Star Wars Pinball game 1977, what is it worth?

zagatoman

Hi all

Can anyone please help on what this is and a price I should sell for.

I have had in my loft for years and now it is time to let it go.

All I know about the Pinball game is it was made in Italy and it's called Baby Flippers and the date is probably 1977.

Planing to sell on ebay and was wondering what price I should ask. I know it is a very rare item and I cant find any others for sale.

My game is in very good condition and comes in it's original good condition box.

Thanks for your help, Paul

bagatelle-box-front.jpg

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
It's one of those "Panni"..games...and yes I probably totally mis-spelled it. I know there are collectors for these. It is def not a .99 item.

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
I reckon once is enough so I have deleted your other thread.

If you don't get as many replies as you would like, it's probably because it is a pretty uncommon item and it's hard to put a value to. It's pretty cool though.

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Right, my 'source' values the Pinball game at around £40, but says there may only be a select few collectors interested because of it's size and oddity. Also, he says that the correct name for the game is 'Bagatelle Pinball Game'.

Lastly, he notes that there should be a small metal ball included with this game.

(Did I put that right Wouter? :mrgreen: )

zagatoman

Thanks all for your help and information.

Found out the item is very sort after and not many produced and was one of the very first Star Wars items released in 1977. Have been offered £800 for it but I have also been told it could be worth £3000?

Paul

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
zagatoman said:
Thanks all for your help and information.

Found out the item is very sort after and not many produced and was one of the very first Star Wars items released in 1977. Have been offered £800 for it but I have also been told it could be worth £3000?

Paul

And I thought you wanted a serious valuation. Silly me. :roll:

zagatoman

A valuation is what someone is prepared to pay for an item. I was offered £800, this is a fact, so must be the valuation.

Hyver

Padawan
zagatoman said:
A valuation is what someone is prepared to pay for an item. I was offered £800, this is a fact, so must be the valuation.

i'll be happy to sell mine for £750 without hesitation!
good luck with the sale buddy

spoons

Grand Master
Sweet baby jesus - I got to get me one of them for only £3,000 :shock:

I never understand why people come on here, ask for advice and then ignore it saying they know its worth much more. Why come here in the first place?

It is a nice item though, but not for £3k or even £800

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I thought I saw something on TV about some guy who found an old SW toy and sold it for so much he bought Richard Branson's Necker Island! :wink:

Starzone

Padawan
http://1-most-watched-in-the-uk.collectors101.net/post/174148/Star-Wars-Bagatelle-Pinball-Episode-IV-A-New-Hope-1977.aspx

OK maybe I can shed a little light on these bagatelle/pinballs.

I have sold around 6-8 of these over the last 15 years and infact sold one last October for around £85 (unboxed) but I have sold mint boxed shrinkwrapped examples and think the most I remember selling one for was £295.

They were considered a cool and desirable item back in the early 1990s pre-internet because of their appearance in Steve Sansweets concept to screen to collectable, but they really are not as rare or desirable as they used to be.

I think they are a cool item though and I have one in my own collection.

Darren

Hyver

Padawan
word up :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EXTREMELEY-RARE-COLLECTIBLE-STAR-WARS-VINTAGE-PINBALL-/170641863601?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item27bb0c33b1

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom