The Acolyte 4th June, 2024

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Really like the look/sound of this and the interview with Leslye Headland is very encouraging. My one reservation is that I hope it doesn't go too down the martial arts route, but I'm happy to go with it. Love the poster.

Attachments

• acolyte-teaser-poster-1_v2_25997632.jpeg
    acolyte-teaser-poster-1_v2_25997632.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 18

supergoose

Padawan
Supporter
Looking forward to it - haven't watched the trailer as I avoid trailers like the plague these days ! I hope it's got a bit of grit and darkness to it and it's placed in a more "lived in" universe. I found Ahsoka a bit "polished" :unsure:
Fingers crossed 🤞

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Woke-a-mania bingo! I got a full house in 4 seconds.

I dread this project.

"For over a thousand generations ..... " Nevermind.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi"....Nevermind.

Leslye Headland is said some radically feminist things and was also Harvey Weinsteins Personal Assistant. Perfect qualifications to slip into George Lucas shoes.

I'd LOVE to be proved wrong, but I think this is going to be as bad as Disneys Willow nonsense. A load of woke virtue signalling with flat characters, a story that rips up the lore and a loest common denominator Pepsi interpretation of mythical philosophy and allegory story telling.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Surely NOTHING can be as bad as Willow :ROFLMAO: She won me over a bit with her interview on the link above. She was REALLY into the 90's EU stuff etc- sounds like a proper fan. I like the idea of the thriller/mystery story, Jedi being knocked off etc. Decent cast, too. Has great potential and the trailer looks good. Of course, it could all go pear-shaped. Not too long until we find out...

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Woke-a-mania bingo! I got a full house in 4 seconds.
🤣🤣🤣🤣
It's all so boringly predictable isn't it.
Apparently, our Leslye drinks from the furry cup. You'd never know, as she only mentions it every ****ing five seconds.

I'll still give it a go for the laughs, but I think we all know where this is going.

What with this and Lucas siding with the Disney 'White Slavers' (his words) in Igers proxy battle with Nelson Peltz, I think its safe to say SW has been finally flushed down the shitter.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
The first new Acolyte figures were released today. I haven't bothered.
It's a shame that companies are obligated to commit resource to the next Disney flop and not what the fans want.

I think they may stay the course until all the original fans have been pushed out and replaced by kids who think patricide makes sense for love story

Latest posts

Top Bottom