Sotherbys Nigo Auction

lejackal

Grand Master
Now there is a distinct possibility I'm being thick but what makes a 65 and a 77 back Jedi Luke worth $1000? Was it the blue saber?

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
A Luke Skywalker POTF2 Short Saber Long Tray sold for $938!! Time to dig out my POTF2 figures :lol: :lol: :lol:

RifleSmile

Jedi Knight
$26000 plus fees for that Canadian seven pack!!?

Many of you will know better than me but that seems nuts??

V1Elite

I registered to bid online and have been watching the NIGO Auction all day. I have read the condition report for each and every item and surprisingly enough, At least 60% (if not more) of the rare action figures (including ALL of the Trilogo Fetts, majority of ESB and ROTJ Fetts and the POTF AT-AT Driver) had color touch ups on the edges. He definitely has some nice pieces but the condition of the figures was far below what I would expect at these prices and at Sotheby's. I wonder if they are making the buyers aware of this ahead of time? I had to go into each condition report (which wasn't available a week ago) to see if edges had been touched up or bubbles re-sealed (Only 1 or 2 reseals). If any of you are like me and have been wondering why none of the items were graded, the answer is simply because they either aren't in good enough condition or AFA wouldn't grade them because of touch ups as resealed bubbles. Cool auction, no deals to be had considering condition.

stormcab

Sith Lord
SublevelStudios said:
edd_jedi said:
This auction was never going to be for collectors, it's for rock stars and actors.

True, wonder if Rick Springfield was bidding on a few!

Does he actually buy anything now? It appeared from that recent video that everything he's got he's had since it was released. He said that his VCJ was a buck something when he bought it back on its release.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
RifleSmile said:
$26000 plus fees for that Canadian seven pack!!?

Many of you will know better than me but that seems nuts??

Is that right? Maybe I missed something then. When I looked I'm sure it said $12k for the seven pack. Maybe it's been updated. There are maybe only a small handful of those in existence. Poss only 3 examples of that set I'd say. Rarer than the carded dt luke that sold for $25k+ that's for sure and much cooler in my opinion.

Stormtrooper88

Padawan
According to the Sotheby's site the 7 pack sold for 32500 dollars. I just worked out that the total for the sale was 502202 dollars for the 175 lots. Whoever Nigo is, he can afford a nice bottle of champagne tonight.

rhyfelyser

Jedi Knight
Supporter
lejackal said:
Now there is a distinct possibility I'm being thick but what makes a 65 and a 77 back Jedi Luke worth $1000? Was it the blue saber?

Hmmm, i could do with a new car instead of my 131000 miles VW Bora, i think i'll sell my 77 back Luke jedi...

Seems a millions years ago we relied on collectors mart or when ebay had 150 lots of SW vintage to buy, now we got fwcin sothebys to buy from.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Incredible prices even by today's shocking results on some of the lots :eek: :shock:

Ha :!: I thought the Tri-logo Jawa slipped the net and went for a bargain until I read it was a reseal :lol:

Some amazing pieces there though 8) 8)

monkeyboy

Padawan
Loved the Boba revenge proof but $5k.. strewth.
I hope those rare POTFs are carefully delivered, those bubbles looked very brown.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom