Thank you Banton989/Adam

Joe

Grand Master
I wanted to share this little story because it's yet another example of just how nice some people in this community actually are. No egos & no bullshit, just friendly cool people who like to put smiles on other collectors faces.

So, a couple of weeks back I notice a guy on FB called Adam who was posting in the various groups looking for Trilogos. We got chatting one day and he mentioned he was actually registered on SWF too and went by the name Banton989.

Chatting back and forth I mentioned how I had sold my Trilogos and that while I did miss them (and in some respects regretted selling them) it was just something I had to do at the time and I hoped that at some point I could get back into collecting them. At that point he asked "What..you don't have any Trilogos left? Surely you've still got an 8D8 at least?" and I replied, "No, not even one".

He didn't say anything for a minute or two and then said "I've got an idea, what's your address??"..

Even though I refused to tell him countless times he eventually got my details and 2 days later a box showed up at the door with this inside:

IMG_2411.jpg

The note says:

To Joe,

A small token of appreciation for your hard work + dedication promoting the love of all things Trilogo.

"You've taken your first step into a larger world" - Obi Wan Kenobi

Your friend, Adam

Now keep in mind that I didn't know Adam from Adam (sorry I had to) and we had only just started talking, so for him to send me a Trilogo "just because" is quite remarkable.

I really didn't know what to say when it arrived I tbh I still don't, it was an act of generosity that you don't often see these days and while it might not seem a lot to some it meant a lot to me and put a smile on my face.

So I just wanted to share this story and prove that there are still nice people out there within this hobby and also say a huge thanks to Adam/Banton989 for being such a nice guy!

IMG_2410.jpg

(PS the shaky cam 300 pic is courtesy of my 3 year old, don't ask how long it took for her to get one that was even remotely in focus!! :lol: )

Also, while I'm thanking people - I want to yet again say thanks to Lee for getting that QC Tri cardback to me recently. This forum is full of stand up guys that are just happy to help others out and it's nice to be a part of it!

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Great stuff, Adam is a Top guy, great genuine guys on this forum.

It's really nice to hear these types of stories :D

itfciain

Grand Master
Spot on that Adam - great gesture and think it is only right that Mr Trilogo owns at least one of them :lol:

Jez

Sith Lord
Great Story Joe. This should be in the main section mate. People who aren't signed in won't see this great act of generosity as the Showcase can only be viewed when a member and logged in.
Great work Adam, top man.

Banton989

Jedi Knight
Awww thanks Joe, and you guys! Like I said to him a day without Joe having at least 1 Trilogo MOC was like a day without sunshine! I'm also hoping he gets the bug back ;-). Thankyou all for the kind words.

Banton989

Jedi Knight
Awww thanks Joe, and you guys! Like I said to him a day without Joe having at least 1 Trilogo MOC was like a day without sunshine! I'm also hoping he gets the bug back ;-). Thankyou all for the kind words.

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
What a fantastic Gesture. Kudos to you Adam. This is exactly what makes SWFUK such a an awesome community.

Hope you get he bug back again soon Joe :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom