The wrath of the missus.

stormcab

Sith Lord
Saw this Palitoy Luke Bespin pop up on eBay today, and it quickly ended with "ended due to error in listing". I thought it had been flipped from a recent sale, but was strange because I remember it went for about the price he was asking for it as a BIN. I read the description looking for some BS, but it soon became apparent why it was up for sale. So bloody funny. In future guys, think of a figure you are prepared to pay, put it into an auction sniper, then forget about it until the auction ends. Too many people get sucked up in the drama in the last couple of minutes.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars...430?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a53ff056e

Joe

Grand Master
I believe the seller is a member here and not only is he a very nice chap (with a very nice collection) but also about as far from a ***** as you could hope to find! :lol: :D

It might be an idea to remember that not everyone on eBay is some anonymous twat who won't read your comments in the future lol (but no doubt know he'll still laugh when he reads this thread) ;)

Good on him for being honest and humorous in his listing though, it's not like most collectors partners DON'T go ballistic when they find out their fella has just spent a large chunk of their money on a plastic figure is it? :lol: Things are a lot easier when you are single! :mrgreen:

stormcab

Sith Lord
Very dangerous to have a credit card as a funding source, as people still tend to see as not their money, yet. "I'll worry about it in a month". I just use my PayPal funds. No funds, no buying.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
I had to get my 12 backs from UKgarrison delivered to my mum's address this week.

You wouldn't call me a ***** if you met my wife. She's scary.

stormcab

Sith Lord
Haha, that's too funny. When I sold my AFA graded Gamorrean Guard on eBay not knowing how valuable it was, my wife and I both sat watching the price going up and up. She get unbelievably excited about it. Even though now I regret selling it, it has however done me a favour, in that my wife sees that these items are that valuable, and when I buy something it's not me flushing money down the toilet. I know it's not cool to be collecting this stuff as an investment, but that is really what they are for anyone who keeps them long term. They will defintely go up in value, and at some point in your life, whether it be a new home or retirement, you may have to part company with some or all of your collection.

sith-smith

Grand Master
Don't have a wife and don't have kids (though still might, you never know!)

But with long term girlfriends it's always been clear that it's my money and I do exactly what I want with it. Though that's always with the understanding that I would never spend in a way that left me or family vulnerable financially.

Thought that might all change should I ever marry! :lol:

I have known of collectors in the past who have spent so much that they left themselves and family in debt. Definitely not a good way to go.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Joe said:
I believe the seller is a member here and not only is he a very nice chap (with a very nice collection) but also about as far from a ***** as you could hope to find! :lol: :D

It might be an idea to remember that not everyone on eBay is some anonymous twat who won't read your comments in the future lol (but no doubt know he'll still laugh when he reads this thread) ;)

Good on him for being honest and humorous in his listing though, it's not like most collectors partners DON'T go ballistic when they find out their fella has just spent a large chunk of their money on a plastic figure is it? :lol: Things are a lot easier when you are single! :mrgreen:

Fair enough Joe, I meant no offence. Hopefully when whoever they are reads the thread they'll put it down to humour, and not put out a contract on me :lol:

I'm pretty lucky that my wife just tends to let me do what I want as long as the bailiffs aren't banging the door down and everyone gets fed, but then I guess she knows that I'd never do anything too stupid. I also find it's a sensible tactic just to tell her if/when I make money on something I end up selling, and gloss over the losses 8)

x-pack

Grand Master
I'm sure this seller is a nice chap but for ****'s sake - he must have guessed the Mrs would go bonkers at that one. It's not exactly peanuts is it. Lesson learned the hard way I guess :roll:

Grant

Sith Lord
jedisearcher said:
Haha what a *****, he should have kept the Luke and ditched the wife :lol:

Hmm... ***** eh... before I read the entire thread I'll admit I was starting to boil over **** lugs (joke) but yes in all fairness I can see the humour in the thread. Sometimes WE have to compromise with the enemy (I mean the other halves) :twisted: :wink:

This was NOT a buy to flip. I recently picked up a few other non Star Wars related pieces so when old Bespin Luke turned up it was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak. It was never bought as a flip. Anyone who knows me knows I'm focused on Bespin Luke related stuff.

Now that's over lets get back to the ridicule chaps. Just remember I'll be at C7 : :wink: :mrgreen:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
My budget on collecting has always been determined by how much spare cash I have, evan before I had a family. Spending with money you haven't got is a slippery slope. :roll:

Grant

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
By budget on collecting has always been determined by how much spare cash have, evan before I had a family. Spending with money you haven't got is a slippery slope. :roll:

Good advice... Must. Snap. Credit card lol.

Hey DB, that's how we communicate up North. I call everyone a **** (except my dear old mum) and if they don't like it they can **** Off, get me cunts ? :wink:

Edit : If your easily offended toughen up sweethearts. :wink:

Grant

Sith Lord
wrighty said:
I am sure this was on FB, it was been brokered off someone else!!

Yeah my friend Stevo tried selling it on my behalf over there coz I don't do Farse Book. 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom