THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 27 LAUNCHED

spoons

Grand Master
Right - finished, and a great show all the way through. Only criticism is the sound, a little quieter on my headphones than usual and in the final chatting section only Grant was in stereo - but very echoey

Is that an iTunes issue?

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Sorry mate- that's a Grant issue. Got a crazy thing going on my computer where a poltergeist changes my settings on the computer after they have been applied.if I leave the tab open, The settings change in front of me as if controlled by romote.

Don't know why, but the issue has been found so will have to keep an eye on it. So frustrating.

Thanks for the feedback folks.

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Yet another great show guys. Just finished listening to it last night and thoroughly enjoyed all of it. Great interviews, discussion and recap of Celebration.

Very good interview with Dave (Toy Polloi) and appreciate his perspective on restoring toys. I've restored a couple of my old childhood ships in the past. I could have just bought replacements, but meant much more to bring mine back to life. I've heard all of the arguments on both sides, but at the end of the day it's your collection. It's just a shame that there are scammers out there that try to rip folks off. That is why it's very important to do your research and get other fellow collectors opinions before buying.

Great hearing of all the latest acquisitions and thanks Jez for giving me a shout out.

Appreciate all your hard work that goes into the best SW collecting podcast out there. Keep up the great work and already looking forward to the next one.

stormcab

Sith Lord
FFS, file size was so large. I'm already struggling with "storage almost full" messages constantly appearing :lol:

Loved it as usual fellas. Absolute top notch.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Ah yeah there were some unusual stereo decisions made towards the end. I assumed you were going for a 60s vibe when early experimental stereo records would have something like the the vocals in one channel and everything else on the other.

:D

SOJ

Sith Lord
Still slugging my way through, would have finished on the way back from Bournemouth yesterday but the Mrs said she had heard enough from you lot on Sunday :lol:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Finally finished it, great job all round guys. The mono/stereo issue is easy to fix, let me know if you have trouble with that in future.

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
Great show guys, loved the topics for the Rebel Briefings section.

I had seen the initial thread regarding the message in the Falcon but didn't see the end result, fantastic story.
I just copied this section from my research thread regarding Aldridge Plastics although when I researched them I thought they had ceased trading.

He confirmed that the Millennium Falcon was built at Coalville. He told me that a company called Aldridge Plastics (ceased trading in 2009) in the West Midlands did the injection moulding for the MF and were making deliveries daily to Coalville; although I believe the MF had been subcontracted out at peak periods to meet demand, as mentioned to me by a good friend and reliable source and that they would then assemble it at Coalville and pack it for distribution. He also said that they did have their own injection moulding machines at Coalville but they were for making dolls that were then painted in the paint shop.

Thought you may find it of interest.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Another massive thank you for another excellent show. They get longer, but never last long enough.. how is that possible?
Roll on Episode 28!

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Just finished listening - what a marathon shift you boys put in on this show! Good interviews, although Dave Toy Polloi was a tough listen. He seems like such a nice guy - but I simply cant agree with what he is doing. The argument that he's just doing it for himself seems naïve when towards the end of the interview he drops the bombshell of how many thousands of views his 'how to' videos have had. He himself sounds 100% trustworthy but how many of his viewers are going to be 'touching up' paint, bleaching figures, printing repro stickers and restoring for resale rather than love of the toys?

Great to hear the 'message in a Falcon' story too, and the recap of the Celebration Panel (which I was very pleased to have attended to see what you handsome fellas look like in the flesh!). :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom