Top FIVE Vintage items that YOU own (TAKE PICTURES!) v2009

jimmymindtricks

Jedi Master
:shock: :shock: :shock:

**** me , i quit

seriously heavy hitters you have theire bro

i pretty sure your top 5 that you dont feel comfortable sharing

is even more heavy

iam speechless , congrates maybe afther 10 more years i will have something to post that looks like that

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
JohnA said:
Ok, I'll play. This is something I seldom do. There are a variety of pieces I can't or don't feel 100% comfortable posting so I hope you understand. Here's my top 5 Scout pieces.

scout5.jpg

*Photo-art for the front of the Speeder Bike box (1-of-a-kind)
*Proof card for the POTF cardback (2 square corners and a punch)
*Copper (or brass??) mold for the head/torso of the articulated Polish bootleg line. The same mold was used for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Generation bootlegs so every single Polish bootleg came from this one mold. (1-of-a-kind)
*Protomolded figure (only one known)
*Bagged sample (1 of 2 known) Macao variant for all you variant collectors ;)

This was a staged shot so, no, they are not usually displayed on my bar. :)

John

Great top five John! 8)
I like the way you mixed in your top four favourite drinks as well! :lol:

A

Anonymous

Hello,

Wow, many great pieces in this thread. Thanks for sharing.

This is my first post, I have been lurking for some time, but thought it would be fun to join. It seems
to be a great forum. :)

My top five vintage items for the moment (more based on emotion then sorted by rarity):

IMG_1187.jpg

Tri-Logo: Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot) ("PBP-figure") - Probably my favorite MOC, really like the
PBP variant and the "pose" is pretty cool.

IMG_1686.jpg

Bilogo box: SpeederBike MISB w/ swedish sticker - When I started to collect Star Wars vintage (1999), I got my hands
on the shipping box + 14 Speederbikes. I only got two left and for me they mark the beginning of my collection.

IMG_3249.jpg

Princess Leia Organa 12bk Cromalin - I´m hooked on the 12 back figures :)

IMG_3794.jpg

ROTJ 77A Luke Skywalker (Gunner Picture) - One of my latest acquisitions, I like the photo variantion and even
if I doesn´t collect AFA graded stuff actively. It happens.

IMG_2598.jpg

Micro: Hoth Wampa Cave MISB - started to collect Micro stuff for some years ago. Stopped half way, but couldn´t get
rid of this little piece :). Have to say, micro stuff is awesome.

Thanks/

Mike

JohnA

Padawan
Sweet stuff, Mike! The shipping case is pretty awesome, as is to know it was filled once, and the Leia Cromalin is just tops!! Thanx for sharing.

John

Joe

Grand Master
Hi Mike, very nice way to make an entrance ! Great top five thanks for sharing, that Cromalin is just awesome, did you get it from John Kellerman? (I think I read it on RS)

DarthStanley

Sith Lord
Supporter
Ok guys,i've been meaning to do this for ages so here are my top 5 vintage items in no particular order(although the first one is my favorite!) :D

1) Darth Vaders TIE Fighter.

This is my favorite because for me this represents the most memories i had when i was a kid of all the star wars toys.I always wanted one of these & never got one(ended up with a battle damaged x wing instead!).The one pictured was a right mess when i bought it & i cleaned it up & rebuilt it.
007.jpg

2) Death Star Playset.

I don't remember ever seeing this when i was a kid so when i started collecting i just had to have one.I prefer this version to the palitoy one as there is a lot more you can do playwise compared to the palitoy one.
006.jpg

3) Taiwan Boba Fett.

I bought this little fella for the princely sum of £1.30.The seller had it listed as "star wars figure"& when i discovered it was the taiwan variant in mint condition as was well pleased! :D
013-1.jpg

4) Landspeeder(collectors series)

I bought this quite cheap (considering the condition) from a guy in the US.One of the coolest toys in the entire range for me.
009.jpg

5) Land of the Jawa's Playset.

Like the Death Star playset,i don't remember ever seeing this when i was a kid.One of my latest buys,this is the closest i'll get to owning a Sandcrawler! :D
001-1.jpg

So thats my top 5 lads,hope you like them! :D

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Hey guys great thread and what a difficult question. Here is my top 5 not based on cost, but based on my faves.

1. Boba fett sealed in Star Wars "B" Baggie.
2. Amanaman MOC - Beauitiful condition.
3. Tusken Raider Hollow Cheeks - c10 Mint
4. Biker Scout Laser Pistol - MIB
5. Yak Face c10 - Mint

All the best! Have included a photo of the collection so far! Noob signing out!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom