The start of a long road - Trilogo collection

Joe

Grand Master
Here you go hoth -

First stage - http://theswca.com/lexicon/cromalin.html
The proofs are printed on sheets with other proofs - http://theswca.com/lexicon/proofsheet.html

And a common proof card is - http://theswca.com/lexicon/proofcard.html

A cromalin of any piece will exist in very little numbers compared to a proof, the cromalin was the piece used to finalise the card before printing began- if you want to have a read on cromalins I did a review of the Jabbas Dungeon one here - http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t1573-a-look-into-cromalins-jabbas-dungeon-playset

Thanks again for the comments on the Trilogos :)

JEFFS_MUSEUM

Youngling
Great collection you are starting Joe, have fun with it as it will last a very lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time lol :)

Nice to see you branch out.

Jeff

Joe

Grand Master
Thanks Jeff, I have had some luck on a few tough ones recently so there's more to come but this is definitely a long term goal. Always been tempted by a carded set and finally decided it was time to start. When I think of all the trilogos I sold or passed up in the last 10 years... :oops:

JEFFS_MUSEUM

Youngling
When I first started collecting, I would keep some of the tri logos I would get in collections. I had about 3/4 of the collection by 1999, and the first star wars celebration was here in denver. I did not have alot of the kenner collection done by this time, so I decided to sell all my tri logos and get the rest of my kenner mocs I needed, so when I decided to re-collect tri logos, I was kicking myself in the butt, as I had some hard to get ones like both versions of fett, and a few others that were not rare but super hard to find in as nice of condition that I owned.

I did so well at the show, that I did not even need to sell my tri logos :( but that is the way it goes.

2 months after the show is when I decided to get the tri logos back and started my 12 year to complete collection. I do need some varients, but I do have all the main figures.

To this day my wife told me before the show, that I should keep the tri logos, but I did not own anakin or plastic cape jawa, but I was able to add both of these at the show. She still loves to say I told you so!

Jeff

Joe

Grand Master
Dropping a few updated shots in :)
triset10.jpg

trista10.jpg

There are about 9 more in transit or being paid for :)

PGowdy

Grand Master
Great to see it updated. Awesome collection joe. Love that you have so many you need to stack them ... :D

Joe

Grand Master
Lol trilogo tetris, I am rotating my small display as and when I get bored so the top row of the cabinet above the 8D8 stuff gets an order change once in a while but the main bulk is not on display- one day :)

I dread to think how much room it will take up when they are out- probably a wall soon!

Cheers guys and more to come :) I might be slowing down on tris soon as something 8D8 has reared its ugly head again lol

JohnWalsh

Padawan
Great start. Looks like a bunch of figures being ready to be put on an end cap at the store or better yet a shelf at my house. J/K. Awesome thanks for sharing. :)

Thanks for posting that trilogo site as well. It is a great site.

e30318is

Sith Lord
Great collection Joe, some lovely items in there.
Oh and I agree with john- the trilogo site is great dude:)
Hey do you still have the trilogo tusken that you got off Chris a year back?
I haven't seen another since!!

Joe

Grand Master
Hey Ed!

Thanks mate, appreciate it :)

I don't have the raider any more, it was an almost complete reseal with tape and when I was having a look at it the tape one day it just came away on one side so it was practically open :(

He's hard to find, going to have to have some luck to get him or save up a bit!

Joe

Grand Master
Had a few minutes to change up the display today, just the top shelf really and the stack is increasing a bit, I reckon I could fill a decent sized wall with this lot now if they were all in acrylic - one day ;)

stackt10.jpg

(The Ewok has acrylic to make Pete smile ;) )

Really like mixing up the top shelf of Tris - it's just fun to do every few weeks :)

newcab10.jpg

Joe

Grand Master
Not unless someone punches them from the top :lol:

All the weight is evenly distributed on the three figures in each row, and the bubbles are protected by the card above them, actually it's the figures that are the heaviest part of each MOC and not even they weigh a lot.

Damage can occur from stacked star cases because the cases can "imprint" the card under the stress but it's gotta be a pretty big stack to do so. I also heard once that someone
with a stack of acrylic cases had a bunch of the ones at the bottom shatter but again -that's more the weight of acrylic not the actual MOC, crisp packets weigh more than Vintage MOC :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom