The Acolyte 4th June, 2024

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Well the trailers looks good. But I read that the series is set about 100 years before episode 1 :oops: I do not undertand why they need to make a series that go so far back. When there are
so many other series or movies they could make.

What about a movie or series about how palpatine became a sith master and who trained him to become a sith ? :unsure:

and there are so many holes between episode 1 and episode 6 where there can be made stories. What about a boba series when he was younger in the time between episode 3 and episode 6.

stories about how count dooku became a sith :unsure: or how general grievous was created :unsure:

maybe a thrawn movie or series before return of the jedi :unsure:

also some stories with r2-d2, c-3po, luke, leia, solo and chewbacca between episode 4 and 6, with all this cgi stuff then they should be able to make a movie with them just like they did a little bit in rogue one when we saw tarkin and leia (y)

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Latest trailer with the Sith Venom in it was good. Some nice shots

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    416.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 2.png
    2.png
    302.1 KB · Views: 10

Jez

Sith Lord
I'm really looking forward to this. It's new Star Wars stories on our TV. What i've seen looks great.
Bring it on.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Is it just me or is something wrong. Today it is the 4th and on disney plus in denmark they will first show it the 5th :unsure: even on wikipidia they write the 4th.

What the **** is going on ?

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
4th in the US, I think, so the time difference means we have to get it on the 5th. I was expecting it today as well- annoying!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Had 3 hours from 4:30pm today with the house to myself and no work, so thought great watch first two Acolyte episodes. Then realised it's tomorrow. 😞😂

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
4th in the US, I think, so the time difference means we have to get it on the 5th. I was expecting it today as well- annoying!
Yeh… I was sitting comfortably and ready to watch it…only to find that's it's not available until tomorrow!
I blame you for getting me all excited and then pulling the rug…🤔🙄😉

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
I'll make my own mind up when I finally get around to watching this (want a few episodes to stack up) - but reviews aren't great....

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Thoroughly enjoyed it. Not mindblowing (yet!), but a good start and really refreshing to see something new. High production values, intriguing story, fresh characters. Great soundtrack, too- had one or two little nods previous films. Great seeing the Trade Federation, as well!

My boys and wife really enjoyed it too.

Last edited:

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
I wouldn't bother with reviews, especially the utter tripe being posted on social media. RT is running at a very high 94% critics, but 43% audience. Give it a proper chance and make your own minds up.

lejackal

Grand Master
12 minutes in and turned it off. Very much hoping I'm in the wrong frame of mind. I'll try again later in the week.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Well this has been some confusing, first I thought I could watch it yesterday. But then I first could watch it today. I also did some research on the internet about the story and all places I looked, they write the story are beginning in year 132 BBY, but when episode one begins it says 100 years before the rise of the empire, so since the empire are first created in 19 BBY, then this info on the internet must also be wrong and the series begins in 119 BBY :unsure: I must admit I had hoped to see maybe some characters from the clone wars, but I guess Yoda could be the only one and maybe chewbacca since the rest was not born yet :unsure:

After watching the first fighting scene, I was beginning to think are this a steven seagal or jackie chan movie, I do not remember this kind of fighting in star wars and it felt wrong. Are this the new modern star wars for the future or should it look like they were just better fighters in 119 BBY than they were in the clone wars and after them ? I remember people talked about the same when episode 1 came out and the answer then was, nearly all jedi was killed so there was no good fighters left, so vader and kenobi was not as good fighters as they were in the clone wars, because they had no one to fight with :unsure: I can't wait for the answer about how the are even better fighters in this series than they were in the clone wars ? :unsure:

So far I do not like Yord in the series :rolleyes:

But the series are growing on me. I am thinking will we see yoda are he in the jedi council ? will we see chewbacca :unsure: who is the sith, could he be palpatins master and teacher :unsure: could palpatine be older than we think, will we see a young palpatine in the series :unsure:

I think it was sad episode 2 was shorter than episode 1 (n)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Not much for me to say about episode 3 (n) I really hope episode 4 will be much better. So far I only like Master Sol that is still alive, Indara and Torbin was also great in the series but now they are gone :rolleyes:

Top Bottom