Star Wars Floor Lamp

Thelampguy

Hi There people, I sell handmade one off lamps. I have just recently finished my star wars floor lamp and would appreciate your opinion. I've went with a mix of vintage and newer toys with a empire strikes back theme (still my favorite one!). Any
pic1.JPG
pics attached if i've done this right. I've put the lamp up for sale on etsy.com the shop name is flicktheswitchdesign. Cheers

Attachments

• pic2.JPG
    pic2.JPG
    211.2 KB · Views: 196
  • pic5.JPG
    pic5.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 195

lejackal

Grand Master
A desk lamp with a Jedi Training ball or thermal detonator as the base would be a resounding yes but not this, sorry.

Palifan

Sith Lord
I'm sorry to say that it just doesn't work for me. It's something to do with the way it all looks a bit random although a different shade might make some difference.

Sorry to be negative about it as I can see some work has gone into it but maybe if the Star Wars elements were subtler it might work better for me.

Best of luck with it all though.

Ian

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I dislike the volume of toys crammed into / onto it... Just a sabre or just the AT-AT would've been enough, but this doesn't work for me, sorry.

Bootyhunter

Jedi Master
tiefighterboy said:
and here I go being a vintage snob, but you just destroyed a vintage AT-AT even if it is missing it's bits.

Are you feeling okay Todd? :lol: :lol:

x-pack

Grand Master
**** man! That's ..um.. gold :shock:

I'm sorry but it made me laugh. Even the wife thought it was funny and she hates Star Wars

itfciain

Grand Master
I don't 'get it' - it's just three items welded onto a lamp stand spray painted gold

There is no story or reason for those pieces to be together so it just looks odd. Perhaps if you had the Vader at the top, a Luke falling half way down and then the Falcon at the bottom then it would make sense ?

x-pack

Grand Master
itfciain said:
I don't 'get it' - it's just three items welded onto a lamp stand spray painted gold

There is no story or reason for those pieces to be together so it just looks odd. Perhaps if you had the Vader at the top, a Luke falling half way down and then the Falcon at the bottom then it would make sense ?

Painted gold! :)

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
I guess less is more. It could be pulled off it was one theme and not multiple. My wife would have my balls if i came in the house with this and said look what i made, so where are we putting this in the living room?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
x-pack said:
itfciain said:
I don't 'get it' - it's just three items welded onto a lamp stand spray painted gold<br abp="708"><br abp="709">There is no story or reason for those pieces to be together so it just looks odd. Perhaps if you had the Vader at the top, a Luke falling half way down and then the Falcon at the bottom then it would make sense ?
<br abp="710"><br abp="711"><br abp="712"><br abp="713">Painted gold! :)

Painted, badly!
I can see huge chunks of grey plastic.

Sorry, another massive non fan here!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom