hudsons Chewie Proof collection and the awesome original wax sculpts of the vintage chewie collection.

Steve

Idefix13

Padawan
@Jay & Joe: the playmix poster was given to retailers for displaying in shops. As far as I know it was not available to the public. So it ranges amongst 'store displays'. This poster seems to be really rare and not much copies are known to exits (Mattias probably knows more about it).

The steal mould is super cool! How about the torso mould? Any way to complete the set and get ready for a mini production?

Uli

stevemac1976

Jedi Master
Uli,

i am not sure if the torso steel mold survived. I am still trying to confirm this. One thing i did miss off my last post was i woudl also like to buy the silicone molds that i have heard do exist but not sure who has them.

And i believe it is both the limbs and torso.

Steve

Idefix13

Padawan
Hm too bad about the torso mould... have you ever tried to fill the limbs mould with something and get a 'wax copy' (or so) out?

stevemac1976

Jedi Master
Idefix13 - funny you should ask as i am off to see a friend this weekend for the day that has a real interest in this sort of thing. I told him about the molds and i am going to take them with me and try to get a half decent cast of them in some form of durable plastic. I will post the results if they are any good!!! Down side it wont be pressured injection moulding.

Steve

Idefix13

Padawan
... hihi please show us (me) the result!

You won't be able to inject the plastic with presure but you can 'put' the plastic inside the mould and then press the two parts of the mould...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom