Things getting on top of me

shrek

Padawan
I know i havent been on here for a while i just need someone to talk to lifes getting a bit much lately and i know that people may find this funny but believe me its not i cant seem to see any light at the end of this tunnel lately and if im honest i dont like the way its making me feel.

Richard_H

Grand Master
Sorry to hear that. It's good to talk and left off steam. Not that it'll make you feel better but you'll be nowhere near the only one.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Ah,

Thats the worst stuff.

Hate that stuff.

Turned me all no attachment jedi like.

Can spin any wise soul out.

Richard_H

Grand Master
Great. For me there's nothing better than kids. I'd have a lot more if I could. It's hard to be a good Dad when things get on top of you but for me they always help me through things without them realising.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
I dont know you bud, but heres some gret advice that people in this country shudder at, as if its a sign of weakness, but in other countries its the norm.

If you have a reaccuring sports injury, go see a sports therpist.

If you have a thought injury, go see a brain therpist.

Being in a realationship is a marathon 4sure, and you have to break through many physical and psychological walls to do a marathon.

Sometimes your injury could be to bad in the long term to run a marathon and you'll have to pull out of the race, sometimes your wearing bad trainners.

I'd highly suggest a therpist for stuff like this. My best mate is one and she can help explain **** I can't and also provide a refreshing drink of water when im running to hard uphill.

Hope this helps.

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Hi Shrek, hope things turn around for you.

One thing in our lives that can give us meaning and a reason to be positive is kids.

Stay strong mate.

shrek

Padawan
Maulster79 said:
I dont know you bud, but heres some gret advice that people in this country shudder at, as if its a sign of weakness, but in other countries its the norm.

If you have a reaccuring sports injury, go see a sports therpist.

If you have a thought injury, go see a brain therpist.

Being in a realationship is a marathon 4sure, and you have to break through many physical and psychological walls to do a marathon.

Sometimes your injury could be to bad in the long term to run a marathon and you'll have to pull out of the race, sometimes your wearing bad trainners.

I'd highly suggest a therpist for stuff like this. My best mate is one and she can help explain **** I can't and also provide a refreshing drink of water when im running to hard uphill.

Hope this helps.

cheers

shrek

Padawan
JuniorChubb said:
Hi Shrek, hope things turn around for you.

One thing in our lives that can give us meaning and a reason to be positive is kids.

Stay strong mate.

yeah i admit if it wasnt for my boys im not sure

aussiejames

Sith Lord
"Things getting on top of me" push the **** off you !
Try not to worry about things you have no control over (sometimes easier said then done)
but someone (the Mrs) giving you grief is something you have no control over.
Go for a bike ride, swim... something you haven't done for a while- helps to clear your mind

Focus on things you have control over- ie. being the best dad you can be.

Now for some distraction techniques:
ug0d324b.gif

bouncing-boobs-1.gif

itfciain

Grand Master
I've been in that deep dark place as well mate - most of the time you don't know where to go or what to do - I had a lot of money issues as well (all self-inflicted) and really thought there was no way out of it

Five years on and I have a new life, a beautiful wife, a new arrival due imminently - life is good (even if I do have to live in Norwich :lol: )

Things do change, and normally when you least expect them to. As Grant says, it is good to talk to people and whether that is someone professional or just your mates then you will find it a lot better than bottling it all up

Joe

Grand Master
Shrek, keep talking mate it all helps, you never know who is reading who can give you some good advice or open a door for you.

Iain- How did you turn things around mate? I love reading/hearing stories like yours, it shows you can do anything if you put your mind to it!

plantman

Sith Lord
Relationships are not the end of it mate, you have your children and they need you, the pain does go away and when it does its like a breath of fresh air, hang in there and talk to who you can and get it all off your chest.

When you reach the other side your new life will begin. It's worth the effort.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Life like Mr gump said sure is a box of Chocolates & some time no matter how wisely you choose you seem to get nothing but hard centres, you just have to try & bear in mind (not always easy) that situations change over time & what you are going through (what ever that is) will also change, TBH I have been where you seen to be at 2 & the the point of wanting to throw the towel in, but if I had given up when I felt like that I would not be where I am now, with family in a place I like to live.

Not an easy perspective to maintain, but try to draw comfort from the fact that no matter how bad may feel its always better than the alternative.

if its woman issues, try finding out what the rout of the issues are & deal with them at the source, its often a good idea to look back & think "when was I last happy?", then see what is different from that time & you may find your answer, its by no means an exact science, but worthy of consideration, & as other have suggested, try doing something you like that you have not made the time for in a while as alone time to reflect is a healthy way of bringing things to the foreground of your mind its also always worth being spontaneous with the better half if things have become unsettled, try getting some time out alone away from the kids, time to re connect without life's all to constant little distractions.

Hope things become more manageable & enjoyable for you soon.

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
mate not sure on the exact prob you got but i have just been through hell . , its bad when kids are involved, women turn evil when a relationship breaks down you need any advice get in touch .but trust me there is light at end of tunnel though the tunnel is soooooooo long .chin up and remember theres a;ways strip club 8) :wink:

Jez

Sith Lord
Shrek, so sorry to read that you are having such a crap time. You know that with the global appeal of this forum you'll always have someone to chat with/listen whenever you need.

There is never any stigma or problem contacting the Samaritans.

I hope things begin to get easier for you. But remember, absolutely nothing can stop you being their dad and they will always love you.
Stay strong dude

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom