Star Wars Battlefront BETA

TwistedMetal

Sith Lord
I think the game will be slightly better the more you play it and understand it more, when I saw vader and Luke Jedi running across the map I still haven't got a bloody clue if actually players in the game or not :)
It's far from a game like 'Gears of War' but it's still ok :)

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
The beta isn't just for load-testing of the servers though.....it's also for feedback on level design and general gameplay too. Hopefully everyone will be able to give valid feedback after the beta to DICE and EA.

I personally don't like the ship controls and the fact you can't go into a prone position to snipe.

2 days left....better get playing some more :D

kieatky

Jedi Master
TwistedMetal said:
Ship? How do you get into one of those?

There's special token's scattered around which you can claim. So far I've been in an X-Wing, A-Wing, Tie Interceptor and AT AT (very limited use on this one). My son's more addicted to this than me at the moment, though it's great seeing him running round the snow ploughing through rebels as Darth Vader :D

Paul Armory

Padawan
Decent game for sure pertaining to graphics and the attention to detail. Grabbed the tokens for both Luke and Vader and like with any other game I got my ass kicked even with the special abilities. I just suck at gaming despite my countless hours of doing it over the years.

Hopefully you'll be able to prone out in the game itself. The wife mentioned while I was playing that there were thousands of grown men throughout the world doing the same thing I was. It'll be a big seller for sure.

x-pack

Grand Master
It's like the old Battle Front except miles better graphics and online play that works (it was originally on the PS2 mind). The old Battle Front was ok but very repetitive. I think this will be the same. But ...

It's freakin awesome! :) Graphics - amazing. Sound - amazing. Online access - amazing. The ranking up system looked good from what I could see. It seems to be based on the original trilogy. Controls - amazing, with the exception of a lacking option to go prone.

I couldn't see an offline game mode other than the wave survival based mode, so not sure what the actual game will be like. I killed very few enemies but I guess that's just the ranking system at play (I hope). It plays like COD (kind of) but it's Star Wars.

Not long until release. Can't wait :)

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
I love it so far. Had most fun as an ATAT Driver, shame you only get 30 seconds or so.

I'm no FPS expert so it's a bit of a learning curve, I wonder if the full version will be somehow Rank driven, so I get to play against people who aren't much good (like me). My son who is a CODhead played on it once and ended up 4th on the leaderboard, whilst I was nearer the bottom so practice definitely makes perfect.

Will definitely be buying it.

x-pack

Grand Master
jedisearcher said:
I love it so far. Had most fun as an ATAT Driver, shame you only get 30 seconds or so.

I'm no FPS expert so it's a bit of a learning curve, I wonder if the full version will be somehow Rank driven, so I get to play against people who aren't much good (like me). My son who is a CODhead played on it once and ended up 4th on the leaderboard, whilst I was nearer the bottom so practice definitely makes perfect.

Will definitely be buying it.

It feels exactly like the last Modern Warfare/COD game. I'm guessing ranking up plays a huge part. I'm getting spanked on that Hoth level by snipers and people with jet packs. Still only level 3 :roll: Young lad loves it so will deffo be buying.

Dantooine

Padawan
I really wanted to like this but after playing the beta for quite a few hours I can tell it's not for me. I'm not a fan of CoD or Battlefield, I don't like multiplayer games in general, but I liked the first 2 battlefront games and I am addicted to The Last of Us multiplayer. Well, you couldn't get further away from TLOU than this. TLOU has many different ways to play, infinite strategies depending on load out and brilliant maps with excellent line of sight etc.

This had none if that. It seems very shallow, I don't get any sense of strategy in the three modes I played. You die very quickly, instantly spawn back in so death has no meaning. Whoever starts shooting first will win. The way to gain the upper hand is to hang around spawn points... Seriously, take the Star Wars out of this game and you are left with an awful FPS. Where's the creativity? It's not enough just to make things look good (which this does).

Have these guys ever made a multiplayer game?( I know they have). I understand that it has to appeal to a mass audience, but making vehicles and heroes random spawns makes no sense. They've done it so everybody can have a go regardless of skill - so what's the point in playing?

This review sums up how I felt about it.
http://youtu.be/odzTYQE4ut8

It's still just a beta, but the game comes out in a month. I hope the other modes have more depth and that they sort out really basic problems before release.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom